God "CREATED" -- What it actually means.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
created H1254 H853

The KJV translates Strong's H1254 in the following manner: create

And here's the kicker-- H853 contracted from H226 in the demonstrative sense of entity; properly, self:

The KJV translates Strong's H226 in the following manner: sign(s) (60x), token(s) (14x), ensign(s) (2x), miracles (2x), mark (1x).
In other words...
God, by mere signs and tokens (parables) has/is demonstrating His "self" by revelations.
The world is not the "reality" that it would appear to be.

I will open my mouth in a parable;
I will utter dark sayings of old,
3 Which we have heard and known,
And our fathers have told us. Psalm 78:2-3

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and Ziggy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
created H1254 H853

And here's the kicker-- H853 contracted from H226 in the demonstrative sense of entity; properly, self:

The KJV translates Strong's H226 in the following manner: sign(s) (60x), token(s) (14x), ensign(s) (2x), miracles (2x), mark (1x).
In other words...
God, by mere signs and tokens (parables) has/is demonstrating His "self" by revelations.

I agree with all this. But what does it have to do with God creating or making (for He did not speak them into existence but formed them) to be immortal?

Reactions: Cassandra

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with all this. But what does it have to do with God creating or making (for He did not speak them into existence but formed them) to be immortal?
Because from the very beginning (Genesis 1:1) the "creation" is defined as a mere "demonstration" to reveal rather than form. The point being that the creation is rather, as it is with man, an "image" of what is to be. So, rather than God's intentions resulting in an unintentional fall, that is later corrected...it was all rather intended too be simply for revelations...whereby our returning to Him would actually be us returning to what was even before the foundation of the world. By definition.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are going off on a tangent!
That is the kicker.
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."
The universe did not exist, then God created it and it did. What is so difficult to understand? It wasn't there and six days later, it was - with a planet filled with life.
It sounds like you are trying to distort the well understood Judeo/Christian concept of creation that has been around and accepted for thousands of years. This physical creation of the universe was caused by the miracluous, supernatural power of God, Who spoke it into existence, as in: "God said, let there be light" and so on and so forth and it was so.

other words...
Really? If you said that carpenter created a house are you talking about signs and parables? No, one month the house didn't exist, then he built it and it did in the next.
Are you implying the universe already existed ... a big bang ... evolution ... a universe that created itself? Please don't. There are plenty of confused Theistic Evolutionists out there with there crazy science.
Maybe you need to put away that Concordance, it seems to be confusing you. Rely on the Holy Spirit to guide you in discerning the scriptures.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think evolutionary creationist are as confused as the young earth / old earth theists make them out to be. Typically the paradigm is shaped by science and faith. The science is understood through the general consensus of 99.9% of the roughly 8,000,000 scientists around the world who are the experts in dozens of fields that all support the same theory. The theology is based off of the work of processors and scholars who are experts in biblical hermeneutics , biblical languages and ancient cultures. These two groups come together in agreement within evolutionary creationism as a group that upholds the scriptures as the inspired words of Yahweh though prophets and apostles while also upholding honesty and commitment to scientific and historical evidence.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which fantasy world have you entered into? For example Disney's Fantasy World is now targeting little children to pervert them. So if this world is not a reality, you should be looking to Buddhism for directions. They say it is all an illusion.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are going off on a tangent!
That is the kicker.
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."
The universe did not exist, then God created it and it did. What is so difficult to understand? It wasn't there and six days later, it was - with a planet filled with life.
It sounds like you are trying to distort the well understood Judeo/Christian concept of creation that has been around and accepted for thousands of years. This physical creation of the universe was caused by the miracluous, supernatural power of God, Who spoke it into existence, as in: "God said, let there be light" and so on and so forth and it was so.

Really? If you said that carpenter created a house are you talking about signs and parables? No, one month the house didn't exist, then he built it and it did in the next.
Are you implying the universe already existed ... a big bang ... evolution ... a universe that created itself? Please don't. There are plenty of confused Theistic Evolutionists out there with there crazy science.
Maybe you need to put away that Concordance, it seems to be confusing you. Rely on the Holy Spirit to guide you in discerning the scriptures.
Well, if you are okay with turning a blind eye to the fact that even we are made in an "image", or that God has made it clear that He has been speaking in parables, and that the creation plan was for signs as a demonstration of things on high...then you need not be concerned about it. Just live according to the world view and perspective and wake up to the truth after your time has passed. No problem.

But that would not be responsive to the facts and reality of the scriptures. God has not hidden these things, and therefore we should know better than to walk in the flesh according to the world standard and plug our ears.

As far as the universe previously existing, no. According to the scriptures, all of creation begins and ends...except that which God gives eternal life, after the End.

As for the Holy Spirit, the scriptures are spiritually discerned. I only presented it by words and meaning that anyone who does not have spiritual discernment could have a logical reason to believe the truth...not just what seeing dimly or going by what has been taught by the blind leading the blind, would lead one to believe.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
W

Well, if you are okay with turning a blind eye to the fact that even we are made in an "image", or that God has made it clear that He has been speaking in parables, and that the creation plan was for signs as a demonstration of things on high...then you need not be concerned about it. Just live according to the world view and perspective and wake up to the truth after your time has passed. No problem.

But that would not be responsive to the facts and reality of the scriptures. God has not hidden these things, and therefore we should know better than to walk in the flesh according to the world standard and plug our ears.

As far as the universe previously existing, no. According to the scriptures, all of creation begins and ends...except that which God gives eternal life, after the End.

As for the Holy Spirit, the scriptures are spiritually discerned. I only presented it by words and meaning that anyone who does not have spiritual discernment could have a logical reason to believe the truth...not just what seeing dimly or going by what has been taught by the blind leading the blind, would lead one to believe.
You speak lots of words but say little.
You are adding symbolism (signs and parables) where they don't belong.
You brought up the word "created" and then went off.
Let's try this. Take the first sentence of the Bible and as simply as you can put it, what does it mean? Is it to be taken literally or symbolically? Did He create the universe ( in the popular sense of what we all understand created means) or not?
That first sentence is not a parable or a sign. The message to us is simple, God literally made everything!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which fantasy world have you entered into? For example Disney's Fantasy World is now targeting little children to pervert them. So if this world is not a reality, you should be looking to Buddhism for directions. They say it is all an illusion.
Hmmm...do you think Buddha was born twice, or insisted that people eat his flesh and drink his blood? ...Nah, that's crazy talk!

Oh, but thanks, and do tell Nicodemus I said hello!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
created H1254 H853

In other words...

The actual meaning is designed, invented, etc. All things has a creator, the Bible says that:
(Hebrews 3:4) . . .every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.
There were multiple beings involved in the making, but the title of creator is given exclusively to Jehovah.

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because from the very beginning (Genesis 1:1) the "creation" is defined as a mere "demonstration" to reveal rather than form. The point being that the creation is rather, as it is with man, an "image" of what is to be. So, rather than God's intentions resulting in an unintentional fall, that is later corrected...it was all rather intended too be simply for revelations...whereby our returning to Him would actually be us returning to what was even before the foundation of the world. By definition.

We are the prodigal son.

Reactions: Ziggy and ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak lots of words but say little.
You are adding symbolism (signs and parables) where they don't belong.
You brought up the word "created" and then went off.
Let's try this. Take the first sentence of the Bible and as simply as you can put it, what does it mean? Is it to be taken literally or symbolically? Did He create the universe ( in the popular sense of what we all understand created means) or not?
That first sentence is not a parable or a sign. The message to us is simple, God literally made everything!
You are looking at things as if the context were the world--but it is not.

The truth of the matter is, it was God who started off with "created" and man as an "image", "and then went off" (as you say). And I shouldn't have to tell you that the words are spiritually discerned, because the apostle Paul already did.

So...until you are ready to look at things the way they actually are biblically, and not "literally" as the world and the mind of natural men would see them...there is no point in defining the first sentence of the Bible for you. Which--actually, I already did, but you have rejected it.

So, what's it going to be, natural, or spiritual? How would you like to be known of by God, and to be found so doing?

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I suspect the world is a dream in God's mind. We are as "real" as any other idea.

That book you read last month? The thought of it remains in your head. Can you point to "it?" Does it have mass or substance? Is it "real?" Perhaps not, yet there it is in your head just the same.

Reactions: Ziggy and BeyondET

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are looking at things as if the context were the world--but it is not.

The truth of the matter is, it was God who started off with "created" and man as an "image", "and then went off" (as you say). And I shouldn't have to tell you that the words are spiritually discerned, because the apostle Paul already did.

So...until you are ready to look at things the way they actually are biblically, and not "literally" as the world and the mind of natural men would see them...there is no point in defining the first sentence of the Bible for you. Which--actually, I already did, but you have rejected it.

So, what's it going to be, natural, or spiritual? How would you like to be known of by God, and to be found so doing?
Here is how I discern the first verse of the Bible in as few worda as possible: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
And I know what that means naturally and spiritually.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actual meaning is designed, invented, etc. All things has a creator, the Bible says that:
(Hebrews 3:4) . . .every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.
There were multiple beings involved in the making, but the title of creator is given exclusively to Jehovah.
The "house" reference is a good point confirming what the revelation of God having created all that we know of as the universe, as being the substance of signs and demonstration, rather than simply being the creation of things, or even flesh and blood.

The "house" reference points to where Christ went "to prepare a place for you"...meaning, "not of this world."

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you have a gnostic bent then? That physcial creation is only a shadow. That is wrong!

By whose definition???? Before creatiopn there was no creation, so how can we go back to something that did not exist!

Reactions: Cassandra

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect the world is a dream in God's mind. We are as "real" as any other idea.

That book you read last month? The thought of it remains in your head. Can you point to "it?" Does it have mass or substance? Is it "real?" Perhaps not, yet there it is in your head just the same.
Add to that idea the power of all mighty God...an certainly anything is possible!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is how I discern the first verse of the Bible in as few worda as possible: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
And I know what that means naturally and spiritually.
Then why did you respond only to what would be considered natural...which you called "literal?"
Why did you not speak to the spiritual instead?
God is spirit.
Why don't you elaborate the spiritual now?
After all that is the point of the discussion.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is this real hehe, yup God is a humorous creator why a chrome plated beetle from Costa Rica I have no idea lol.
scale.jpeg

Last edited: