For Christians still hung up on Evolution...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this, to me, is the most heinous part; judging someone who holds a different opinion as “evil,” see;
It's a form of the genetic fallacy, isn't it? I mean there's got to be an evolutionist out there who can make some fantastic chili, right? :p

Reactions: ScottA

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't believe that God created everything to create itself. I don't find a problem with the Genesis 1-3 account as being a viable, literal narrative of the origin of species and the entrance of sin into the world. I really think Yah can swing it, for the fences, even. But I don't care to insult folks who believe otherwise, however unfortunate I might feel that belief might be, and the ramifications I believe will result.

People have just got to be free to choose. I don't think this can be overstated.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sheesh!

If one doesn't even believe God's word on the subject--what's the point?

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sheesh!

If one doesn't even believe God's word on the subject--what's the point?
Fair enough, for sure, but I'm sure you agree also that one convinced against his will is of the same opinion still, right? :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough, for sure, but I'm sure you agree also that one convinced against his will is of the same opinion still, right? :)
Yes of course, but I can imagine Doubting Thomas in the Judgment testifying, "I had three years with Him and just wanted to see...but you had every word from God in one hand and all the world in the other--and you chose the world?"

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A delusion to you is real to us. Either way, it is not a salvation issue and one is free to believe in evolution or not. I choose to believe in evolution and that it reconciles with the creation of the world and its inhabitants in Genesis.

Oh, it certainly is not a matter of salvation, brother--thank you for pointing that out! For me, I just view it as walking on a slippery slope. I think that is partly due to the way I was led into atheism by my brother; I judged the Bible through the lens of the world. It should be the Bible that is used to measure the world and if something doesn't add up then we are in the wrong in our understanding of it.

I certainly can agree that certain scientific studies have shown that evolution may have brought about the vast different kinds of life on earth. But that is what science may show. God's word explains the way in which he created the universe. It may sound like a fairy tale to us, but that he what he has revealed. We should give no place to the devil, to whom God has given much power on this earth. The evolution theory really does make the Creation story seem not real. It is definitely a goal of the devil to prove God's words to be false, as he did at the very beginning in Eden.

Much of the things that are attractive in this world hold no sway for me. I wish to be in no league with anything that people using worldly means establish to try to disprove God's word. And I think there can be no argument that the theory of evolution has persuaded many people, perhaps those who have once believed, that maybe God's word is not as true as we once thought it was. Would you not agree that that is a fact?

Evolution can one day be proved a fact by the means of science, but I will not regard it as the truth. I will regard it only as what science has shown us about the world. The only thing I hold to be true is God's word and his word alone. If something contradicts with God's word then I will not believe it is true, no matter how much evidence there is for it. I am actually quite convinced that God will allow himself to be proved by science to not be real because he will be sending strong delusions to those who do not love the truth (his word).

When that happens, I will stand by God's word and declare that it alone is the absolute truth, no matter that science has proven as an exceptionally established fact that the God as he is revealed in the Bible is not real.

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe in evolution but not that we descended from monkeys. I believe that God created all things just as the bible tells us and then that creation evolved to be what it is today.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I think there can be no argument that the theory of evolution has persuaded many people, perhaps those who have once believed, that maybe God's word is not as true as we once thought it was. Would you not agree that that is a fact?

No, I cannot agree that that is a fact. I will give you some, but no, not many. Too many other factors are at play in anyone's life to say for certain what caused them to no longer believe.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could fill the page with humans who have fur, or birds who evolved a different beak, or supergenes, or wisdom teeth not erupting, or coywolves
You do know that none of those are examples of 'evolution', don't you?

Not the 'evolution' that science claims took place over millions of years; not evolution from species (kinds) to species (kinds).

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in evolution but not that we descended from monkeys. I believe that God created all things just as the bible tells us and then that creation evolved to be what it is today.
Those are actually the same thing, though.

The monkeys are just considered to be the last step before we became human in the theory of evolution.

I promise if you watch the video you will have brand new solid insight into this. All backed up with science and verifiable.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I think there can be no argument that the theory of evolution has persuaded many people, perhaps those who have once believed, that maybe God's word is not as true as we once thought it was. Would you not agree that that is a fact?
Yes, that is absolutely a FACT.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those are actually the same thing, though.

The monkeys are just considered to be the last step before we became human in the theory of evolution.

I promise if you watch the video you will have brand new solid insight into this. All backed up with science and verifiable.
I don't think it's the same thing at all. God created humans. You will never convince me that humans came from monkeys.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it's the same thing at all. God created humans. You will never convince me that humans came from monkeys.
That's not what I said and you're well aware that's not what I said and you blatantly ignored what I said about the video.

Nobody's buying your BS, Pearl.

That's just Bad Science on your part.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not what I said and you're well aware that's not what I said and you blatantly ignored what I said about the video.

Nobody's buying your BS, Pearl.

That's just Bad Science on your part.
You are horrible. You are going on ignore as you can't be decent.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At long last.

They've been proving it wrong left and right for decades.

Thought they would never dismiss it as a valid scientific possibility.

That day has finally come.

1193916118-humor-scientific-joke-i-dont-believe-in-evolution-funny.jpg

And over half those skulls are still found in modern men today!

The rest are found in different apes and pongids.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I cannot agree that that is a fact. I will give you some, but no, not many. Too many other factors are at play in anyone's life to say for certain what caused them to no longer believe.

Well, I did indicate that perhaps some of these people were believers. My statement which is l claim to be a fact and I don't think there can be much disputing it--at least not successfully --is that with the advent of Darwin's evolution theory this brought about a huge question mark, to people in general believers and nonbelievers but definitely moreso nonbelievers, on the story of whether God's description of how humans were created in Genesis to be possibly just a story, not something that actually happened.

If you read into the history of when the evolution theory first was put out there in the 1800s, you'll find out that this is an accurate description of the cultural reaction to what was a very controversial subject, specifically due to it's seeming to call God's account "fiction".

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The theory of evolution is nothing but a fraudulent attempt by the atheists to pull people away from God.

It is not based on any science and is more if a philosophical theory than a scientific one.

Science is being used to deceive people. Be careful what you believe.

Reactions: dhh712

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The theory of evolution is nothing but a fraudulent attempt by the atheists to pull people away from God.

It is not based on any science and is more if a philosophical theory than a scientific one.

Science is being used to deceive people. Be careful what you believe.
Science is a total fraud today, in every single field, and has been for centuries now.

It didn't begin that way, it began with True Christians who put Truth and honor for all mankind first and foremost as its foundation.

There is a discipline that is science, but the popular sciences of today are all corrupt.

Evolution is presented with "proof" and explanations from that corrupt science and those who advocate for it.