Facebook Page and Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Omega777

Jun 7, 2011
A member of my church had suggested that we make a Facebook page for the church and I was wandering if anyone had any advice; was it successful?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've started out using it for our (very small) church. I'd suggest making sure people are fully aware of it and working to keep it updated if you do a Facebook page. Personally, I think a Facebook page is going to become a norm for any business or organization, and especially the church if they wanna get with it.

The churches that are successful at it do well to keep it fresh and interactive - which is what social media is about at the core. I think someone needs to devote time to it, and it's a great tool for reaching the community. I've seen both large and small churches do well, although this is my first attempt at it.

Omega777

Jun 7, 2011
We've started out using it for our (very small) church. I'd suggest making sure people are fully aware of it and working to keep it updated if you do a Facebook page. Personally, I think a Facebook page is going to become a norm for any business or organization, and especially the church if they wanna get with it.

The churches that are successful at it do well to keep it fresh and interactive - which is what social media is about at the core. I think someone needs to devote time to it, and it's a great tool for reaching the community. I've seen both large and small churches do well, although this is my first attempt at it.

Thanks for the advice, I have been looking around and I have heard the same that for it to be successful you need to make sure to keep it up to date.

joshhuntnm

Jul 1, 2012
Here is another idea related to Facebook. Have a facebook moment in church. Encourage everyone to update their wall with something like, "Great to be in church today." Imagine how many people would here about your church if everyone did this.

liz

Jun 27, 2011
I agree with you that Facebook has great potential as an evangelistic tool. Everybody and his brother/sister wants to be your/my friend, like friends of friends of friends. I have all but deleted everyone from my Facebook for now since I have a messages that everybody's friend says they have accepted my request to be their friend. I didn't request to be friends with all of these people. I suppose I don't know the ins and outs of Facebook well enough. But I think a church Facebook that members can take advantage of and let their friends know what's going on at their churches, may be a big plus for bringing people to the Lord.

I think every church should have a well-designed website in case anyone wants to find out anything about your church.

I do have a blog site I started recently which I think can provide much more content space for sharing testimonies, inspirational stories, Bible teachings, etc.
Check it out: 'God's Enduring Love'- Personal stories and testimonies of mission experiences in Northern Luzon, Philippines
http://heulu.wordpress.com

iimacbain

Nov 13, 2010
There are tools to enable you to integrate your blog, facebook and twitter accounts so that when you update one, the other is automatically updated. This is especially useful for web designers and administrators who don't then have to log into all the various accounts to send updates. As the person who manages the social network accounts and the website for Calvary Christian Fellowship in Motherwell Scotland, I find these tools invaluable and great for saving time. I set up the pages in 2010 after reading a report about the importance of evangelising the internet, and the reality that too many churches were not reaching people where they were at. Other members with Facebook pages can also keep up to date with the latest information from the website through their accounts, and many go ahead and click on the "like" button for various events.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
If you want you can follow the progress of our facebook page. It has been up for a couple fo weeks now and still in the building stage. Our congregation is very small (we meet in a fire station social hall) but growing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Come-and-See-Bible-Church/332325503523005