Following The Commandments in todays world.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan makes it hard to keep The Commandments that God has given us. The Devil is in control of our lives and our covets and our Sabbath, our calender, Our media, He is "the king of the air". He took over right after the crucifixion. In the intervening years after the apostles. The Commandments are but a forgotten remnant of the old Testament. The king of the air continues to rule, Untill the REAL KING RETURNS, "before no flesh is left to alive" Times of great Tribulation are near. I only hope I can suffer long enough and endure, to see him coming!!
Jesus taught us Satan rules the world. We aren't of the world, of course.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you reader,

Just desired to share one more time and you may share with me your thoughts, opinion, or feelings if you do desire.

From my own understanding Satan and his demons have been defeated, the Bible clearly states it being so though many believe he is still alive and well stealing souls from God.

Discrediting our own ability to choose darkness over light.

All one has to do is realize Angels had freewill choice, and God had freewill choice to create, and God created Adam and Eve with freewill choice.

And through it all God knew what he would do in the beginning to restore it all having set up a kingdom before the foundation of the world, which is now established at the Heavenly Kingdom.

The only following of the commandments that can be done is firstly involving having faith and to know what that faith is residing in.

Is it the work of Jesus or the work of oneself?

Then the following of Do you desire to have love for God now, since accepting the residing faith of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, and to have love for others or not.

Placing yourself last in all of the matter.

Thank you for reading,
Matthew Gallagher.

Jan 24, 2022
Redding California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're very proficient at slandering Protestants and Catholics. You'd be hard pressed to find two Catholics or two Protestants that even believe all the same things.
I would recommend that for your sake, you stop breaking the commandment in giving false testimony about your neighbors.
Catholic in my opinion related to the bible would be "The Mother of Harlots, The other "offshoots " The harlots themselves. Its all in Revelation. remember, the Devil has led the world astray. Ask yourself, how has he done it? What is the most important thing that he could have corrupted and decieved us with? Our idol worship religious practices on the wrong day of the week? I would recommend for your sake that you not judge me and my salvation. Worship on Saturday if you and me also want to keep the commandments.

Jan 24, 2022
Redding California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan makes it hard to keep The Commandments that God has given us. The Devil is in control of our lives and our covets and our Sabbath, our calender, Our media, He is "the king of the air". He took over right after the crucifixion. In the intervening years after the apostles. The Commandments are but a forgotten remnant of the old Testament. The king of the air continues to rule, Untill the REAL KING RETURNS, "before no flesh is left to alive" Times of great Tribulation are near. I only hope I can suffer long enough and endure, to see him coming!!
By the way... An avatar is a False idol, if its not your real self that you represent

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic in my opinion related to the bible would be "The Mother of Harlots, The other "offshoots " The harlots themselves. Its all in Revelation. remember, the Devil has led the world astray. Ask yourself, how has he done it? What is the most important thing that he could have corrupted and decieved us with? Our idol worship religious practices on the wrong day of the week? I would recommend for your sake that you not judge me and my salvation. Worship on Saturday if you and me also want to keep the commandments.
You might be right, I think that the reformers felt that way, but Free Masonry seems like a better fit.

The Masons went right along with the British army wherever the British army went. They always had a tent representing a temple and sought new initiates around the globe.

Their own beliefs focus on the symbolism of scripture rather than its literal meaning and they welcome any faith that has a belief in a god and creator as well as a resurrection. They have their own resurrection myth centering on an architect and builder of Solomon's temple under king Hiram, and to them worshippers of Ra and Osiris are as credible as Christians.

As a test for advancement they ask initiates to spit on a cross, but there's no "wrong" response. However Christian members think that there are only 3 levels of Free Masonry, while the Scottish rite has 33 levels, all steps upward toward the notion that men are gods.

Aleister Crowley was a 33rd degree Mason, a blood drinker and immoral man who wrote his own law, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole law."

Furthermore, Free Mason members have started their own religions, that they refer to as religious systems, all over the world. These are all cults that were invented to give wealth and power over others to the cult leaders, and many have ended in mass suicides. Another interesting biblical coincidence is that they share symbols and beliefs with the architectural guilds of Rome, their origins being among the architects and guild Masons of Europe.

Between the Masons and the Roman Church, one preaches Christ, the other denies His divinity and His word, but admittedly their evil works aren't proof of biblical fulfillment of prophecy.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that we follow the same commandments that God gave to the Israelites on Mt Horeb. I must have had it wrong. When did Gods laws change?

The Ten Commandments are the first/Old Covenant, but our old nature of sinfulness was in opposition to it, thus the struggle of Romans 7:14-23. We are under the New Covenant of the Spirit that has God's eternal laws of (Love God with all your strength, mind and heart, and LOVE your neighbor as yourself) written on our hearts - They are equal to the commandments of Jesus 1 John 3:23-24 and go much deeper than the surface commandments of the First Covenant.

Note, every covenant has a sign of the covenant. The sign of the covenant of the Ten Commandments is the Sabbath Day. The sign of the New Covenant is the Cup of the New Covenant, 1 Corinthians 11:25. When a covenant ends, the sign of that covenant ends also. We do not have a law for which day of the week to worship God. Our REST is Jesus, and He comes inside us to be with us 24/7/365, not once a week, making our old nature dead, and we are raised up as a new born again creation that is naturally righteous. 2 Corinthians 5:17. Sunday is not the new Sabbath. It represents Christ's resurrection and we worship out of love in celebration, not law.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post.
Matt 22:37-40,

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.​

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.​

Gal 5:14,

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 5:5,

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
From these verses (and there are plenty more), it is clear that loving God and loving our neighbor fulfills the OT laws, and that Christians have that love, and therefore they can love God and their neighbor. As Romans says, no Holy Ghost = no love. That is why the non-Christians can not possibly fulfill the law. Only Christians have the potential to truly love, i.e. to really put God and others ahead of themselves.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Following The Commandments in todays world.
It's tough when you can't figure out if they've been done away with, changed or replaced!