For free will believers out there

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the fullness of the Godhead bodily means every bit of what God consists of is in Jesus body.

This was impossible on earth as human body sized.

It was only possible after he was resurrected and made a human quickening spirit, bodily.

If this were true the resurrected Jesus would not be talking about his God in John 20:17 and Revelations 3.

There is only one God and it is Jesus' God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this were true the resurrected Jesus would not be talking about his God in John 20:17 and Revelations 3.

There is only one God and it is Jesus' God.
It is precisely why Jesus speaks of his God that fully indwells him bodily.

Jesus was allowed to retain his individualism after he was made a quickening spirit and fully indwelled bodily by his God.

God, "God's us" through the body of Jesus(the individual man), now.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
So you have Jesus, a creature whom you worship.

At least you believe that Jesus is the King of Israel. Though I guess you think of that kingdom as a kingdom that is of this world.

Do you know as well that The LORD is the King of Israel and is the first and the last?
I have a mediator with every bit of what God consists of inside his human spirit body.

I worship God THROUGH Jesus.

They are inseparable and permanently unified.

<<<I worship God THROUGH Jesus.>>>

So you don’t worship Jesus?

Tong
R2502

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
<<<He preexisted from the foundation of the world in God's mind, which is reality.>>>

However, while that may be real to God, that was not the case for Jeremiah. He knows nothing of that and did not experience that as well.

But then in the case of Jesus Christ, He had actual and real preexistence and have actual and real experience.
Rather, God knew Jeremiah but Jeremiah could not remember.
:D That’s funny.

Tong
R2503

Reactions: Truther

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
So, you believe that these ancient Greek texts, spoke of unicorns, which at the time of the KJV translation refers to a mythical animal?

And did you know that much of the KJV, which was first published in 1611, borrows heavily from earlier English translations, especially Tyndale’s New Testament and the Bishop’s Bible? Also, that the KJV translators of the New Testament, who were accomplished scholars of Classical Greek, were relatively unfamiliar with Koine Greek? It was not until the 1800s and early 1900s, when tens of thousands of papyrus documents were discovered, many written in Koine, that we began to understand the language more fully.

And did you know that the KJV includes verses that more recent translations do not?

So, in using the KJV or any other translations for this matter, one ought to make due diligence, checking out other translations and checking out the Greek Texts.
Are you reading anti-KJVO websites full of fake news?
Those aren’t fake news.

Is a unicorn being a mythical animal found in the KJV fake news?

Is it fake news that the KJV includes verses that more recent translations do not?

You can verify all those, if you are interested in the truth.

Tong
R2504

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
So the omnipotent God is not omnipotent by that? That seems strange and problematic.
The omnipotence of God was given to the man Christ Jesus after he was raised from the dead per Matt 28.

Think about it. That was the results of the col 2:9 effect on his body.
So you take it that the omnipotent God is not able to fit in a small body of Jesus. Seems to me a very simple thing for the almighty and omnipotent God to do.

So you are saying that the human creature Jesus was given omnipotence and so now is an omnipotent creature. So you take Jesus to now be an almighty creature, is that right? As such God had ceased to be the only Almighty being. Is that right?

Tong
R2505

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Haven’t you just claimed that we are too small for God to indwell us? As I said, such position is problematic.
We do not get all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. That is reserved for Jesus.
Speaking of the fullness of God, what was Paul saying in the following scriptures?

Ephesians 3:19
to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Tong
R2506

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, haven't read all the replies, I'm sure someone have answered it.. for me one verse, Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living."
this is why he went and preached to those (spirits) who was in prison. for God is not .... not anymore the God of the LIVING only, but of the dead also.. (this is WHY I know God as his own diversity/another tasted death for all men).. and knowing that, it answered you question, "For those who believe that unsaved man has free will to freely choose God or not", one scripture, Joel 2:32 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call."

that one word, "whosoeve" shows us that it is not set, but it incompass every "whosoeve".

well what do you mean 101G? scripture, 1 Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."
and all men are the "
whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered", or SAVED.. so God has set it for all to be saved, but it is "whosoever call upon his name, which means,
Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"
Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"
Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Now if you're dead.... Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living." and remember our Lord Jesus is a PREACHER, so DEAD or ALIVE, no man "WHOSOEVER" have any excuse.

101G, Ss
In Joel 2:32, the clause "and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call" dictates the "whosoever" in the clause "that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered", so that "whosoever" is predestined by the LORD. The LORD calls first. The "whosoever" is in the LORD's established "remnant".

Now, it's time to look for free-will. Oh, I found it "that whosoever shall choose to call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered" in 101G's book of II Opinions 2:32. Oh look, free-will is not in Joel 2:32. Well, that is 101G adding to scripture, along with 101G's cohorts.

And thirdly the word "whosoever" is the Hebrew word אֲשֶׁר־ which means who, which, that
(Strong's Hebrew: 834. אֲשֶׁר (asher) -- who, which, that), so this is not some promiscuous haphazard unknown group of people as it's connotation commonly implies, rather it is a specific set of people established by the LORD.

The word "that" is really the word "all" in Hebrew, so the clause should read "all that shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered" or "all who shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered" (here is the interlinear), so the word "whosoever" is the wrong word for the English translation with it's connotation.

The "whosoever" in Joel 2:32 is the group of people predestined by the Lord for deliverance, so says the Holy Spirit.

This post is to 101G's cohorts, @Heart2Soul and @Michiah-Imla, too, since they liked 101G's post.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Joel 2:32, the clause "and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call" dictates the "whosoever" in the clause "that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered", so that "whosoever" is predestined by the LORD. The LORD calls first. The "whosoever" is in the LORD's established "remnant".

Now, it's time to look for free-will. Oh, I found it "that whosoever shall choose to call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered" in 101G's book of II Opinions 2:32. Oh look, free-will is not in Joel 2:32. Well, that is 101G adding to scripture, along with 101G's cohorts.

And thirdly the word "whosoever" is the Hebrew word אֲשֶׁר־ which means who, which, that
(Strong's Hebrew: 834. אֲשֶׁר (asher) -- who, which, that), so this is not some promiscuous haphazard unknown group of people as it's connotation commonly implies, rather it is a specific set of people established by the LORD.

The word "that" is really the word "all" in Hebrew, so the clause should read "all that shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered" or "all who shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered" (here is the interlinear), so the word "whosoever" is the wrong word for the English translation with it's connotation.

The "whosoever" in Joel 2:32 is the group of people predestined by the Lord for deliverance, so says the Holy Spirit.

This post is to 101G's cohorts, @Heart2Soul and @Michiah-Imla, too, since they liked 101G's post.
If you want to address me personally do it in a PM...I like a lot of posts members make whether I am in agreement with it or not. Sometimes I like their presentation of the topic but debate it with my response.
You assume too much...be less assumptive and more discerning.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R2502
I worship God by default as I worship Jesus.

Can't bypass one for the other. They are unified as one.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those aren’t fake news.

Is it fake news that the KJV includes verses that more recent translations do not?

Tong
R2504
A Biblical unicorn was some kinda animal.

Look it up in AV 1611 per the ancient English dictionary....

unicorn
U'NICORN, n. L. unicornis; unus, one, and cornu, horn.

1. an animal with one horn; the monoceros. this name is often applied to the rhinoceros.

Gay used to mean something else back in those days too.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you take it that the omnipotent God is not able to fit in a small body of Jesus. Seems to me a very simple thing for the almighty and omnipotent God to do.

So you are saying that the human creature Jesus was given omnipotence and so now is an omnipotent creature. So you take Jesus to now be an almighty creature, is that right? As such God had ceased to be the only Almighty being. Is that right?

Tong
R2505
The omnipotent God had to make Jesus' human spirit body, omnipresent to fit it it, lest Col 2:9 is fake news.

No, I am saying the after Jesus resurrected from the DEAD, he was given omnipotence from someone else.

This is why he said it was given to him, not that he reacquired it after losing it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of the fullness of God, what was Paul saying in the following scriptures?

Ephesians 3:19
to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Tong
R2506
As long as he did not say we will have all the fullness of the Godhead in us, bodily, we are just fine.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

I worship God by default as I worship Jesus.

Can't bypass one for the other. They are unified as one.
In other words you worship Jesus the creature (man) and you worship God the creator. That’s clear now.

Tong
R2522

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words you worship Jesus the creature (man) and you worship God the creator. That’s clear now.

Tong
R2522
Absolutely.

If you were omnipresent and all of the fullness of every bit of what God consists of dwelled in you bodily, I would worship you as God by default too.

That is the very definition of the express image of the invisible God.(God reflecting Himself through Jesus' body).

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Those aren’t fake news.

A Biblical unicorn was some kinda animal.

Look it up in AV 1611 per the ancient English dictionary....

unicorn
U'NICORN, n. L. unicornis; unus, one, and cornu, horn.

1. an animal with one horn; the monoceros. this name is often applied to the rhinoceros.

Gay used to mean something else back in those days too.
That’s the point. The translators should have better used monoceros instead of unicorn. For during their time, the unicorn is understood to be a mythical animal.

Tong
R2523

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

The omnipotent God had to make Jesus' human spirit body, omnipresent to fit it it, lest Col 2:9 is fake news.

No, I am saying the after Jesus resurrected from the DEAD, he was given omnipotence from someone else.

This is why he said it was given to him, not that he reacquired it after losing it.
Col. 2:9 isn’t fake news nor the truth it says depend on your idea that God would not fit the small body of Jesus.

<<<No, I am saying the after Jesus resurrected from the DEAD, he was given omnipotence from someone else.>>>

That does not take away the point that your doctrine makes of two almighty beings. That God had ceased to be the only almighty being. That there is now a human creature who is almighty. That there are now two omnipotent beings. Well,....

Tong
R2524