• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus himself is a 1st century Jew. I would expect the belief of his followers, in all centuries, to be consist with his.

I can not answer your expectation.
Jesus came to seek the lost Jews.
Not particularly news, ISRAEL (all tribesmen) at some points in history, adopted Gentile ways. By a 3rd generation, who knows if they knew anything about their own religious history. I don’t.

They aren’t. What does it matter? A time is coming when he will tell us. Again.

“I never knew you.”

Maybe that applies to you...however,
I have Zero expectation to hear the Lord say to me...
“I never knew you”...

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You have to decide for yourself what the trinity means...

The Trinity means “not the God of Jesus”.

What does it matter?

Dagon means “not the God of Jesus”.

What does it matter?

People have to decide for themselves what matters and why it does or it doesn’t.

What matters to me is having for my God the only God whom Jesus has for his God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I can not answer your expectation.
Jesus came to seek the lost Jews.
Not particularly news, ISRAEL (all tribesmen) at some points in history, adopted Gentile ways. By a 3rd generation, who knows if they knew anything about their own religious history. I don’t.

Maybe that applies to you...however,
I have Zero expectation to hear the Lord say to me...
“I never knew you”...

No one has that expectation. Many are going to hear it anyway. They won’t hear it from me. They’ll hear it from him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Trinity means “not the God of Jesus”.

Silly answer....as is...the following example.
What does SKY mean...The SKY means not the Earth...:D

What matters to me is having for my God the only God whom Jesus has for his God.

Oh, then whether or not Moses’ God is the Lord God Almighty...
Didn’t matter to you...?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Silly answer....as is...the following example.
What does SKY mean...The SKY means not the Earth...:D

There’s nothing silly about it. In both cases, those are elementary facts.

Oh, then whether or not Moses’ God is the Lord God Almighty...
Didn’t matter to you...?

It does matter to me. The Lord God Almighty is the God of Jesus and Moses.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, God is not his own God. The God of Jesus - the Father - doesn’t have a God.

Why is God the Father?
Why did Jesus say He and His Father are one?
Why did Jesus say Seeing Him was Seeing the Father?
Why is Jesus in His 30’s leaving Earth, yet returns with WHITE hair?
Why do the sons of men Becomes fathers, and take over the ranch?

Any clues? Ideas? Or are you going to parrot me?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why is God the Father?
Why did Jesus say He and His Father are one?
Why did Jesus say Seeing Him was Seeing the Father?
Why is Jesus in His 30’s leaving Earth, yet returns with WHITE hair?
Why do the sons of men Becomes fathers, and take over the ranch?

Any clues? Ideas? Or are you going to parrot me?

Parrot you? No.

Jesus has a God and, if we listen to him, we know precisely who that God is. That should be enough for us to know who his God isn’t.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trinitarianism is a theology. The boundaries of trinitarianism / trinitarian theology have been historically established.
It is one thing to believe in Three persons, and quite another to believe in the fact that God has shown Himself by three faces (minimum), even introducing each differently while maintaining Oneness.
There’s no confusion about it in scripture. Jesus says he has a God. He does, and his God isn’t the Trinity.

Is there a God besides his God? No.

Does it matter to trinitarians? No.
I was not posting in support of a trinity or not, but pointing out rather that:

Jesus being a creation of the Father as an image of Himself and One we are to emulate, would and has portrayed a Son of Man needing and having a God in heaven. Which He did. Which was an act of God "become flesh" and therefore is "God with us" just as it is written.

Thus, there is indeed no confusion in scripture--just a confusion of all that "God" has done and just "how" He did it...on earth and in heaven.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is one thing to believe in Three persons, and quite another to believe in the fact that God has shown Himself by three faces (minimum), even introducing each differently will maintaining Oneness.

I’ll leave it for the trinitarians to respond to, if any of them care to.

I was not posting in support of a trinity or not, but pointing out rather that:

Jesus being a creation of the Father as an image of Himself and by example what we too are to emulate, would portray a Son of Man as needing and having a God in heaven. Which He did. Which was an act of God "become flesh" and therefore is "God with us" just as it is written.

Thus, there is indeed no confusion in scripture--just a confusion of all that "God" has done and just "how" He did it...on earth and in heaven.

“Jesus being a creation of the Father” - hard pause.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In order to take on the sins and the curse of mankind God needed to be a man...which was created in the image of God. “Created.” Even...and especially Christ.

You’re on the right track with Jesus Christ was created by God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The key word here is He "became" flesh.

Who became?

Who can save?

Who can anything?​

There’s no need for the Trinity in response to any of those questions.

“God created Jesus Christ” - that’s what readers need to lock their minds on.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s no need for the Trinity in response to any of those questions.

“God created Jesus Christ” - that’s what readers need to lock their minds on.
You are so fixated on the trinity here though, it would appear you are not thinking about anything else. There's more.

It is not the "created" part that is of greatest significance, that is just the "means." The verb here is not the issue. It is rather who "became" (flesh) that was not flesh before, that is more significant. And since no one else has the power to "create" but God--all of this is "of God." And if of God, then it is only God who could have "became" flesh. There is no other possibility.

You see, since God said "Us" and "We" as the first words before "creating"--Us and We would have to be God--which I would not call a Trinity (and it would be a distraction if not a form of blindness to consider it such). Understanding just "how" Us and We fit into God "before" creation is not important to understand with the issue at hand--which is not whether or not there is a Trinity or not. The greater issue, is "Who" was before "God created", and therefore, "who" is Us and We...which is not really the point either. I would say the point here is rather "where does Jesus fit in"...That is, the real question is if He is God. That is the issue--and we can either lean back on what we have always believed (or have never believed), and never look at it honestly...or we can put that all aside and answer the question (honestly).

We know man was created, and therefore in order for Jesus to the Son of Man, Jesus was created. However, we also know that He was "before the world was"--which is to say, before creation. We also know that He shared the same glory as the Father before the world was. Therefore, I submit that it is Jesus (before He was created in the fulness of time) that "became flesh" (and dwelt among us).

So...call it a Trinity, or don't call it a Trinity--it hardly matters. That is just semantics, just children imagining things on their own level. They'll learn the whole matter soon enough. But if we purpose to answer the question, we should consider it well and answer it honestly. Anew.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You are so fixated on the trinity here though, it would appear you are not thinking about anything else. There's more.

It is not the "created" part that is of greatest significance, that is just the "means." The verb here is not the issue. It is rather who "became" (flesh) that was not flesh before, that is more significant. And since no one else has the power to "create" but God--all of this is "of God." And if of God, then it is only God who could have "became" flesh. There is no other possibility.

You see, since God said "Us" and "We" as the first words before "creating"--Us and We would have to be God--which I would not call a Trinity (and it would be a distraction if not a form of blindness to consider it such). Understanding just "how" Us and We fit into God "before" creation is not important to understand with the issue at hand--which is not whether or not there is a Trinity or not. The greater issue, is "Who" was before "God created", and therefore, "who" is Us and We...which is not really the point either. I would say the point here is rather "where does Jesus fit in"...That is, the real question is if He is God. That is the issue--and we can either lean back on what we have always believed (or have never believed), and never look at it honestly...or we can put that all aside and answer the question (honestly).

We know man was created, and therefore in order for Jesus to the Son of Man, Jesus was created. However, we also know that He was "before the world was"--which is to say, before creation. We also know that He shared the same glory as the Father before the world was. Therefore, I submit that it is Jesus (before He was created in the fulness of time) that "became flesh" (and dwelt among us).

So...call it a Trinity, or don't call it a Trinity--it hardly matters. That is just semantics, just children imagining things on their own level. They'll learn the whole matter soon enough. But if we purpose to answer the question, we should consider it well and answer it honestly. Anew.

Fixated on the Trinity? When I just said the Trinity has nothing to do with it?

Let’s eliminate all talk of the Trinity from our conversation.

God created Jesus Christ.

Reactions: ScottA
Status
Not open for further replies.