Following The Commandments in todays world.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 24, 2022
Redding California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan makes it hard to keep The Commandments that God has given us. The Devil is in control of our lives and our covets and our Sabbath, our calender, Our media, He is "the king of the air". He took over right after the crucifixion. In the intervening years after the apostles. The Commandments are but a forgotten remnant of the old Testament. The king of the air continues to rule, Untill the REAL KING RETURNS, "before no flesh is left to alive" Times of great Tribulation are near. I only hope I can suffer long enough and endure, to see him coming!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Michael,

You know my friend. To me the Devil has been defeated along with his demons. When it comes down to God and his commandments, of course they are important to keep. There are only two commandments that hang on all the law and the prophets, to Love God First, and to Love your neighbor as your self.

Temptations are part of our human spirit nature, that is found in the book of James. It comes up when with whatever someone desires that they end up missing the mark by reacting the flesh, be it hate, greed, lascivious, slander, having evil intent towards others.

Staying close and drawing near to God is very helpful in the development of a new born again Christian, who should be encouraged to keep reading the word, and learning about the Bible.

The Holy Spirit that given to us desires heavenly things and we naturally desire earthly things until becoming understanding of who God and the Son of God is.

Take care, and hope this helps.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan makes it hard to keep The Commandments that God has given us. The Devil is in control of our lives and our covets and our Sabbath, our calender, Our media, He is "the king of the air". He took over right after the crucifixion. In the intervening years after the apostles. The Commandments are but a forgotten remnant of the old Testament. The king of the air continues to rule, Untill the REAL KING RETURNS, "before no flesh is left to alive" Times of great Tribulation are near. I only hope I can suffer long enough and endure, to see him coming!!
You are under the wrong impression.

Jesus overcame the world. What you are seeing, is not Satan's continuing reign, but Christ coming to the gentiles [in the glory of the Father] which is in spirit. These are the times of the gentiles, and we are witnessing the manifestation of the demons and sins of the gentiles coming to light and being exposed. This is the justice of God. This is the Judgement, under the reign of Christ, who makes His abode within those who hear His voice and open the door.

Praise His name, and behold the hand of God!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael,

I would suggest reading, 1 John and Galatians a few times, and see what you think about the liberty and freedom founded in faith in Christ.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that we follow the same commandments that God gave to the Israelites on Mt Horeb. I must have had it wrong. When did Gods laws change?
You are not wrong. The 10 commandments are for all people to keep for all time. Catholics and Protestants are tremendously skilled at using slick, religious-sounding arguments to deceive people into thinking God's commandments don't apply to them because they have been completely inoculated with the teachings of counterfeit Christianity. You should especially be wary of Catholics and Protestants who love to misquote Jesus and Paul.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022
Redding California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, I thought I was all alone in this idea. God makes a covenant he keeps it for all time. Jesus was here "TO DO THE WORK OF MY FATHER".
That "work" didn't change, after Christ was crucified. Also it can be read in the New Testament where the apostles still observed the Sabbath.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that we follow the same commandments that God gave to the Israelites on Mt Horeb. I must have had it wrong. When did Gods laws change?

Hello Michael,

Here are some of my thoughts and insights on the matter, please feel free to ask or add any questions.

It was when Jesus completed and fulfilled the law. Becoming the righteousness of the person who is believing in his death, burial, and resurrection.

The Bible is a reference tool and a spiritual guide map for us to learn from, which causes growth in the spirit where as demands of adhereing to the law and must do this and must do that in order to be right with God tends to laugh (and cause death for others) in the face of Jesus and his work on the cross, including his burial and resurrection.

Jesus brought for the ministry of reconciliation and ministry of the spirit opposed to the ministry of death which no man could ever keep introduced by Moses. Jesus was the only person to ever hold the law perfectly and he is our righteousness into the kingdom of heaven.

In turn those who desire to seek out for God will grow spiritual by abiding in the vine of Christ.

Jan 24, 2022
Redding California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God covenants that he made with the Israelites on Mt. Horeb and again in the land of Mohab, Deuteronomy, (Chapter 29). Please pay close attention from Verses, Wait, Please read the whole chapter, but from verse 5 he starts to include every one who is present, V10,11, 12, 13 (especially ) Verse 14 (12 tribes) Verse 15 him that standith here and also with him who is not here. Thats everyone who has been born since. 16/17 the reasoning for an additional covenant. Gods covenants DO NOT Change. we all have the same blessings as the Jewish race. What were the promises God Gave to Abe Issac and Jacob (whose name was changed by God himself to Israel. If you study the covenants of the old testament you might see a new perspective on todays world events. Jacobs descendants are as the sands of the earth. There are not that many Jewish people. God said in Genisis 49 Verse 10 The scepter shall not depart from Judah. The Scepter is the Bloodline of David and also, later of Jesus. This bloodline was and is pure. Genesis 48 chapter 8 Josephs sons were born of an Egyptian Mother, Never the less Jacob, (Israel) Blessed them, Close attention should be paid to verse 8-22 Multitude of nations....God said it, why do you read and not see? Not all of Jacobs descendants were Jews.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

Not sure if you were talking to me Michael and you’ll just have to go and seek for yourself if you would like too, I just like to know the truth of the matter.

This is all I know is that the chapter you shared about the Law, was always pertaining to the material blessing and material cursing that would fall upon that nation itself with the covenant agreement with God, which Moses brought for the the Ten Commandments but of course there was also the cursing for not obeying those laws.

All of the law itself was fulfilled by Jesus.

I won’t say you can’t grow in learning about those laws, but they will never save you as far as salvation which is only founded in Jesus.

There is the New covenant founded in Hebrews Chapter 8 which is now established, though the Law is still good, and holy and can be used as long as is used done rightly, it never saved anyone.

The book of Galatians goes deep into this subject.

Gods love sending Jesus and Jesus love for all, in having obeyed the commandments of the covenant of God with the nation of Israel allowed for the new one to come in.

The New Covenant deals with allowing God to work on the mind and heart of the individual, to love God with all your heart, mind and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself having faith in the one God had sent, everything is predicated on walking by the spirit.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I'd like to say that it's refreshing to see a new face on the forums and another soul building a testimony under his real name. Judging by your age, if you're a California native, you'd have had opportunity to see my favorite band "live back in the day."

Now, regarding scripture, most people here would regard the Bible as the word of God. I certainly do. Having said that, it's a difficult collection of writings to understand with the mind we're born with. The scripture calls our natural state "carnal" and theologians call it unregenerate. Jesus just called it evil, contrasting everyone with God, who alone is good.

Now, the Bible is treated by some as a rule book in that we find God's commandments in it. But, in fact, the scriptures are the revelation of God in the person of His Son, starting in Genesis and all the way through to the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

For a clearer understanding of scripture, it's better to read them out of order, starting with the gospels.

Jesus taught that it was impossible for "a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." If you read His words carefully, you can see that He taught that it was impossible for a man to fully "keep the law," not that we couldn't struggle to obediently keep the commandments, but breaking any commandment put the Israelites under a curse (individually) and who could live a perfect life pleasing to God?

The answer to that question is "God" and in the person of His Son. In chapter 53 of the book of Isaiah, we find Jesus prophetically described as "the suffering servant" and without going into theological depth, it explains the "why" and "how" of Jesus' worldly ministry . Keep in mind that Isaiah wrote his scroll many hundreds of years before the Lord's birth.

The law still exists, but no one is perfected by it. To the contrary, Jesus fulfilled the law in His lifetime and initiated a new covenant which replaces the old covenant of law. The prophets Jeremiah and Ezekiel wrote about this new and better covenant also hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus.

When you've read through the gospels, I would suggest reading the book of Hebrews, which looks back at the law and explains the ministry of Jesus in terms of the priesthood and sacrifice. Then when you read the law some things will make more sense.

I also recommend that as you go to Genesis and read forward through the law and the prophets, that you look for Jesus described in those writings indirectly. Jesus told the Pharisees :
You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. John 5:39
This tells us two important things about the Old Testament books, first that they do in fact reveal the person of Jesus Christ long before His birth, and second that their purpose is indeed to reveal God in the person of His Son.

If your will is to do God's will, Jesus promised that you'll recognize His doctrine is true. When you have some understanding of Jesus' fulfilling of the law, if you've submitted to Him as the Son of God and believed Him for eternal life, the Epistles will be easier to understand as they expand upon the doctrines of grace that Jesus was teaching the Jews. The Epistles are for the redeemed and believers who are taught by God, so those who don't know Him have difficulty understanding them.

Most people study books of commentary to try to understand scripture, but the only One who understands scripture perfectly is the Spirit that inspired the many scribes who wrote the many books of the Bible.

It's a blessed thing to be taught by God. I only look at commentary to verify what God is teaching me, but sometimes receive insights from spiritual men who have studied longer than I have. When you receive His Spirit, He can confirm the truth in a teaching or reveal error, but only if you read and fill your mind with His word. For most people (without eidetic memory) this requires many readings through the biblical text, but God enjoys our fellowship with Him in His word and teaches us what we need to know over the course of time. Spending time in His presence changes us as nothing else can.

May the Lord bless your studies in His word with understanding and grant you wisdom to apply it to life. Amen.

The world suffers much the same as Christians in ignorance, but with knowledge and obedience to Him, comes blessing, honor, and salvation.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not wrong. The 10 commandments are for all people to keep for all time. Catholics and Protestans are tremendously skilled at using slick, religious-sounding arguments to deceive people into thinking God's commandments don't apply to them because they have been completely inoculated with the teachings of counterfeit Christianity. You should especially be wary of Catholics and Protestants who love to misquote Jesus and Paul.
You're very proficient at slandering Protestants and Catholics. You'd be hard pressed to find two Catholics or two Protestants that even believe all the same things.
I would recommend that for your sake, you stop breaking the commandment in giving false testimony about your neighbors.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're very proficient at slandering Protestants and Catholics. You'd be hard pressed to find two Catholics or two Protestants that even believe all the same things.
I would recommend that for your sake, you stop breaking the commandment in giving false testimony about your neighbors.
Catholics and Protestants regularly construe Paul's words where he teaches against the Orthodox Jews' traditions as him teaching against the idea that God's laws should be kept. So no, it's not slander. That's the truth. It is the Bible that ultimately condemn those groups' religions as false, because many of their beliefs and traditions clearly contradict everything Jesus and Paul taught.

Your attempts at gaslighting me will not work, because Catholics and Protestants regularly refer to God's laws as "Jewish" in a blatant attempt to discard them as man-made rules. All of the lying and slander comes from Protestants and Catholics when they accuse law-keepers as cult members trying to earn their salvation. People who do not value God's laws are in no place to tell someone else to stop lying or slandering their neighbors.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics and Protestants regularly construe Paul's words where he teaches against the Orthodox Jews' traditions as him teaching against the idea that God's laws should be kept. So no, it's not slander. That's the truth. It is the Bible that ultimately condemn those groups' religions as false, because many of their beliefs and traditions clearly contradict everything Jesus and Paul taught.

Your attempts at gaslighting me will not work, because Catholics and Protestants regularly refer to God's laws as "Jewish" in a blatant attempt to discard them as man-made rules. All of the lying and slander comes from Protestants and Catholics when they accuse law-keepers as cult members trying to earn their salvation. People who do not value God's laws are in no place to tell someone else to stop lying or slandering their neighbors.
This is what is referred to by the worldly courts as prejudice and bias, God just calls it sin and rebellion. Good luck with that. If you are unwilling to submit to the brethren, God Himself will deal with you. Be forewarned, He's out in His woodshed right now picking out a switch. God is not mocked and you won't escape His discipline when you profess to know Him and walk with an unrepentant heart.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what is referred to by the worldly courts as prejudice and bias, God just calls it sin and rebellion. Good luck with that. If you are unwilling to submit to the brethren, God Himself will deal with you. Be forewarned, He's out in His woodshed right now picking out a switch. God is not mocked and you won't escape His discipline when you profess to know Him and walk with an unrepentant heart.
I am not afraid of your false god or false brethren, so your threats mean nothing to me.