• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good Saint is Saint Silvan whose body in incorruptible since the year 300 A.D.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I must have used the wrong word. In the Mass when my Priest ask Mary, Joseph, and all the Saints to pray for us he also adds especially (saint name here)

What will you do when you find out that no saints in Heaven are listening to your Priest at all?
They are not praying for you.
You have one advocate in Heaven, who represents you, and this isn't Mary, or Gabriel, or Micah, or Joan of Arc.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont like it down here.
This place will harm you. This place will kill your family, kill your friends. Its a world full of thorns and liars, the Devil is controlling most of it, including a good part of "christianity".
I want to BE where there are no more tears, no more worries, no more "can you come to the hospital".....
I will finish my course, but if i can finish it today as God's will, then take me home, and Thank YOU im ready.
I agree, when God says it's time for me to come home, fantastic!

In the meantime . . . I want as much time here as I can have because this is where we are building for heaven, this is when we can store treasures and earn rewards.

Now, don't get me wrong. What I want is to be with Jesus. But Jesus tells us to store up treasures, and to work for those rewards that don't fade, so, it must be good to do.

I want fruitfulness.

I want my life to make as much of a difference as it can!

Jesus knows what's right for me, but that's how I feel.

Much love!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will you do when you find out that no saints in Heaven are listening to your Priest at all?
They are not praying for you.
You have one advocate in Heaven, who represents you, and this isn't Mary, or Gabriel, or Micah, or Joan of Arc.

They are. I know your hatred of Catholics and other Traditional Christians such as myself, enough hatred that you place this thread here insinuating that Catholics and other Traditional Christians are not believers. The truth is your brand of Christianity is new and not known through out history. Many Churches ask Saints to pray Anglicans, Orthodox, some Lutherans, and other Traditional Christian groups the problem is you can't see anything other than the Catholic boogeyman which is non existent.

Christ is our only mediator between us and God the Father but yet you will still pray (it means ask, not some religious thing) to others on this for to pray for you and don't give it a second thought so you should really not ask anyone to pray for you at all because you only have one mediator after all. For us Traditional Christians and others we will continue to ask other people to pray for us and for Traditional Christians surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses will ask even the Saints to breathe a pray because the pray of a righteous man avails much.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Now, don't get me wrong. What I want is to be with Jesus. But Jesus tells us to store up treasures, and to work for those rewards that don't fade, so, it must be good to do.

Does the Lord tell you to WANT to store up treasures and pursue rewards more then you are to desire to be with Him, there, right now?
Paul said its "far better to depart this place and be with Christ".

I'll tell you an interesting truth...
If a Christian has stored up a lifetime of heavenly treasure and an eternity full of rewards, (good deeds) yet they have never led one human being to the Cross where they were removed from the wrath of God by being born again into the Spirit of God, then they have truly earned nothing that matters, their entire life.
Regarding Christian Discipleship......Soul winning and discipling-teaching is Job 1.

There are 3 Things that matter that all believers need to do.
Learn how to live a sinless life. Win souls. Live in the Scriptures.
Winning Souls is Job 1. With discipling them so that they are not faith ruined by a heretic, all related to Job 1.
Other personal things really matter, such as taking care of your family, prayer and praise, etc.
But, regarding discipleship service.... to die or to be raptured and meet Christ, and all you can offer as your life of deeds is to tell Jesus that you were able to speak in tongues and you never missed a Sunday in Church, is to offer him nothing that matters.
Its really important to God that we lead others to the Cross.
Nothing is more important, as nothing else keeps a person from burning in the Lake of Fire.
God came as Christ to SAVE SOULS.
WE are the saved souls who are to help do the same.
= Job 1

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
They are. I know your hatred of Catholics.

I dont hate Catholics.
I hate deception that ruins a believer's faith or life by keeping them mentally bound by deceit.
If you read my Posts, you'll find that i attack false doctrine, and often the person or the reader misreads this as "attacking the person".
I attack, ATTACK what a person is doing to other believers when they try to deceive them with HERESY.
That is what i do constantly on forums, included a lot of Teaching, via Threads.

See, you have a Priest that says saints.... who are not able to see us from the vantage point of Heaven,.... are praying for you.
Im a Priest that is telling you that you are deceived by any "priest" or similar liar who tells you to pray to saints, or to Mary, or to believe that humans who are the same as you, and are now dead, are noticing you from heaven as they look down on 7.5 billion people and are praying for you.
They are not.
You are being lied to, and it is up to you to get away from this, instead of clinging to what isn't true.
Listen, when you pray to a saint or to Mary, you are praying to the walls and the air, and the ceiling.
You're doing NOTHING but wasting your prayer time.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate deception that ruins a believer's faith or life by keeping them mentally bound by deceit.

Than why keep posting your drivel that makes others bound by deceit with your lies. God forbid you make and effort to understand others just spread lies and innuendos. Really I feel sorry for you serving a god that is one of the dead. Maybe someday you can come to the God of the living, you see Christians are never dead that is our promise.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Than why keep posting your drivel that makes others bound by deceit with your lies. God forbid you make and effort to understand others just spread lies and innuendos

God is not going to "forbid" me from trying to help people like you.
Its why im here.
I teach that Jesus saves and Keeps you Saved.
I teach that Eternal Life is actually ETERNAL, while heretics teach that its temporary, and you keep it or lose it, but its never certain.
I lift up the Cross and Christ , and give all credit due CHRIST for the blood that saves us and keeps us saved.
You believe this is "drivel", because your faith is not related to God's Grace.
It if was, you would HEAR ME.
You are on a CHRISTian forum, talking about praying to dead people who are now in heaven, who are no better then you, and certainly are not wanting you to pray to them.
Realize it yet?
Wake up. !
You can't see what im saying as true, because you have no spiritual way to connect to words that are spiritual.
Read my Threads.
Learn how to be delivered from the bondage of sinning and guilt, and repenting.
You are not to exist like this, as a Child of God.
You are to be living a life of perfected discipleship, and never are you to be living in a mind that sees yourself as a sinning Christian who is going to do this, and should expect it.
You are not to expect it. You are not to live this type of wrong believing life. You are to be free of sinning, and instead always walking in the Spirit that is the Grace of God that is the power of Christ to deliver you INTO the lifestyle that is not in bondage to your flesh.

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry @Behold you each a strange Gospel as can be seen all over because you think you know everything. It's better to ignore a bad person than engage them all the time, bye

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Lord tell you to WANT to store up treasures and pursue rewards more then you are to desire to be with Him, there, right now?
Paul said its "far better to depart this place and be with Christ".
Paul also said that it's hard to choose.

Philippians 1
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
26 That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

The mandate is to store our treasures, to earn rewards. I think the ways we do that are two. One is to give sacrificially towards the needs of others, whether money, goods, time. The other, to build the church, that being by the evangelist, and by the prophet, and by the shepherd/teacher. And that being by the gifts, the charismata.

I'll tell you an interesting truth...
If a Christian has stored up a lifetime of heavenly treasure and an eternity full of rewards, (good deeds) yet they have never led one human being to the Cross where they were removed from the wrath of God by being born again into the Spirit of God, then they have truly earned nothing that matters, their entire life.

I think a lot of people may miss what these rewards really are.

1 Thessalonians 2:19 "For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?"

1 Corinthians 3 talks about what we build with, and that we may receive gold and silver and precious stones. I can't say with certainty what that will look like, but I think of like in Malachi, And they shall be mine when I take up my jewels . . .

The one thing we can take with us from this world are the relationships we have in Christ. And the greatest joy second to being with God will be, I think, to see those in their glory who we may have contributed to in some way.

And those who are wise, will shine like the brightness of the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars of heaven forever!

And we have one opportunity for this, at least, so far as I know.

So while I'd much much rather be done here, and to be with Jesus, still, I know there is greater joy to come, if I endure a few more afflictions, so that I can become a little more useful. Intimacy with Jesus must always come first, and that is where our life is richest. But also the most fruitful.

I think I agree that the best things to be had cannot be gained by direct pursuit. I want to build Christ's church, build up upon His foundation, but, the real building is done by Him in me, as my faith life is His life in me. So I make Him my desire. And He gives me not only Himself, but everything else.

Oh how I LOVE writing about this! What a Joy!

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
  1. “Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.”
    -St. Francis
  1. “Give something, however small, to the one in need. For it is not small to one who has nothing. Neither is it small to God, if we have given what we could.”
    -St. Gregory Nazianzen
  1. “Let us go forward in peace, our eyes upon heaven, the only one goal of our labors.”
    -St. Therese of Lisieux
  1. “Love God, serve God; everything is in that.”
    -St. Clare of Assisi
  1. “Pray with great confidence, with confidence based upon the goodness and infinite generosity of God and upon the promises of Jesus Christ. God is a spring of living water which flows unceasingly into the hearts of those who pray.”
    -St. Louis de Montfort
  1. “You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working, and just so, you learn to love by loving. All those who think to learn in any other way deceive themselves.”
    -St. Francis de Sales
The more a man uses moderation in his life, the more he is at peace, for he is not full of cares for many things.

Nothing is anything more to me; everything is nothing to me, but Jesus: neither things nor persons, neither ideas nor emotions, neither honor nor sufferings. Jesus is for me honor, delight, heart and soul.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sorry @Behold you each a strange Gospel as can be seen all over because you think you know everything. It's better to ignore a bad person than engage them all the time, bye

If you truly believe that the Gospel of the Grace of God as found and received by Faith as "the gift of salvation" and the "gift of righteousness", that i teach, that Paul taught me, then you have more issues then just praying to dead people who are now in Heaven, who are just like you.
If Mary was here, she'd tell you to stop praying to her and stop worshiping her, and to only give this honor to the same Holy one who died for her sin also.
Listen...
It is better to listen then to dodge the truth.
It is better to learn, then to ignore the facts.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So while I'd much much rather be done here, and to be with Jesus, still, I know there is greater joy to come, if I endure a few more afflictions, so that I can become a little more useful.

The mandate, is not to earn rewards, but rather its to "Go into the world and preach-teach-share the Gospel".
Your WORLD is right inside or outside your door. Its your family, its your friends, its your neighbors, and its your enemies.
Thats your WORLD.
Its the Poor, its the lost, its the suffering, and its the helpless and the hopeless that you SEE all around you.
Do you want a "mandate"?
Then, Deal with all those people, allowing the Truth of God and the Love of Christ be their solution and hope.
Teach them how to do that, is a good mandate.

You stated that you feel that you are here to suffer a bit more.
Are you?
Do you think that if you suffer more you'll lead more people to Christ and Give more money to the poor?
Do you feel that its by having more hardships, you'll find a way to actually do more for God, that you can't do unless you suffer more and have more Tribulation, first?
Really?
Ive a better idea...
Dont wait on suffering. Just go ahead and learn how to live a sinless life now, and practice being available and dependable at all times, as God needs us to be.
Work on that, and dont be concerned with staying around a few more decades in case God needs you to suffer a bit more., as if you're not careful, you'll think that what the Devil is causing you to "suffer" , is God doing it.
Lots of believers are lost in that deception and misery.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
""""""The grace of salvation, the grace of Christian wholeness that flowers in silence, dispels this illusion of separation. For when the mind is brought to stillness, and all our strategies of acquisition have dropped, a deeper truth presents itself: we are and have always been one with God and we are all one in God"""""

""""It seems to me that I have found my Heaven on earth, since Heaven is God, and God is in my soul. The day I understood that, everything became clear to me. I would like to whisper this secret to those I love so they too might always cling to God through everything."""""

"""He who has learned to seek nothing but the will of God, shall always find what he seeks."" Jeanne Guyon

""""""The greater perfection a soul aspires after, the more dependent it is upon Divine Grace.""" Brother Lawrence

""""A human being is a vessel that God has built for himself and filled with his inspiration so that his works are perfected in it."" Hildegard of Bingen

Because of the great infinite love which God has for all humankind,
He makes no distinction in love between the blessed soul of Christ
and the lowliest of the souls that are to be saved . . . .
We should highly rejoice that God dwells in our soul
and still more highly should we rejoice that our soul dwells in God.
Our soul is made to be God’s dwelling place,
and the dwelling place of our soul is God who was never made.

– Julian of Norwich

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two things that the "born again" sects do much, much better than the Catholic Church:

1. Attract folks of below-average intelligence.
2. Attract folks of unstable mind.

And does God then love people with high IQ's more than those of low IQ or those of sound mind than those whose minds are unstable?

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:" Acts 10:34

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. St Francis

2. Mary Of Egypt.

3. Joan of Arc

4. St Bernard Of Clairvaux

5. Hildegard of Bingen

6. Dionysius

7. Richard of St. Victor

8. Gregory of Nyssa

Favorite warriors:
The apostle Paul
Elijah
David

Favorite visionaries:
Enoch
Daniel

Favorite creative writers:
Jude
Joel

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes i talk with believers who are "grown"......adults....... well past 40...saved 30+ yrs and so many are hoping to keep staying down here, as they enjoy what this world has to offer. The Food, the fun, the Travel, the buying and getting......Spending money... That new car, that New Big Screen, those new Clothes......getting that New home for the 5th time....... they just can GET ENOUGH of this world.
I dont feel that at all.
I dont like it down here.
This place will harm you. This place will kill your family, kill your friends. Its a world full of thorns and liars, the Devil is controlling most of it, including a good part of "christianity".
I want to BE where there are no more tears, no more worries, no more "can you come to the hospital".....
I will finish my course, but if i can finish it today as God's will, then take me home, and Thank YOU im ready.

Soon, we will be where the smile of Jesus and the Love of God fills our eternal day with such JOY UNSPEAKABLE AND FULL OF GLORY.
I hope that day is today.
I’ve not liked it down here for three and a half decades...but He has not finished refining me yet. Press on behold. The Lord bless you and keep you...

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I must have used the wrong word. In the Mass when my Priest ask Mary, Joseph, and all the Saints to pray for us he also adds especially (saint name here)
Ours would mention st joseph, as that was the name of the church...Invoke reminds me of what Saul asked the woman to do with the prophet samuel. Dodgy

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes i talk with believers who are "grown"......adults....... well past 40...saved 30+ yrs and so many are hoping to keep staying down here, as they enjoy what this world has to offer. The Food, the fun, the Travel, the buying and getting......Spending money... That new car, that New Big Screen, those new Clothes......getting that New home for the 5th time....... they just can GET ENOUGH of this world.
I find much the same with the majority of ‘believers’ I talk to. A godly preacher once said ‘if you don’t want to spend time with Jesus now, don’t worry, you wont be spending time with Him in eternity’...sobering to say the least