For Christians still hung up on Evolution...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you've forgotten about your post #81 because you're contradicting a lot of what you said in that post.

If you're pro-science, you are anti-Bible. If you are anti-Bible, you are pro-science. You can't have it both ways. And it's not that science, in itself, is all wrong. It's that what passes for modern science today is almost completely corrupt and loaded with lies and falsehood. Just like the enemy.

You say you know the Bible so well, but you don't like the older versions like the KJV. That's another contradiction. You CAN'T know the Bible well if you prefer NIV's and other modern counterfeits of the Truth. Just because a new Christian can read it easier, doesn't even come close to meaning that what's in it is Truth.

This thread is about Evolution. Evolution is a hoax. Like it or not.

If you believe otherwise, you know NOTHING of the Bible.

Give me a minute I will be right back.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They're is a6 word phrase in the NT that directly contradicts the possibility of man evolving from another species... Darwin's "survival of the fittest" theory. I won't explain, but anyone with a modicum of theological understanding should be able to work it out.
The wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good point.

Couldn't agree more.

Yes, 'science' was once a legitimate word and a legitimate discipline, but it's been hijacked and corrupted.

Much like 'Christian.'

True

It's sad that some Christians are falling for it.
I did believe it when I was an atheist. I assumed every scientific field was as tight as engineering. Then I debunked the theory and started my journey back to God which I'm so grateful for

Reactions: GEN2REV

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I understand the Bible only thing.

A cell can only replicate itself, it cannot spawn different cells. This is wrong...absolutely wrong....a virus can change a cell and changing DNA is the driving force.
And then we get into the debate of evolution and it link to mutations....which I do not believe in.

Ever since researchers sequenced the chimp genome in 2005, they have known that humans share about 99% of our DNA with chimpanzees, making them our closest living relatives.

There is some truth to this but it in no way discount the fact that evolution happened....the details they, are still investigating....Belief, Truth, Fact....It is a definite fact that George Washington blinked his eyes...we may not be able to prove how many times George Washington blinked his eyes during the day....but we can prove he did....not a theory. In other words there are different levels of confidence in theory and again some not theories as a whole but still investigating the details.

LoL your so deceived that all of your points are false and/or mean nothing

A cell can only spawn itself and that is a fact my friend.

Having similar DNA to chimps means nothing. We all have similar DNA. A watermelon has 95% DNA to us for example.

You don't understand science and how it's meant to be conducted. A theory must be observable and testable. ToE is neither

But hey, suit yourself. Believe these God hating athiests if you want. I debunked them a long time ago

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL your so deceived that all of your points are false.

A cell can only spawn itself and that is a fact my friend.

Having similar DNA to chimps means nothing. We all have similar DNA. A watermelon has 95% DNA to us for example.

But hey, suit yourself. Believe these God hating athiests if you want. I debunked them a long time ago

LOL

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternity doesn't mean without time. It just means without end. I'm eternity we will honor the Sabbath and the new moon. Can't do that without time.
Indeed we will honor Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath rest, and the harvest to His credit continually.

As for time, time has an end.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed we will honor Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath rest, and the harvest to His credit continually.

As for time, time has an end.
I think that gnostic.
The scriptures speak of a literal observing of the Sabbath in the new earth. And a literal recognition of the new moon... One requires weeks, the other requires months.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think that gnostic.
The scriptures speak of a literal observing of the Sabbath in the new earth. And a literal recognition of the new moon... One requires weeks, the other requires months.
KJV Isaiah 66:22-23
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What science?

laboratory science?
Or
Theoretical science?

I was watching a show on story tv about the universe, it’s was entirely “faith based” what so called scientists believe about the universe or what they “now” believe about the universe which makes what they used to believe a totally erroneous!

nothing fails like science!

and there is no such thing as Christian evolution!

it is atheistic to the core!
While I do not doubt the sincere faith of my brothers and sisters in Jesus who believe that evolution is true, my understanding is that adopting this view over God's account of the creation story in Genesis is giving place to the devil for it reflects doubt on the truthfulness of God's attestation to how he created human beings.

I often hear the defense of those who hold to evolution to be something along these lines, "God gave us a reasoning mind to reflect on the things portrayed in his word". Yes that is correct. However, when our reasoning minds come to a conclusion that contradicts what God has declared to be true in his word, then that is when we should understand our reasoning minds to not be understanding things correctly.

The practice of applying what is confirmed from the world's scientific discoveries to work out into a sensible understanding of what God is actually saying in his word (what I hear Christian evolutionists do to make evolution agree with God's account in Genesis) is using the world as a lens by which we view God's word. The devil holds much power in this world, the power which God has given him, and to do this is to utilize those tricks and deceptions which Satan has put out in the world to compromise the truth of God's word.

Like I said, I feel it is treading on slippery ground. I could not do it. I would think, What else is God not being completely truthful about in his word, what else is he creating these "stories" about like as allegories--maybe his death on the cross was just a symbol and we're not to understand that as really meaning something definite. I just couldn't do it. But the Lord preserves the faith of his own by the means of his choice.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's quite a bit of bias in science too. So, unless you're intent on doing your own experiments, taking a scientific claim at it's word is very similar to taking God at his word--in both instances you are putting your trust in the author of those words and the majority of the people taking the scientist's words for truth do not have much knowledge in their area of study.

except God cannot be wrong!

science, and university’s, and western civilization were created by the one true church!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered being Amish?

amish just another fundamentalist sect

the church invented science but evolution is not science but atheism

Man CANNOT have evolved, one species CANNOT evolve into another!

man is CREATED in the image and likeness of GOD!

he has unlike the animals an intellect and a will!

don’t say but the “fossil record”!

the fossil record is not laid down over time, eons and eons but in cataclysmic events like volcano eruptions and floods!

God does not do things without a purpose and eons and eons of meaningless purposeless years of evolution ain’t from God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I do not doubt the sincere faith of my brothers and sisters in Jesus who believe that evolution is true, my understanding is that adopting this view over God's account of the creation story in Genesis is giving place to the devil for it reflects doubt on the truthfulness of God's attestation to how he created human beings.

I often hear the defense of those who hold to evolution to be something along these lines, "God gave us a reasoning mind to reflect on the things portrayed in his word". Yes that is correct. However, when our reasoning minds come to a conclusion that contradicts what God has declared to be true in his word, then that is when we should understand our reasoning minds to not be understanding things correctly.

The practice of applying what is confirmed from the world's scientific discoveries to work out into a sensible understanding of what God is actually saying in his word (what I hear Christian evolutionists do to make evolution agree with God's account in Genesis) is using the world as a lens by which we view God's word. The devil holds much power in this world, the power which God has given him, and to do this is to utilize those tricks and deceptions which Satan has put out in the world to compromise the truth of God's word.

Like I said, I feel it is treading on slippery ground. I could not do it. I would think, What else is God not being completely truthful about in his word, what else is he creating these "stories" about like as allegories--maybe his death on the cross was just a symbol and we're not to understand that as really meaning something definite. I just couldn't do it. But the Lord preserves the faith of his own by the means of his choice.

reason is part of fallen human nature!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You guys are a cute couple. You two retired?

I am assuming you have not read through the post....."

I am not saying that evolution was not God driven. And God could not have explained the details of creation to those primitives people.

Either way I do not care what people believe....I think it is funny that some Christians think the world is flat.

Most of the People I worship with are Bible only and I am fine with that.

What does it hurt? Is God going to make fun of you? He can't it is in the Bible. Old people juggle this stuff pretty well. Living in a world full of technology and believing these alternate realities. Who cares....just something to have fun with. What I am concerned with is the youth.....this is running the youth out of Christianity and the youth is our future.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amish just another fundamentalist sect

Guess you do not know the Amish?

the church invented science but evolution is not science but atheism

Actually this is a fact.....a humorous fact....shortly after looking into science they ran for hills yelling Turn it off! Turn it off!
Look at the story of Galeao and Sir Isaac Newton. Then the Renaissance period occurred and the scientists were persecuted by the church.

As far as the rest of you stuff.....I am well versed with dealing with the Bible only people. If you tell them the Truth you can expect harassment. What the Apostle Paul was teaching was different than the Bible before Him....He took his stripes....I expect to take mine.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess you do not know the Amish?

Actually this is a fact.....a humorous fact....shortly after looking into science they ran for hills yelling Turn it off! Turn it off!
Look at the story of Galeao and Sir Isaac Newton. Then the Renaissance period occurred and the scientists were persecuted by the church.

As far as the rest of you stuff.....I am well versed with dealing with the Bible only people. If you tell them the Truth you can expect harassment. What the Apostle Paul was teaching was different than the Bible before Him....He took his stripes....I expect to take mine.

we don’t believe the Bible alone!

but Divine revelation in tradition and scripture

the church invented science
Most scientists of the 17th thru to the 20th century were catholic and a large part were catholic priests, check out who coined the term “Big Bang” a catholic priest, and the oldest daily weather stations are found at catholic
monasteries

it was an apostate modernist evolutionist priest who faked both the piltdown man and Peking man
(I don’t care if I misspell stuff)
You get the point