• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I left one off my list yesterday.

Jeanne Guyon

Very inspiring person.
And typical of the Catholic Church.....they mistreat, torture, or kill someone, (back in those days), and later they re-qualify them and elevate them as a "Saint". This is usually a few hundred years after they torture and kill them.
This happened to Joan of Arc.
This happened to Jeanne Guyon., tho in her case they only kept her in a dungeon for 7 years, probably being raped for most of that time by guards.
Eventually they let her out, and now she's revered by the CC as a "Saint" as if they never tortured her for half her life.
More then likely most Catholics don't realize it was the Catholic leadership in England who falsely accused Joan of Arc, and used their lie as their faux crime against her, to burn her. Later, Catholic writers who witnessed her savage ending were very upset, because as she was burning she was crying out to JESUS, and they realized, they were convicted in their hearts that this person was INNOCENT, and murdered by the CC.

Guyon is one of the more prolific writers of theology (personal) along with Hildegard of Bingen.
Both have been published for a long time, and both are very interesting reads.
Guyon's books are useful in understanding some of the deeper principals of the Christian walk and the "inner" prayer life.

I can amen that one too! Yes she was amazing. Somewhere along the road of 56 years I lost the book on her life :(

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do Protestants do saints as well... Ok... I thought it was a Catholic thing

Anglican do Saints and so do Orthodox and my Church does as well. One of my Priest likes St. Coulmba and in the prayers always invoked him and each time I kept thinking of Coulmbo the TV detective :)

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
She was an amazing woman.
She loved God so much.... So totally puposely given to God.
Very inspiriting person.

Did you ever read - "Reese Howells Intercessor" written by Norman Grubb..
A similar anointing was upon him...well worth the read...I believe its free on pdf

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hatred is so wrong. Sorry for any hatred On my part...many people have been so distracted by other denominations, that they lash out. It’s not a personal attack, although it might appear that way. I find myself lashing out at most denominations now, as I’ve allowed myself to be led astray by quite a few. Maybe I just like distractions??

As far as I seen you been great, I been bad though and yes I lash out. It was the OP I was thinking of. By putting this thread in this section he OP is trying to say he is better because he is not a Traditional Christian.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anglican do Saints and so do Orthodox and my Church does as well. One of my Priest likes St. Coulmba and in the prayers always invoked him and each time I kept thinking of Coulmbo the TV detective :)
Invoked him...stop it! now I know you’re having a laugh :)

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I seen you been great, I been bad though and yes I lash out. It was the OP I was thinking of. By putting this thread in this section he OP is trying to say he is better because he is not a Traditional Christian.
Lol

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=
In some ways, the phrase "favorite Saint" is a bit humorous, as all the born again are "Saints".
God has no favorites , He just has those who do more for Him, and understand more from Him.

The Catholic church of course twisted this idea of "Saint" and redefined it as carnal= "famous".
This is carnal, and its not scriptural, but, in the history of the Church there have been some "famous" believers who are well worth learning about, as i find that when i read about the LIFE of someone from the Past who gave everything, gave all, to God, it helps me to to also manifest the same type of ultimate spirituality.

I'll list a few "Saints" for you, and if you are curious, then do a Wiki search, or go deeper and order a book, or do a really refined "Bing" or "Google" or similar search, and see if you are not also captivated and inspired by those who elevated into a Higher Place of Dominion in God.

1. St Francis

2. Mary Of Egypt.

3. Joan of Arc

4. St Bernard Of Clairvaux

5. Hildegard of Bingen

6. Dionysius

7. Richard of St. Victor

8. Gregory of Nyssa

Book you should get :

Foxe's Book Of Martyrs

Stephen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Sometimes i talk with believers who are "grown"......adults....... well past 40...saved 30+ yrs and so many are hoping to keep staying down here, as they enjoy what this world has to offer. The Food, the fun, the Travel, the buying and getting......Spending money... That new car, that New Big Screen, those new Clothes......getting that New home for the 5th time....... they just can GET ENOUGH of this world.
I dont feel that at all.
I dont like it down here.
This place will harm you. This place will kill your family, kill your friends. Its a world full of thorns and liars, the Devil is controlling most of it, including a good part of "christianity".
I want to BE where there are no more tears, no more worries, no more "can you come to the hospital".....
I will finish my course, but if i can finish it today as God's will, then take me home, and Thank YOU im ready.

Soon, we will be where the smile of Jesus and the Love of God fills our eternal day with such JOY UNSPEAKABLE AND FULL OF GLORY.
I hope that day is today.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Invoked him...stop it! now I know you’re having a laugh :)

I must have used the wrong word. In the Mass when my Priest ask Mary, Joseph, and all the Saints to pray for us he also adds especially (saint name here)