Gabriel’s message to Daniel is extremely relevant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great! We're there!

MANY versions present Daniel's "seven" and "sixty-two" as though it were one number (i.e., "sixty-nine"). Newton said it does "VIOLENCE" to Scripture, as there is no Scriptural or Societal precedent for summing numbers in that fashion. I.e., a pair of shoes does not cost "seven and sixty-two dollars (plus tax), -- they cost SIXTY-NINE dollars.

But the RSV correctly presents what Scripture demands:

Dan. 9:25 Know therefore and understand that from the going forth of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. 26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off, and shall have nothing

... and so we find TWO separate durations, with TWO separate "anointed ones". -- AGREED?

And please recall that these prophecies are not ancient. They're preserved (Dan. 12:4 & 9) for the era approximate to 1948.
Bobby Jo

I don't think that a long period of time depicted metaphorically as "weeks" has to be described as a single line, and not broken up into segments. I can easily conceive of going through a history book of the world, and then breaking the book up into chapters or into time eras.

So that isn't really the stumbling block for me, even though like you it did give me pause. I do believe we are being given 3 segments of this line, the 7, the 62, and the last 7 (which is think is fulfilled as 3.5). And why are they divided up like this?

1st, they are given as a single period, 70 Weeks, because they have an end goal. All events within this period are directed towards accomplishing the 6 things listed. Secondly, the period as a single unit represents 70 periods of "sevens," which calls us back to the concept of "rest" or Sabbath. These things are to extend beyond the Persian restoration a long period of continuing trouble for Israel until Messiah comes, and a yet greater period of trouble ensues--the fall of the temple and of Jerusalem.

They are divided up into 3 periods because the 1st period has to do with the era of restoration under Persia, following the Babylonian Captivity. The decree of Cyrus was renewed by following Persian kings, beginning with the restoration of the temple. There followed, eventually, the call of Artaxerxes to restore proper worship in Jerusalem, and later, a restoration of the city, beginning with the walls. This took place under Nehemiah and following for a period of 49 years.

The 2nd period had to do with a long 400 year period in which Israel faced various troubles, mentioned in other places in Daniel's book. Antiochus 4 arose and caused Israel trouble, and eventually Rome came to rule over Israel. The 6 things the prophecy directs us to are fulfilled at the Coming of Messiah, who brings Israel's sin to its maturity in his death and rejection. Ultimately, the temple is destroyed in the generation of his apostles.

The 3rd period has to do with the final Week, in which the Messiah is cut off in the midst of the Week. Thus, the 70th Week is fulfilled in only 3.5 years. This does not deal with endtimes prophecy, but was historically fulfilled. And the Church Fathers seemed to favor this view. Indeed, I don't know how they could fail to see it as such, as they witnessed the collapse of Judaism in their time?

And this was the major focus of the prophecy--the destruction of Jewish worship. It changed God's Law from the Law of Moses to the Law of Christ. Temporary redemption had been available under the Law. But eternal Redemption is available only in Christ, and that is what God ultimately turned to.

No, I don't see there being 2 distinct Anointed Ones, although I'm familiar with this position. It's a difficult prophecy, and I try not to be too dogmatic about it. Indeed, I'm not even willing to say I'm certain! ;)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus covered AD 70, Daniel covered AD 70, and the church did not, because AD 70 was already covered. What is not covered is the 70th week of Daniel. AD70 was covered with the 69th week event. The Second Coming is the 70th week. All people everywhere can protest that fact night and day for the next 3 years. Then they will realize at the Second Coming, they just wasted 3 years.

I can say with absolute certainty that this is false prophecy. Maybe that's a little harsh. Your prognostication is false, or bad teaching. The 70th Week is viewed by many as the Week in which Christ was crucified.

But this is just an interpretation. What makes your teaching false is the fact Christ can come only after the 3.5 years reign of Antichrist. And he will reign over a 10 state confederation. We don't even see that yet!

We shouldn't be trying to stir people up with guesses about the day and hour of Christ's Coming. Indeed, we're not even supposed to be focusing on the times and seasons of future events. We're supposed to be focused on more immediate concerns, involving present ministry.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understanding the 70th week as yet future, and, is that 7 year Tribulation period, is interpreting (Daniel) in a sequential way.

Stranger

Yes, some people actually do that, although it becomes very awkward to do it that way. The prophecy actually begins with a restoration of the OT temple and with the restoration of ancient Jerusalem. To count 70 Weeks of years from Cyrus and Artaxerxes to 2020 AD plus is more than awkward to me personally!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that a long period of time depicted metaphorically as "weeks" ...

Hi RK,

You posted a LOT of information, -- too much to address in it's entirety --, so let me start with your first point regarding "weeks".

Dr. John F. Walvoord (Phd., Dallas Theological Seminary) wrote an excellent book titled "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation" where he cited the best Scholars:

“... as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’”[1]

“...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keil and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time measured by the number seven, which chronological duration must be determined on other grounds.”[2]

[1] John Walvoord, Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation, Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 217
[2] IBID, p. 218

As such the first thing we should perceive is that the 70 490 . If it did equal 490, then Daniel would have used the Concise Feminine Gender text, but he didn't Instead he used the UNUSUAL Inconcise Masculine Gender text found ONLY in the 9th Chapter of Daniel, and NOT the 10th Chapter of Daniel.

So using an analogy, -- where the commentators incorrectly presume that the “weeks” are spans of “seven”, we’ll call them “cars”. But because Daniel doesn’t use the concise term “week”/“car”, but instead uses an inconcise term, we must instead call them “vehicles” – which include both “cars”, “trucks”, "motorcycles", "buses", etc.

And so where 9:2 says "years", we should conclude that the Inconcise "weeks" includes some combination of "year(s)" and "week(s)".

So the LITERAL Masoretic text contradicts your 49/434/490 year interpretation, -- according to Walvoords scholars: Young, Keil, & Kliefoth.

Agreed?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dr. John F. Walvoord (Phd., Dallas Theological Seminary) wrote an excellent book titled "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation" where he cited the best Scholars:

Walvoord was quoting these scholars to show how confused they were, and that their ideas failed.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walvoord was quoting these scholars to show how confused they were, and that their ideas failed.

Let me propose that Walvoord cited the best Scholars available. And this includes Young, Keill, and Kliefoth, which ALL THREE agree to the"unusual" INCONCISE Masculine Gender text EVIDENCE, but none could explain the significance. And because Walvoord couldn't explain the significance, he threw out the EVIDENCE.

And as to what you called their "failed ideas", you have no clue as to the PROPHETIC FULFILLMENTS which they achieved:

Dan. 12
4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

It's too bad people don't believe what GOD says. -- And they'll each suffer for it.
Bobby Jo

To All,

I can't imagine how many UNSOLVED cases have been SOLVED by retaining crime evidence until DNA was discovered. And so too, if people had obeyed the angel's instructions and waited until the "time of the end", how many Scriptural TRUTHS would have been defended rather than attacked.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's too bad people don't believe what GOD says. -- And they'll each suffer for it.
You mean it's too bad people don't believe your fanciful ideas. Nor should they. The same goes for RK's fanciful ideas.

Reactions: Stan B

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi RK,

You posted a LOT of information, -- too much to address in it's entirety --, so let me start with your first point regarding "weeks".

“... as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’”[1]

“...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keil and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time measured by the number seven, which chronological duration must be determined on other grounds.”[2]

[1] John Walvoord, Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation, Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 217
[2] IBID, p. 218

As such the first thing we should perceive is that the 70 490 . If it did equal 490, then Daniel would have used the Concise Feminine Gender text, but he didn't Instead he used the UNUSUAL Inconcise Masculine Gender text found ONLY in the 9th Chapter of Daniel, and NOT the 10th Chapter of Daniel.

So using an analogy, -- where the commentators incorrectly presume that the “weeks” are spans of “seven”, we’ll call them “cars”. But because Daniel doesn’t use the concise term “week”/“car”, but instead uses an inconcise term, we must instead call them “vehicles” – which include both “cars”, “trucks”, "motorcycles", "buses", etc.

And so where 9:2 says "years", we should conclude that the Inconcise "weeks" includes some combination of "year(s)" and "week(s)".

So the LITERAL Masoretic text contradicts your 49/434/490 year interpretation, -- according to Walvoords scholars: Young, Keil, & Kliefoth.

Agreed?
Bobby Jo

Sorry, not at all! These men were indulging in what we might call "scholarly speculation." Just because they are scholars doesn't give them authority to declare their speculations as definitively meaning anything. We would have to consult other scholars, right? Otherwise, what we're doing is saying all scholars have to be measured against the speculations of only 3 scholars. And that's absurd.

Walvoord and Pentecost are 2 Pretrib scholars that I've not taken the time to read, although I have read lots of Pretrib material. The theology is based on so many assumptions that it becomes almost impossible to view their statements against the Scriptures! But I really do know the Pretrib position, and feel that most of it is a rehash of John N. Darby. That would place only 1 scholar against virtually all scholars before him! And that is, indeed, absurd!

After Darby, men like Walvoord spent their time trying to *justify* Darby's conclusions where it simply didn't line up with Scriptures, going to great lengths to prove that their positions really are "biblical."

Saying Daniel's 70 Weeks are not "Weeks of Years" cannot be proven by masculine or feminine forms of the word "week." If so, don't just declare it is so, but provide the proof. It won't be forthcoming, I can assure you!

No, the 70 Weeks prophecy only makes sense as a huge metaphor. 70 Weeks equals 70 sevens of years, or roughly 490 years. I just think the actual time period turns out to be complete 3.5 years shy of that.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can say with absolute certainty that this is false prophecy. Maybe that's a little harsh. Your prognostication is false, or bad teaching. The 70th Week is viewed by many as the Week in which Christ was crucified.

But this is just an interpretation. What makes your teaching false is the fact Christ can come only after the 3.5 years reign of Antichrist. And he will reign over a 10 state confederation. We don't even see that yet!

We shouldn't be trying to stir people up with guesses about the day and hour of Christ's Coming. Indeed, we're not even supposed to be focusing on the times and seasons of future events. We're supposed to be focused on more immediate concerns, involving present ministry.
Well it isn't a prophecy any more or less than yours or Daniel's. This trib is present ministry because it is happening right now!!

But it is ok, people will just be surprised when it happens instead of prepared. No harm in being suprised. I guess if it is a sin to work extra hard in the Vinyard for the last few months, to gain extra rewards, every one can regret doing nothing.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am just saying that week 69, was Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection. Week 70 is the Second Coming.
Not exactly, but close. The 70th week of Daniel PRECEDES the Second Coming of Christ. We know it is a future period of seven years, and we also know that 3 1/2 years (42 months) are allotted to the future Antichrist (corresponding to the Tribulation). Therefore the remaining 3 1/2 years are allotted to the Great Tribulation (the *desolations* of Daniel, and the 7th trumpet judgments of Revelation). After this Christ will come with all His saints and angels. Anyone who claims that the Second Coming already took place is DELUSIONAL.

MATTHEW 24: FUTURE CHRONOLOGY

1. THE GREAT TRIBULATION -- TOTALLY UNIQUE

21 For then shall be [The] Great Tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. [Note: in Revelation 7, it is call the Tribulation, the Great, in Greek τῆς θλίψεως τῆς μεγάλης (tes thlipseos tes megales)]...

2. CATACYLSMIC COSMIC EVENTS -- TOTALLY UNIQUE

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:...

3. THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST -- TOTALLY UNIQUE
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

4. THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON -- TOTALLY UNIQUE
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, -- to be specific, please allow me to ONCE AGAIN provide SOME of the FAILURES of the Daniel 9 FALSE "JESUS AGENDA":

I wonder what you mean by the FALSE "JESUS AGENDA" of Daniel 9?

6. The "weeks"/"week" are the inconcise Masculine gender text, which are specifically NOT 490 years.

If they are not 490 years, what else could they be?

They sure do add up to 490 years.

They are also 10 cycles of Jubilee.

49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49=490

"'You must count off seven weeks of years, seven times seven years, and the days of the seven weeks of years will amount to forty-nine years. - Even the NET Bible knows this​

As soon as Gabriel began talking in heptads, Daniel knew what he was talking about. Even without consulting with the "inconcise Masculine gender text", Daniel would have recognized the Jubilee language of "weeks of years".

MANY versions present Daniel's "seven" and "sixty-two" as though it were one number (i.e., "sixty-nine"). Newton said it does "VIOLENCE" to Scripture, as there is no Scriptural or Societal precedent for summing numbers in that fashion. I.e., a pair of shoes does not cost "seven and sixty-two dollars (plus tax), -- they cost SIXTY-NINE dollars.

If you knew what Newton said, you must also know why he said it. The reason for the enigmatic language of Daniel 9, was for there to be embedded within that text a provision for two comings of Messiah. Both a Primary, and a Secondary. All based on decrees to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem.

The Old Time Jews might have redeemed the 70 weeks. In that case something different could have happened in the first century. So since there was uncertainty as to what would happen with Daniel's People, the language would need to be applicable not only to a First coming of Messiah, but also to a Secondary coming of Messiah as well. If the Jews missed the TIME* of their Visitation. Which they unfortunately did.

And please recall that these prophecies are not ancient. They're preserved (Dan. 12:4 & 9) for the era approximate to 1948.

How would they add up to 1948?

Jesus said that the TIME was fulfilled.

He sat in the Temple in 27AD and read from the Isaiah 61 Scroll about declaring the year of the Lord's favor.

Then in Mark He said:

“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” Mark 1:15​

What "time" do you think Jesus was talking about.

The last heptad was not yet fulfilled.

They were not yet even in the middle of the week.

What about the 62, and the 7 weeks of years.

7 weeks and 62 weeks?

434 and 49 years from the Artaxerxes decree to restore Jerusalem in 457BC, until Messiah the Prince reads the Isaiah scroll in 27AD.

It looks like it adds up, if you don't count the zero year.

Which wasn't a good year.

I pray this helps you Bobby Jo.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You mean it's too bad people don't believe your fanciful ideas. Nor should they. The same goes for RK's fanciful ideas.
Enoch,

My take on this is that it is a twofold prophecy, the first of course being the 69 sevens which were brought to a halt when the Anointed One was cut off, with the final 7 taking place at the end of the age.

A second aspect of this prophecy. The 7s, heptads, mentioned in the prophecy can be any grouping of 7s in a timeline, week month year, and years of Jubilee. The 7s of Jubilees relates to God's timetable for Israel when they are established again in their homeland. In 2017 and 2018, Israel just celebrated their 70th Jubilee! i.e 70 X 50, 3500 years since Israel became a nation.

The Jubilee occurs every 50 years following the 7 Shemitahs, 7 periods of 7 years each, followed by the year of Jubilee, a year of rest where all debt is forgiven.

So I find it fascinating that Israel has just celebrated it's 70th Jubilee. Knowing how important timing is to God, I don't believe this is a mere coincidence.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, not at all! These men were indulging in what we might call "scholarly speculation." ...

You make absolute FALSE accusations? Really? And you think you're a Christian?

... If so, don't just declare it is so, but provide the proof. It won't be forthcoming, I can assure you! ...

So when you go for a ride in a "cool" car, feel free to grab a hat, coat, gloves, and scarf, -- because "slang" is the same as the literal, just as Masculine is the same as Feminine -- per YOU.

Now Young, (who you just slandered), also observed ( -- which you have no clue -- ) regarding the "going forth of the word":

“[Per Young] This phrase has reference to the issuance of the word, not from a Persian ruler but from God. Young goes on to point out that the expression the commandment, which he insists is better translated “a word” (Heb. Dābār; cf. 2Ch 30:5) is also found is Daniel 9:23 for a word from God.”[1]

[1] John Walvoord, Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation, Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 224

So we should find somewhere in Scripture where GOD EXPLICITLY COMMANDS that in the era approximate to 1948 that the ancient land of Israel should be rebuilt. And according to the 9:2 "perceived"/"biyn" and the 1 Kings 3 interchange, -- GOD asks Solomon what HE should give him. And Solomon, being humble asked for the SIMPLE "wisdom"/"shama", analogous to reading the daily weather forecast in the newspaper. And GOD said HE'd give him what he asked for, "biyn" (not "shama"), such that no man before him and no man after him shall have such "biyn" (Solomon Wisdom).

Thus Daniel did not "shama" the "books", meaning the 25th Chapter of Jeremiah, but rather used "biyn" (Solomon wisdom") to "perceive" the "seventy years" in a different book. So I ask you, where in the O.T. Scriptures do you find where GOD EXPLICITLY COMMANDS that the ANCIENT ruins of Jerusalem be rebuilt?

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

For those confused regarding the 9th Chapter of Daniel, -- please allow the following for your consideration:

“... Montgomery, for all of his scholarship and knowledge of the history of interpretation, ends up with no reasonable interpretation at all.”[1]

... and ...

“This prophesy of the seventy sevens is one of the most difficult in the entire OT, and although the interpretations are almost legion, we shall confine ourselves to the discussion of three which may be regarded as of particular importance.”[1]

Note: According to the dictionary[2] a legion consists of 3,000 to 6,000 foot soldiers, and 300 to 700 cavalry.

[1] Guthrie, D., & J.A. Motyer, New Bible Commentary: Revised, Eerdmans Publishing Co., Grand Rapids, MI, 1970, p. 699
[2] Webster’s New Twentieth Century Dictionary - 2nd ed, p. 1035

And to further challenge the commonly accepted interpretation, in the book “The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls In English,”[1] the author augments Montgomery’s lack of literal fulfillment by providing chronology prefixed upon the Damascus Document which yields a faulty conclusion of 490 years (a 20 year “grope;” an additional 40 years after the Messiah’s death; and 40 year instead of 30 year Messianic ministry; = error).

“...the Book of Daniel, where a period of seventy weeks of years, i.e. 490 years, is given as separating the epoch of Nebuchadnezzar from that of the Messiah. As it happens, if to this figure of 390 years [Damascus Document] is added, firstly twenty (during which the ancestors of the Community ‘groped’ for their way until the entry on the scene of the Teacher of Righteousness), then another forty (the time span between the death of the Teacher and the dawn of the messianic epoch), the total stretch of years arrived at is 450. And if to this total is added the duration of the Teacher’s ministry of, say, forty years - a customary round figure - the final result is the classic seventy times seven years.”

[1] Geza Vermes, The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls In English, Penguin Putnam Inc., NY, 1997, p. 58

And of course, Montgomery goes on to call the 9th Chapter of Daniel "the dismal swamp of OT prophecy", which is analogous to the movie "The Princess Bride" where everyone who ventures into the "fire swamp" goes in, but never comes out.

It would seem to me that if the purported (and FALSE) duration was 490 years then EVERYONE WOULD AGREE. But when the chronographers, the Scholars, and even the Commentators ALL DISAGREE on ANY SINGLE INTERPRETATION, -- could it be that there IS NO ANCIENT INTERPRETATION, and they should have obeyed the angel's instructions in 12:4 & 9?

Ya think?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem to me that if the purported (and FALSE) duration was 490 years then EVERYONE WOULD AGREE. But when the chronographers, the Scholars, and even the Commentators ALL DISAGREE on ANY SINGLE INTERPRETATION, -- could it be that there IS NO ANCIENT INTERPRETATION, and they should have obeyed the angel's instructions in 12:4 & 9?

Ya think?
Bobby Jo

I know.

Nobody agrees.

Not the the chronographers, the Scholars, or even the Commentators.

Why should we?

But we, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day may catch us as a thief.

Daniel 12:4 & 9 is here. We should have the advantage over those dusty commentators and interpreters.

People already did run to and fro, knowledge already was increased.

Now we're locked down.

Running to and fro is over.

"Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by.​

Quarantine means 40 days.

40 days until Ascension day.

1535 + 1969 = the "darkened sun".

Until the TIME is fulfilled again.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 12:4 & 9 is here. We should have the advantage over those dusty commentators and interpreters. ...
I like your word "should". The church doesn't have clue, and teaches FALSE "interpretations" of Daniel's Prophecies, and people are led to believe that we CAN'T KNOW, when we MUST KNOW so that that we don't perish for lack of knowledge.

But move along, there's nothing to see ...

Running to and fro is over. ...

Really? -- Life has STOPPED, never to re-start? And I suppose KNOWLEDGE is no longer INCREASING.

Then I guess we all need to kill ourselves, -- we'll maybe everyone else --; but I'm working to survive until the day when Jesus returns, which is in about a year and a half. But you'll be DEAD so what difference is it to you?!?
Bobby Jo

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not exactly, but close. The 70th week of Daniel PRECEDES the Second Coming of Christ. We know it is a future period of seven years, and we also know that 3 1/2 years (42 months) are allotted to the future Antichrist (corresponding to the Tribulation). Therefore the remaining 3 1/2 years are allotted to the Great Tribulation (the *desolations* of Daniel, and the 7th trumpet judgments of Revelation). After this Christ will come with all His saints and angels. Anyone who claims that the Second Coming already took place is DELUSIONAL.

MATTHEW 24: FUTURE CHRONOLOGY

1. THE GREAT TRIBULATION -- TOTALLY UNIQUE

21 For then shall be [The] Great Tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. [Note: in Revelation 7, it is call the Tribulation, the Great, in Greek τῆς θλίψεως τῆς μεγάλης (tes thlipseos tes megales)]...

2. CATACYLSMIC COSMIC EVENTS -- TOTALLY UNIQUE

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:...

3. THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST -- TOTALLY UNIQUE
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

4. THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON -- TOTALLY UNIQUE
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
It is both 7 years and 1 week of days.

There are 3 different weeks in History where Jesus Christ changed the course of history. The first one was the week the Hebrews entered the Promised Land and marched around Jericho. 1400 years before the Cross The rule of Nations was handed to the Hebrews. The week of Jesus's Palm Sunday entrance into Jerusalem was the second of the 3. In the middle of the week, Jesus ended the Law of Moses and the rule of the Hebrews, and the church age began. In 3 years, it will be the third week. The Second Coming is the 7 day week of Daniel, and in the middle of this week, is when Satan's 3.5 starts. At the end, the two witnesses will lay dead for 3.5 days, and this is the end of the week, and 3 days of the 7 vials. When the two witnesses get up and ascend into heaven, the battle of Megiddo is being prepared by Satan and all his followers. When this battle ends, the 1000 year reign of Christ begins. It begins 3.5 years before 2030, because Satan interrupts the 7 years, and the 7 days. 2030 would have been the 2000 year end of the church age, and the end of Adam's 6000 years of punishment, which is the sweat of the brow, and toil of work.