Folks are tired of a reformation and hunger for a transformation, which Acts 2:38 will provide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No by the Holy Spirit. Countless times in the scriptures it tells us that the WORD inspired by the Holy Spirit brings about the baptism. The verse clearly says "THEY HEARD".
So the works of the Apostle speaking the word is part of the Spirit baptism as God used his voice to trigger salvation?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Peter explained the Gospel to the family of Cornelius, he stated: "To him [Christ] give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (10:43). That verse is extremely clear and simple. And the same person who spoke Acts 2:38 spoke Acts 10:43. Peter, thus, is his own best interpreter. When Cornelius' family heard those gracious words, they believed, received divine forgiveness, and were filled with the Holy Spirit (v. 44). These divine blessings came as a result of a faith-only experience. Although Cornelius and his house were baptized later, they were not baptized to receive the remission of sins. They already had that spiritual reality.
I see what you think now....

You think Acts 10 is a clarification of Acts 2:38.

You think Peter knew he blew it with requiring baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of the Jew's sins, so he dropped the requirement in Acts 10 to just "believe only".

Fact is....
whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost....

Next...

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord....

Commanded or suggested?

If they were commanded to be baptized like the 3000 in Acts 2, was it still relevant?

Do you command folks to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins or tell them "don't worry about it"?

If someone asks you "what shall I do"...what do YOU tell them???

Last edited:

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your saying that, since Acts 10 is later than Acts 2, it somehow changed the salvation formula?

Doesn't this come after Acts 10?...

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

I'm not saying it the scriptures said it. It's so clear. John The Baptist baptized with water. Jesus said he came to baptize with the Holy Spirit.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see what you think now....

You think Acts 10 is a clarification of Acts 2:38.

You think Peter knew he blew it with requiring baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of the Jew's sins, so he dropped the requirement in Acts 10 to just "believe only".

Fact is....
whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost....

Next...

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord....

Commanded or suggested?

If they were commanded to be baptized like the 3000 in Acts 2, was it still relevant?

Do you command folks to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins or tell them "don't worry about it"?

If someone asks you "what shall I do"...what do YOU tell them???

Like I've pointed out over and over again. The scriptures tell us many times that new believers were baptized with the Holy Spirit on repentance and faith without getting wet. It seems to me that Peter was not sure what to do since he had never experienced a believer receiving the Holy
Spirit without being water baptized. Water baptism happened AFTER a person was saved. If you think you need to get wet after repenting, confessing your sins, and receiving the Holy Spirit what exactly does the water baptism actually accomplish? Not salvation. John baptized with water but Jesus came to baptize with the Holy Spirit. I do think water baptism is a public display of our commitment to Christ but it's not necessary to be saved or receive the Holy Spirit because the scriptures are very very clear on this.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying it the scriptures said it. It's so clear. John The Baptist baptized with water. Jesus said he came to baptize with the Holy Spirit.
The Apostles were commissioned by Jesus in Matt 28 to baptize them with water after teaching them. Jesus would baptize with the Spirit after the Apostles explained what it is.

You decommission the great commission.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I've pointed out over and over again. The scriptures tell us many times that new believers were baptized with the Holy Spirit on repentance and faith without getting wet. It seems to me that Peter was not sure what to do since he had never experienced a believer receiving the Holy
Spirit without being water baptized. Water baptism happened AFTER a person was saved. If you think you need to get wet after repenting, confessing your sins, and receiving the Holy Spirit what exactly does the water baptism actually accomplish? Not salvation. John baptized with water but Jesus came to baptize with the Holy Spirit. I do think water baptism is a public display of our commitment to Christ but it's not necessary to be saved or receive the Holy Spirit because the scriptures are very very clear on this.
The Holy Ghost does not remit sins.

The Holy Ghost leads folks to remission of sins per baptism per Acts 2:38.

Now you know why the Spirit is given to unbaptized(unremitted) individuals.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Acts skippers favorite verse....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every None of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

LOL

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every None of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

LOL
We disagree. So be it. Do you think everyone led to Christ in a hospital facing death who could not get baptized went to hell? How about the soldier who was led to Christ before jumping behind enemy lines on D-Day or the Marine in the south pacific? The elderly in the nursing homes? The tens of thousands who could not make it to water before their death. The thief on the cross? Your answer will be telling?

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL
Do you dispute that Cornelius and his family received the Holy Spirit and were saved before they were water baptized?

Reactions: mailmandan

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost does not remit sins.

The Holy Ghost leads folks to remission of sins per baptism per Acts 2:38.

Now you know why the Spirit is given to unbaptized(unremitted) individuals.
Repentance and Faith lead to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and that my friend is when you are saved. If your view is that you can repent, have faith, and be baptized in the Holy Spirit and in some cases receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit and still not be saved then you are on a very small island. You simply believe in a works-based salvation. I'm still waiting on your answer to my question above.

Reactions: mailmandan

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We disagree. So be it. Do you think everyone led to Christ in a hospital facing death who could not get baptized went to hell? How about the soldier who was led to Christ before jumping behind enemy lines on D-Day or the Marine in the south pacific? The elderly in the nursing homes? The tens of thousands who could not make it to water before their death. The thief on the cross? Your answer will be telling?
All Acts skippers will be with all humans that were ever conceived to be judged here...

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This place of judgement will find some in heaven and some will be sent to hell.

The Acts skippers will be judged by the Law since they skipped Acts, just like the rest of humanity.

The aborted baby, thief on the cross, etc, will enter the New Jerusalem and the Acts skippers and etc., will not.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you dispute that Cornelius and his family received the Holy Spirit and were saved before they were water baptized?
They were given the Holy Ghost to lead them to remission of sins per water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

The Holy Ghost experience legitimized Peter's command to them to be baptized.

The Holy Ghost was never given to justify someone's current belief system.

It is given to drive them to the truth.

It is AKA "the Spirit of truth".

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance and Faith lead to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and that my friend is when you are saved. If your view is that you can repent, have faith, and be baptized in the Holy Spirit and in some cases receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit and still not be saved then you are on a very small island. You simply believe in a works-based salvation. I'm still waiting on your answer to my question above.
No, you are saved like Peter says in Acts 2:38...when you receive remission of sins via water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins.

We are not permitted to delete Peter's 1st command to sinners of Acts 2:38.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line. Truther believers in works-based salvation -- dipped or condemned, yet Jesus said "believes or condemned."

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line. Truther believers in works-based salvation -- dipped or condemned, yet Jesus said "believes or condemned."

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
No, Jesus said....

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Obviously, Jesus knew that Acts skippers would not believe and be baptized.

They would only say the "believe".

They would even redefine the verse to say this....

16 He that believeth and is saved needeth not be baptized;....

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus said....

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Obviously, Jesus knew that Acts skippers would not believe and be baptized.

They would only say the "believe".

They would even redefine the verse to say this....

16 He that believeth and is saved needeth not be baptized;....
This has already been explained to you numerous times. Jesus clarifies the first clause with "but he who does not believe will be condemned." So he who believes and is baptized is general cases without making a qualification for the unusual case of someone who believes but is not baptized. Did Jesus forget to mention water baptism in (3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26)? What is the one requirement that Jesus mentions multiple times in each of these passages of scripture? *BELIEVES. *What happened to baptism? *Hermeneutics.

Reactions: TEXBOW

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has already been explained to you numerous times. Jesus clarifies the first clause with "but he who does not believe will be condemned." So he who believes and is baptized is general cases without making a qualification for the unusual case of someone who believes but is not baptized. Did Jesus forget to mention water baptism in (3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26)? What is the one requirement that Jesus mentions multiple times in each of these passages of scripture? *BELIEVES. *What happened to baptism? *Hermeneutics.
He continues to correlate baptism of the Holy Spirit with water baptism. He refuses to understand that John did it one way but Christ came to do it a different way. I think it's good that all be water baptized but it is not necessary for salvation. He thinks that Cornelius was not saved until he was baptized which takes some real twisted theology to believe. He apparently also believes that every person not baptized in water, hospitals, nursing homes, soldiers, and the list is endless cannot and couldn't be saved and have salvation. I've heard of these that think as he does. A small group that wishes not to understand.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your problem is you think that Jesus taught "he that believeth and is not baptized shall be saved"....

Which is exactly opposite of what he actually said.

You also think that Jesus was pretty dumb, saying that unbelievers would also be baptized thus be condemned.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He continues to correlate baptism of the Holy Spirit with water baptism. He refuses to understand that John did it one way but Christ came to do it a different way. I think it's good that all be water baptized but it is not necessary for salvation. He thinks that Cornelius was not saved until he was baptized which takes some real twisted theology to believe. He apparently also believes that every person not baptized in water, hospitals, nursing homes, soldiers, and the list is endless cannot and couldn't be saved and have salvation. I've heard of these that think as he does. A small group that wishes not to understand.
No, Peter does....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He continues to correlate baptism of the Holy Spirit with water baptism.
No, Peter does....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Precious friends, TWO baptisms For us, Today, Under GRACE, OR:

ONLY ONE BAPTISM?