• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They are. I know your hatred of Catholics and other Traditional Christians such as myself, enough hatred that you place this thread here insinuating that Catholics and other Traditional Christians are not believers. The truth is your brand of Christianity is new and not known through out history. Many Churches ask Saints to pray Anglicans, Orthodox, some Lutherans, and other Traditional Christian groups the problem is you can't see anything other than the Catholic boogeyman which is non existent.

Christ is our only mediator between us and God the Father but yet you will still pray (it means ask, not some religious thing) to others on this for to pray for you and don't give it a second thought so you should really not ask anyone to pray for you at all because you only have one mediator after all. For us Traditional Christians and others we will continue to ask other people to pray for us and for Traditional Christians surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses will ask even the Saints to breathe a pray because the pray of a righteous man avails much.
People don’t hate catholic’s, they hate the rcc teachings

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=
In some ways, the phrase "favorite Saint" is a bit humorous, as all the born again are "Saints".
God has no favorites , He just has those who do more for Him, and understand more from Him.

The Catholic church of course twisted this idea of "Saint" and redefined it as carnal= "famous".
This is carnal, and its not scriptural, but, in the history of the Church there have been some "famous" believers who are well worth learning about, as i find that when i read about the LIFE of someone from the Past who gave everything, gave all, to God, it helps me to to also manifest the same type of ultimate spirituality.

I'll list a few "Saints" for you, and if you are curious, then do a Wiki search, or go deeper and order a book, or do a really refined "Bing" or "Google" or similar search, and see if you are not also captivated and inspired by those who elevated into a Higher Place of Dominion in God.

1. St Francis

2. Mary Of Egypt.

3. Joan of Arc

4. St Bernard Of Clairvaux

5. Hildegard of Bingen

6. Dionysius

7. Richard of St. Victor

8. Gregory of Nyssa

Book you should get :

Foxe's Book Of Martyrs
Padre Pio

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People don’t hate catholic’s, they hate the rcc teachings
I bet if you asked, most on here were catholic before even coming to faith in Jesus Christ. There’s believing a person existed in history-then there’s faith in WHAT That Person fulfilled/fulfils.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stated that you feel that you are here to suffer a bit more.
That's not really what I said though.

Do you want a "mandate"?
I didn't say that either.

Do you feel that its by having more hardships, you'll find a way to actually do more for God, that you can't do unless you suffer more and have more Tribulation, first?
This isn't like what I said either.

Work on that, and dont be concerned with staying around a few more decades in case God needs you to suffer a bit more., as if you're not careful, you'll think that what the Devil is causing you to "suffer" , is God doing it.
Are you someone who believes what suffering is not a normal part of the Christian life?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont wait on suffering. Just go ahead and learn how to live a sinless life now, and practice being available and dependable at all times, as God needs us to be.
There is no waiting on anything aside from waiting on the Lord.

I think what we all are to be doing as a #1 mission to our lives is to simply draw closer to God, moment by moment, day by day, in quiet faith, and in so doing we find that He does all that is good to be done.

Pursuing sinlessness is faulty in my eyes. For whatever that is worth.

If are minds are set on God, we do not sin. If our minds are set on God, His presence here with me now as I type to you, or whatever I am doing, I am available to Him, we are together.

It is our togetherness with God that this is all about I think. And sharing that togetherness with others.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I find much the same with the majority of ‘believers’ I talk to. A godly preacher once said ‘if you don’t want to spend time with Jesus now, don’t worry, you wont be spending time with Him in eternity’...sobering to say the least

I like that Preacher :)
Another one said.... "you don't hear many Preachers preaching on Hell anymore....Its because they are trying to get in Air Conditioned before they all move in".

Our Hearts are where our treasure is found..
Store it "up there"....

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think what we all are to be doing as a #1 mission to our lives is to simply draw closer to God,
!

You know, im all over the world teaching Grace.
Just the simple tenets of Paul's Gospel of Grace.
How to live deeply within the Grace of God so that sin consciousness leaves and Holy Living remains.
This keeps me very busy, because this is not "modern church" theology.
It's Paul's..... and this is a rare thing to learn these days..
You would think that you can go on a "christian" forum and say...>"isn't it great that the blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved".
But you can't.....unless you are willing to fight most of the forum and half the mods, who teach that '""God chooses some for hell, and that the blood atonement is only as good as YOU ARE."""" so. you better get that ENDURING TOGETHER or you'll BURN after you die."""
So, the world of Christianity, has "fallen from Grace".... and its not going to get better, as this is a sign of the end times..

But as i was saying, in another post..
We are going meet Jesus (bema seat) and give account for our life we lived in "the body of Christ".
And if we bring no souls with us.....If we have never led a soul to Christ then do not fool yourself... reader
Anything else you bring, as compared to a Soul, is very little.
God is in the Soul Saving business using the Blood of Himself to do it..
If we are not in the same business, then you are not on the same job.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are you someone who believes what suffering is not a normal part of the Christian life?

Much love!

Jesus said that in this life we would have "tribulation".
If you are breathing, saved or lost, you'll have plenty....... just keep living.....It'll find you.
This world is a veil of tears, full of thorns, and no one gets out alive.

But, there is such a thing as taking the idea of "suffering to be more like Christ".. to an extreme state of stupid.
This is a "martyr's complex", and this person only sees God's will in evidence if they are miserable and can't change it.
This is the type person who will want their children to be sick and broke, because this is how you learn "real spirituality", they think.
This person teaches the "gospel of poverty"....= that to have nothing is to "be spiritual".
This person teaches that "God gave you that cancer and that brain tumor and that broken back", so that you can be "more like Christ".
This type person is a religious lunatic.
Reader, if i just described your Pastor, Minister, or Bishop, then leave that church, as you are listening to a mentally ill person who speaks well.
We are to take up our Cross daily, and we are to present our bodies a living sacrifice, but we are not to be FOOLS looking for hardship so that we can then boast about it later as "our testimony".

The suffering that refines us, is 95% being put into a situation that you have to endure, and that is just about everything in Life, as the world is against you, if you born again. So, everything tends to wear on you that the world offers, because its always a taxing process of resisting it.
Thats tribulation.
If you are in the ministry, you'll have people trying to run your church or steal it. And thats tribulation.
If you are a strong witness, then you'll face tribulation on Christian Forums, or on your job, or in your family..
Thats Tribulation.
Suffering will find you, if you are taking a Stand for the Cross.
Jesus took a stand for Truth and they murdered Him on a Cross.
Paul took a stand, and was stoned to death once, beaten close to death a few times, kept chained up for years....
All the Apostles died a harsh death, 'sept for John, and we dont know how he died...

Here is what God said about being broke.. "Poverty is the destruction of the poor".
Here is what i say about that... = poverty has already harmed more then riches ever will.

And..
I teach a specific subject to most believers. "How to stop sinning".
Its all about taking no personal credit for Salvation, and giving full Credit To Christ for saving you, and KEEPING YOU SAVED.
See the "keeping you saved part"? This is what separates the heretic from the real believer.
The heretic can't deal with "Jesus saved me and Jesus keeps me saved".
They get rid of that and replace it with "enduring to the end", "obedience".. "commandment keeping"....and "doing stuff".
And all that, REJECTS GRACE, and when you reject Grace, God's Grace can't free you from sinning.
See, you can't Trust in Christ and also try to keep yourself saved.
You ether trust Christ to get you into heaven, or you trust YOU to do it, by SELF EFFORT.
When you are doing it, Grace is not your foundation, and you will sin and repent.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, there is such a thing as taking the idea of "suffering to be more like Christ".. to an extreme state of stupid.
That's not what I am talking about.

So while I'd much much rather be done here, and to be with Jesus, still, I know there is greater joy to come, if I endure a few more afflictions, so that I can become a little more useful. Intimacy with Jesus must always come first, and that is where our life is richest. But also the most fruitful.

2 Corinthians 4
16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

To continue in this world is to live where the outward man is perishing, where we carry about in our bodies the death of Jesus, so that His life is revealed.

To continue here is to know that there will be afflictions, but glory will come from that. And that glory will be, I think, from the fruit we have in the lives of those around us.

Yes, some seek after suffering as if it were something we should grasp. I'm recognizing that to continue here will mean the continuance of affliction, but the inner man is renewed, and becomes more fruitful.

Much love!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find much the same with the majority of ‘believers’ I talk to. A godly preacher once said ‘if you don’t want to spend time with Jesus now, don’t worry, you wont be spending time with Him in eternity’...sobering to say the least
Just as with husband and wife, it is a relationship which grows over the years.

Reactions: marks

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet if you asked, most on here were catholic before even coming to faith in Jesus Christ. There’s believing a person existed in history-then there’s faith in WHAT That Person fulfilled/fulfils.

I was Christian as a Catholic and so are Catholics. I get tried of people saying that Catholics are not Christians just because someone was supposed to now be enlightened after they left the Catholic Church. Just because you prayed a special prayer and now read your Bible doesn't mean you weren't a Christian before. I am not trying to be mean it is one of the greatest tragedies to assume that Traditional Christians are not Christians because you have new ideas.

I never thought in a million years that the wonderful Catholics were not Christians when I left the Catholic Church. It was the Catholic Church that taught me to love God more than I ever learned as an evangelical, to love Christ Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist and realize that I was starving my spirit to death not having the most Holy Eucharist, where I learned to love the Rosary, where I learned Christians don't die when go to Heave, where I learned to appreciate Purgatory. For me evangelical Protestantism is an absolute lie but I would never ever say that when they convert to Traditional Christianity away from the new Christianity that those people finally came to Christ. I understand that anyone who claims the name of Christ is a believer not just evangelical Protestants.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was Christian as a Catholic and so are Catholics. I get tried of people saying that Catholics are not Christians just because someone was supposed to now be enlightened after they left the Catholic Church. Just because you prayed a special prayer and now read your Bible doesn't mean you weren't a Christian before. I am not trying to be mean it is one of the greatest tragedies to assume that Traditional Christians are not Christians because you have new ideas.

I never thought in a million years that the wonderful Catholics were not Christians when I left the Catholic Church. It was the Catholic Church that taught me to love God more than I ever learned as an evangelical, to love Christ Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist and realize that I was starving my spirit to death not having the most Holy Eucharist, where I learned to love the Rosary, where I learned Christians don't die when go to Heave, where I learned to appreciate Purgatory. For me evangelical Protestantism is an absolute lie but I would never ever say that when they convert to Traditional Christianity away from the new Christianity that those people finally came to Christ. I understand that anyone who claims the name of Christ is a believer not just evangelical Protestants.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the Holy Eucharist and realize that I was starving my spirit to death not having the most Holy Eucharist, where I learned to love the Rosary, where I learned Christians don't die when go to Heave, where I learned to appreciate Purgatory.

Please show the scriptures that mention the above.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Holy Eucharist and realize that I was starving my spirit to death not having the most Holy Eucharist, where I learned to love the Rosary, where I learned Christians don't die when go to Heave, where I learned to appreciate Purgatory.

Please show the scriptures that mention the above.

Sure Christ instituted the Eucharist himself, the rosary is what the angel said to the Blessed Mother, St. Paul talked about Purgatory. Not everything has to be in the Bible in fact God Himself has St. Paul pen down "Keep what was written and oral" and the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. You will never ever find in the Bible any verse that says use the Bible alone, that idea is doctrine of man not God.

Reactions: Marymog