Giving others freedom to think and believe differently

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
why do we claim God and praise Him for His mercy but refuse to have mercy toward those caught in “when I’ve missed the light the night has stolen”?

Very good question... I think one of the answers is that many Christians are legalistic... they are taught a long list of rules to follow... they are taught that God is angry and keeping score... therefore that is all they are able to give back... these Christians are very bitter and unhappy people... at least from what I have seen. They work so hard to make sure everything "looks good"... their lists of do's and don'ts keeps them on the straight and narrow... but very far from Father's LOVE and His heart for His children.

I have seen people literally yelling on the street corners that people are this and that... and going to hell UNLESS they repent.

I guess it's easier to judge and condemn than it is to love.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good question... I think one of the answers is that many Christians are legalistic... they are taught a long list of rules to follow... they are taught that God is angry and keeping score... therefore that is all they are able to give back... these Christians are very bitter and unhappy people... at least from what I have seen. They work so hard to make sure everything "looks good"... their lists of do's and don'ts keeps them on the straight and narrow... but very far from Father's LOVE and His heart for His children.

I have seen people literally yelling on the street corners that people are this and that... and going to hell UNLESS they repent.

I guess it's easier to judge and condemn than it is to love.

again not to be ugly but only one perspective. With all the shouting and condemning they do...have they ever considered they might be the ones that need to be reached; when it is too dark to see. Witnessed this street corner shouting and condemning...have you ever considered what they are speaking: is it death or Life? Why do we called it ‘hell fire preaching’?
Revelation 9:17-19 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone. (Hell and death) [18] By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths. [19] For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt. (Elsewhere “torment”)

“for their power is in their mouth”
how many times does He say it in Proverbs 18:20-21 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. [21] Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Not to get preachy but to only give an opinion on “hell fire preaching” ...is Fire, smoke, and brimstone coming out of that bullhorn ...OR LIFE?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus ... I have often said... there are two kinds of Christians... those who breath life into others and those who breath death.

scary...I’ve breathed death.

The question wasn’t directed at you. I was just considering two standing before God and the blind leading the blind pounding on his chest saying “thank God I’m not like that atheist!”

Reactions: saintiaint

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus ... I have often said... there are two kinds of Christians... those who breath life into others and those who breath death.

your post makes me think of: Philippians 1:15-18 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: [16] The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: [17] But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. [18] What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Tecarta Bible

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw @VictoryinJesus that was a really pretty song. :)

it is a pretty song. Reminds me so much of:
Matthew 14:27-31 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. [28] And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. [29] And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. [30] But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. [31] And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: April_Rose

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
scary...I’ve breathed death.

The question wasn’t directed at you. I was just considering two standing before God and the blind leading the blind pounding on his chest saying “thank God I’m not like that atheist!”
Thank God I'm not like that American.......(British joke after Harry and Megan interview)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sad thing that i have noticed in these days is , when one comes warning or reminding
to keep JESUS sayings , they often are accused of legalism .
When one comes and corrects , its seen as legalism .
IF loving the LORD and reminding folks that we need to be hearers and doers is legalism , then something has went bad wrong .
WE are servants of self and just do not want to be reminded . Let us ponder on that for a bit .
cause when folks erred and repented not in the early church , they delivered folks over to destruction of the flesh and etc .
We cannot become our own god . I say again we cannot become our own god .
Recieve correction when it is given and let not the heart be hardened .

Reactions: DNB

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I speak to the ENTITLED generation .
We are not entitled nor owed anything .
The only thing we are worthy of would be death and the second death .
Yall ever wonder why I PRAISE GOD SO MUCH . CAUSE I get what i did not deserve .
I get not what i was entitled too . FOR i was entitled to the second death . THAT is what i deserve .
OH BUT PRAISE GOD for the grace given me IN JESUS CHRIST /

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes. I'm in my secular Christian phase.
The honeymoon is over I'm afraid. Or is that just an excuse for lack of enthusiasm?
Yes, it is an excuse for lack of zeal. Listen, the world offers a lot of distractions that often compete with Christian virtue, don't be fooled by the glitter. Yes, heaven, or living an ascetic life, appears as lame and boring, but on the contrary. The world's attractions are insatiable, deceptive, and more often than not, subversive. Transcend the allurements of the flesh, or at least appreciate why God exhorts us to store our treasures in heaven and not on earth.
Lofty ideal, yes, attainable, of course - facts are facts, the world is a cesspool, no one makes it out unscathed.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The above are all your quotes... In each and every one... you have chosen to belittle... judge and correct @saintiaint.
Please do not tell me that I have mis-read you. I will repeat that I am familiar with this type of so called Christianity...and it
does massive damage to everyone that receives it. I need to move on now... as I have no desire to discuss this matter any further.
You're taking things out of context, I was merely giving an explanation as to why I believe that IANS has the views that he has.
Again, it wasn't strictly for the sake of criticism or denigration, but merely to make him reflect on what might be the source to his current attitude about Christianity. I was open to him correcting me, and welcomed it.
All I can say at this point is, is that he is becoming extremely complacent and indifferent about the virtues of holiness and righteousness, and the imminent judgement of Christ. These are not abusive words, but sincere, and meant to elicit contemplation about these things.

Reactions: amigo de christo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ya mean when people preach that God is a demonic puppet master?
oh no, more cryptic messages.
What are you referring to, my views that God will inflict eternal torment upon the unsaved, ...or, more correctly, the condemned will inflict it upon themselves?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh no, more cryptic messages.
What are you referring to, my views that God will inflict eternal torment upon the unsaved, ...or, more correctly, the condemned will inflict it upon themselves?

LOL No, I am concerned you will drag others to hell.