God "CREATED" -- What it actually means.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, Jesus returned to heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father until he would take the Kingship at the end of the appointed times of the nations.

I guess it might be best if you state the beginning and ending of that time period, I explained my beliefs on it, it started with the removal of Zedekiah and ended with the enthronement of Jesus.
That was the error of the early church which continues, that of not believing Jesus would return "quickly" and all that He said "must shortly take place."

On the contrary, after all authority had been given to Him in heaven and on earth, He said, "lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I am referring to an allegorical interpretation of Scripture. By this I mean those who say in some way shape or form "The Bible says this, but this is what it really means."

There is only one interpretation of Scripture, but for a passage that is not a doc trinal command, there can be many applications. but application is not interpretation. By this I mean- when God said there were six days of creation- there were only six days of Creation. Or when Jonah was swallowed by a large fish- He was. As a jail chaplain, I spent 4 months on Jonah and applications to be learned from this true account, but Jonah actually took place.
Of course those things written took place...as I said, they are the history of this world.

But the issue that I am pointing out is not against that, but against the idea that there (to use your word) is nothing allegorical about most of scripture. In fact most of what you just referred to is allegorical if not simply foreshadowing or a sign. I mean, Jesus referred to Jonah as a sign. And when God worked for six days in the creation and then He rested...has that not been referred to even in the scriptures as a foreshadowing of us entering into His rest? Indeed, it has.

So...during these times of all truth being revealed by the Spirit of Truth after being sent by Jesus, to elaborate on that basis is most appropriate. Not that all who make claims of spiritual origin are from God, but come on...to quench the Spirit that is from God, is surely against Christ. But if you do not hear it as such, the lack of hearing is not on God or those who hear Him. Nor should it be looked at as a sign of not coming from God, as different gifts are only received by those to whom they are given. Just as one who does not have the gift of teaching, should not teach, so too, one who does not have the gift of knowledge is in no position to judge what is right or wrong. God knows, and the end is directed according to the steps He guides according to His purpose, which cannot be altered--for He has spoken and the victory is won.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when you have 30 believers discerning a passage 30 different ways- who is right? How you seem to be saying this is the major problem in the church today! People are busy reinterpreting Scripture so that they no longer teach the Word of God, but their spiritually discerned reinterpretation.

the natural man does not even understand or accept teh bible as written! Spiritual discernment is understanding what Gods inpsired to be written and not what we should read between the lines.
First of all...why do you question what has been ordained by God through Christ, that we should see His spirit poured out upon all flesh and be lead into all truth? As for "who is right"--I will say with the backing of all scripture: Questioning God's own plans and purpose in this way--is wrong.

But I will also answer as a brother... We are a body of many members and many God-given gifts, and yes, many wrongly use them resulting in many even being directed astray. But, do remember, His strength is [purposely] made perfect in weakness--our weakness. Can anything be against God's purpose, that is not allowed by Him? No. And for this reason, we who are entering into His rest--can indeed rest, and rest assured that all is well in spite of what it would appear. Remember also, that it was by the presumed failure of Jesus, that victory has come to all who are His. And I tell you, another sting is now unfolding. Rest.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is too mystical for me.
Which is fine, even allowed for.

For example: Should just anyone be an iron worker on high rise buildings? Is it just fine for some, even most, to stay with their feet on the ground? Of course!

But should the high rise worker tell the people in the street they are wrong and should join them and not be afraid? Certainly not. And likewise, should those on the street call down those walking on high without fear, as if all should stay below, or that man was not made to reach such heights? But what of explaining that which is going on above...should the iron worker not explain?

The best word of course comes from God, whom put a stop to men building themselves up, but also raises those up who love Him. Both are according to His purpose.​

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course those things written took place...as I said, they are the history of this world.

But the issue that I am pointing out is not against that, but against the idea that there (to use your word) is nothing allegorical about most of scripture. In fact most of what you just referred to is allegorical if not simply foreshadowing or a sign. I mean, Jesus referred to Jonah as a sign. And when God worked for six days in the creation and then He rested...has that not been referred to even in the scriptures as a foreshadowing of us entering into His rest? Indeed, it has.

So...during these times of all truth being revealed by the Spirit of Truth after being sent by Jesus, to elaborate on that basis is most appropriate. Not that all who make claims of spiritual origin are from God, but come on...to quench the Spirit that is from God, is surely against Christ. But if you do not hear it as such, the lack of hearing is not on God or those who hear Him. Nor should it be looked at as a sign of not coming from God, as different gifts are only received by those to whom they are given. Just as one who does not have the gift of teaching, should not teach, so too, one who does not have the gift of knowledge is in no position to judge what is right or wrong. God knows, and the end is directed according to the steps He guides according to His purpose, which cannot be altered--for He has spoken and the victory is won.

The way you write is very troublesome. It is just like those who claim revelation from god to tell us what a verse actually means! Just letting you know.

Yes jesus referred to Jonah as a sign. but that is not the primary reason Jonah was swallowed. No one has a deep enough relationship to know the hows and whys of how God worked out events in history so they also can be used as types and shadows, unless He reveals them to us. Everything else is mere guesswork and we have an enormous amount of cults and believersx wandering in the wilderness because they have privately interpreted the Word.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all...why do you question what has been ordained by God through Christ, that we should see His spirit poured out upon all flesh and be lead into all truth? As for "who is right"--I will say with the backing of all scripture: Questioning God's own plans and purpose in this way--is wrong.

But I will also answer as a brother... We are a body of many members and many God-given gifts, and yes, many wrongly use them resulting in many even being directed astray. But, do remember, His strength is [purposely] made perfect in weakness--our weakness. Can anything be against God's purpose, that is not allowed by Him? No. And for this reason, we who are entering into His rest--can indeed rest, and rest assured that all is well in spite of what it would appear. Remember also, that it was by the presumed failure of Jesus, that victory has come to all who are His. And I tell you, another sting is now unfolding. Rest.

Once again it is how you word your answers that is most troublesome. The bible is all the truth we will be given and enlightened to learn and gorw in it.

If you implying there are more doctrinal truths to be learned- y9ou are mistaken like all the legions of others who have gone down that road.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is fine, even allowed for.

For example: Should just anyone be an iron worker on high rise buildings? Is it just fine for some, even most, to stay with their feet on the ground? Of course!

But should the high rise worker tell the people in the street they are wrong and should join them and not be afraid? Certainly not. And likewise, should those on the street call down those walking on high without fear, as if all should stay below, or that man was not made to reach such heights? But what of explaining that which is going on above...should the iron worker not explain?

The best word of course comes from God, whom put a stop to men building themselves up, but also raises those up who love Him. Both are according to His purpose.​

Well god tells those who are to be iron workers. It is not for a man to do so. God has not appointed any men to delve into teh hearts of others. It is rare and usually only for the elders of a believer to share with them a calling from God. Usually it is a confirmation of what teh believer already knew and was may be struggling. Lots of what ifs and maybes to go down this road you speak of. It is also fraught with many traps and pitfalls for those who profess to have this special insight.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way you write is very troublesome. It is just like those who claim revelation from god to tell us what a verse actually means! Just letting you know.

Yes jesus referred to Jonah as a sign. but that is not the primary reason Jonah was swallowed. No one has a deep enough relationship to know the hows and whys of how God worked out events in history so they also can be used as types and shadows, unless He reveals them to us. Everything else is mere guesswork and we have an enormous amount of cults and believersx wandering in the wilderness because they have privately interpreted the Word.
God is not in the business of guesswork.

Are there not many gods, but One true God?

Your fear is of no service, but the truth being told is...in spite of the great amount that is false.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again it is how you word your answers that is most troublesome. The bible is all the truth we will be given and enlightened to learn and gorw in it.

If you implying there are more doctrinal truths to be learned- y9ou are mistaken like all the legions of others who have gone down that road.
No---You are speaking against what Christ has said and arranged. All that is written on parchment is not all truth, not biblically.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well god tells those who are to be iron workers. It is not for a man to do so. God has not appointed any men to delve into teh hearts of others. It is rare and usually only for the elders of a believer to share with them a calling from God. Usually it is a confirmation of what teh believer already knew and was may be struggling. Lots of what ifs and maybes to go down this road you speak of. It is also fraught with many traps and pitfalls for those who profess to have this special insight.
No--you are under the wrong impression. That is not how God works.

God chooses the least of people (that none should boast). And when He does, rare as it may be, it is from God.

But who has delved into the hearts of men? God has.

As for confirmation--did Nicodemus have confirmation as if he already knew, or did he rather not even imagine what he was told? Did the many who walked away from following Jesus after hearing that they must eat His flesh and drink His blood, already know He was telling the truth?

Again, no, that is not how things work...and I should think you know that already.

But, Yes...things do seem crazy at first.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was the error of the early church which continues, that of not believing Jesus would return "quickly" and all that He said "must shortly take place."

On the contrary, after all authority had been given to Him in heaven and on earth, He said, "lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Simply what the Bible says Scott. Not hard to understand sir.

Reactions: Cassandra

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No---You are speaking against what Christ has said and arranged. All that is written on parchment is not all truth, not biblically.

All that is in the Bible is all truth. Things not written were not deemed worthy of preservation as inspired Scripture by God.

Reactions: Cassandra

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No--you are under the wrong impression. That is not how God works.

God chooses the least of people (that none should boast). And when He does, rare as it may be, it is from God.

But who has delved into the hearts of men? God has.

As for confirmation--did Nicodemus have confirmation as if he already knew, or did he rather not even imagine what he was told? Did the many who walked away from following Jesus after hearing that they must eat His flesh and drink His blood, already know He was telling the truth?

Again, no, that is not how things work...and I should think you know that already.

But, Yes...things do seem crazy at first.

We think they are our decisions, but they all belong to God. Like in Phil. it is God who works in us to will and to do His pleasure.

Nicodemus was born again all the ways He could be. so he had to ask if he had to go back into his mothers womb. there weere 6 possible ways in Judaism a person could be born again.

Yes it is how it works. there is no more Scripture to be written. god has not placed people to read minds, and there is no special revelations about what SCripture really means. There may be new ways at looking at a verse to know how to apply it in our lives, but that is application and not interpretation.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does this word salad mean?
It means that God has indeed hidden a treasure in this field, and there is no reward for speaking against those who dig to find it--but just the opposite: To those who have, more shall be given. Meaning, there is indeed a reward for those who find it and hold it dear as being greater than every other thing that life--especially in the world--has to offer.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that is in the Bible is all truth. Things not written were not deemed worthy of preservation as inspired Scripture by God.
No...that is not biblical.

What was written in the Bible, does not elaborate "all truth", all that is to be written in our hearts, nor does it fulfill all the books that could be written:

John 21:25
And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We think they are our decisions, but they all belong to God. Like in Phil. it is God who works in us to will and to do His pleasure.

Nicodemus was born again all the ways He could be. so he had to ask if he had to go back into his mothers womb. there weere 6 possible ways in Judaism a person could be born again.

Yes it is how it works. there is no more Scripture to be written. god has not placed people to read minds, and there is no special revelations about what SCripture really means. There may be new ways at looking at a verse to know how to apply it in our lives, but that is application and not interpretation.
No...the gauge of how many ways a person could be born is not the Jews, but Jesus, who listed only two ways.

As for "no more scriptures to be written", it is like the Spirit, where what is not seen is greater than what is seen.

But you are completely off it you measure all that God is by the limits of the Bible. Is the Bible infinite? No--but God is, and all that God is He has promised to give to those who love Him according to His purpose--which “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” Which--no--is not all in the Bible.

There is more.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God "CREATED" -- What it actually means.
this is so difficult to understand.....just like 'though shalt surely die'

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why then do you repeat the error of the early church, believing and propagating the idea that ‘My master is delaying his coming’, and that He did not take His throne when He said?

Those words are Jesus' words sir, and because most of us believed this system would have came to it's conclusion some yrs back, some of the bride of Christ left the faith. I personally thought the end would have came before 1984 because of the words of Ps 90:10. I was wrong! One of my sisters felt it would go on much longer because of what you said, my master is delaying. It has to be near as that generation is quite old now, but clearly it would appear so late that some of Jesus' anointed sheep would leave because it appeared, and yes only appears to be delayed. When Jesus states something, it will happen sir, and not on our time table.