Folks are tired of a reformation and hunger for a transformation, which Acts 2:38 will provide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know that's true. Why was Paul so glad he hadn't water baptized more than those he had? If water baptism were the centerpoint of being saved, that would make no sense whatsoever.

People poing to a "sinner's prayer", also not prescribed as a method of salvatoin, but just the same, an act done at a point in time, why not look to that? The first time you spoke to God in humility and faith?

Paul specifically contrasted the cross against other things, lest anything detract from the power of the cross, the true power in salvation.

Neither faith in baptism nor faith in faith itself saves us, but faith in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is interesting. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting to have to present anything to my Father when this body stops working. I'm thinking I'll continue to be His son, not because I've been immersed into water, but because I've been immersed into Christ, where I remain.

I can't imaging having to present some "case" of why I should be "let in those pearly gates". My concept is much different than than. More like, living in this world is like knowing my Father but with ear plugs and blindfold. Upon death, those come off, and I will see Him.

Much love!
Paul simply let others do the baptizing for him. It is simple as that. Modernists interpret it to say Paul was anti-baptism. How silly.
Also, you will never find remission of sins outside of baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.
The same person that commanded that at Pentecost wrote that baptism doth now save us. He also wrote in the same verse that it gives you a clean conscience before God.
Now think about this. Peter was saying Acts2:38, remission of sins, gives a clean conscience toward God. This is not rocket science.
The apostle Peter did not change his mind. The modernist theologian reprobate changed Peters mind instead.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's an intersting idea I've heard before. Is "exercising faith" likewise a work?

Much love!
A spirit led work, yes indeed.

The Spirit led work is not to be confused with the biblical description of the works of the law.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Human spirit gets a changed thought process.
We are not de brained
Are you sure? What is this "human spirit" which gets a new thought?

I think we are made completely new.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul simply let others do the baptizing for him. It is simple as that.
Well there's an argument from silence.

Water baptism isn't what gives me a clean conscience. Just anyone can get dunked in water. What gives me a clean conscience is being baptised into Christ's death, to be raised with Him. That's what removes my sin, not being dipped.

Much love!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Human spirit
Are you sure? What is this "human spirit" which gets a new thought?

I think we are made completely new.

Much love!
Our human spirit is saved by God's Spirit as they commune.

Our physical body is not saved, but only our human spirit.

The mind of Christ is a "hostile takeover" of our minds by Christ, via the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

It becomes the new influencer and savior of our human spirit.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there's an argument from silence.

Water baptism isn't what gives me a clean conscience. Just anyone can get dunked in water. What gives me a clean conscience is being baptised into Christ's death, to be raised with Him. That's what removes my sin, not being dipped.

Much love!
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

...what's wrong with this picture?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, we are born a new spirit being from God as we believe on Jesus.

Much love!
Our human spirit disintegrated and a new one was installed?

Wouldn't be better to say a divine hard drive reboot happened?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our human spirit disintegrated and a new one was installed?

Wouldn't be better to say a divine hard drive reboot happened?
If any be in Christ he is a new creature. Old things have passed way, behold, all is new! Now all is from God.

I think I'd say it that way.

Much love!

Reactions: Truther

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

...what's wrong with this picture?

In the book of Acts chapter 2: verse 37, they had just heard that Jesus is the Christ, and now BELIEVE.
Now, that should have been enough that they are saved.

However, when asked, "What shall we do?" - Peter SHOULD have said, "I see you all have heard and are now BELIEVING, therefor go home and be warmed and filled."

But No, that's is NOT enough. Peter and all the apostles with him said...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

So their sins should have already been forgiven in verse 37 ... AND, if hearing the word is being immersed, then why tell them to be immersed in verse 38?

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If any be in Christ he is a new creature. Old things have passed way, behold, all is new! Now all is from God.

I think I'd say it that way.

Much love!
God does not replace our human spirit with His, he just fixes it with His divine nature. He makes it like Adam's used to be before the fall.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the book of Acts chapter 2: verse 37, they had just heard that Jesus is the Christ, and now BELIEVE.
Now, that should have been enough that they are saved.

However, when asked, "What shall we do?" - Peter SHOULD have said, "I see you all have heard and are now BELIEVING, therefor go home and be warmed and filled."

But No, that's is NOT enough. Peter and all the apostles with him said...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

So their sins should have already been forgiven in verse 37 ... AND, if hearing the word is being immersed, then why tell them to be immersed in verse 38?
Modern theologians are incredibly easy to debunk...LOL

Reactions: user

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never heard that whopper(highlighted) before. Where you get that one?

Baptized by Paul's voice?
No by the Holy Spirit. Countless times in the scriptures it tells us that the WORD inspired by the Holy Spirit brings about the baptism. The verse clearly says "THEY HEARD".

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Modern theologians are incredibly easy to debunk...LOL

When Peter explained the Gospel to the family of Cornelius, he stated: "To him [Christ] give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (10:43). That verse is extremely clear and simple. And the same person who spoke Acts 2:38 spoke Acts 10:43. Peter, thus, is his own best interpreter. When Cornelius' family heard those gracious words, they believed, received divine forgiveness, and were filled with the Holy Spirit (v. 44). These divine blessings came as a result of a faith-only experience. Although Cornelius and his house were baptized later, they were not baptized to receive the remission of sins. They already had that spiritual reality.

Reactions: marks

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Peter explained the Gospel to the family of Cornelius, he stated: "To him [Christ] give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (10:43). That verse is extremely clear and simple. And the same person who spoke Acts 2:38 spoke Acts 10:43. Peter, thus, is his own best interpreter. When Cornelius' family heard those gracious words, they believed, received divine forgiveness, and were filled with the Holy Spirit (v. 44). These divine blessings came as a result of a faith-only experience. Although Cornelius and his house were baptized later, they were not baptized to receive the remission of sins. They already had that spiritual reality.

So your saying that, since Acts 10 is later than Acts 2, it somehow changed the salvation formula?

Doesn't this come after Acts 10?...

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many folks might be tired of the reformation . but lambs are tired of the r double c and is false all inclusive fraternity message .
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE SHALL SERVE . But as for me and the lambs , ITS THE BIBLICAL JESUS .
I will have no part of this we are one unity all inclusive lie .

Reactions: Marvelloustime