God hates the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Matthew. I hope you're doing better. May I ask Jack's question a different way?

16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. 17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2:15-17

What does God love? And by both implication and direct commandment (see Matthew 5:43-45 et. al.), what are we also told to love?

What are we told not to love?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we're promised God WILL redeem His Creation:

19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. - Romans 8:19-22

This hasn't happened yet. But it will. God promised.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Lambano,

When will God redeem his creation?
Has God still yet to reconcile the world unto himself and sin not done away with yet?

My viewpoint is - Death. And its not to be cryptic; its just that death has been around alot longer than me and death took out Jesus and he overcame it being raised again by God. Then he went up to heaven came back down from heaven gathered the elect at the time and went back into the heavenly kingdom in the twinkling of an eye.

Somewhere in the bible it says a wise person thinks about death while a foolish person thinks about having a good time; im a combination of both.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When will God redeem his creation?
Has God still yet to reconcile the world unto himself and sin not done away with yet?
Exactly.

Namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their wrongdoings against them, and committing to us the word of reconciliation. - 2 Corinthians 5:19

You may not be a Greek-geek like me, but the present-active tense of "… in Christ is reconciling the world…” indicates that the reconciliation process is still ongoing. And a visual check with your mark-I eyeballs will tell you that Sin and Death are still running rampant, and Creation is still into Bondage.

We don't know when God will redeem Creation; we can only live in hope and trust that He loves His Creation and promises to redeem it.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont believe that @Lambano. You are more than free though to believe it has not happened yet. I believe it was actively happening then and wrapped up in revelation.

I think he did it when he fulfilled all
The promises made…

But many people suggest we dont know; we arent sure; we dont believe that yet; it hasnt happened so on and so forth friend.

I choose to believe God, Jesus, hos disciples and they were successful back then; not in the “process” of being succesful today…

That seems a little backwards.

And i guess that is why it takes faith but again there are different measures of faith; and im not trying to down play you or anyone else that still doesnt believe Jesus Christ has had the total victory today.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you see the World?

That is a good question for anyone to answer.

The only world I see is the one which I subject myself too... If I watch the news all the time; or focus on the world in the sense of trying to fix social ills, of course it's always gonna be seen as bad.

And I am not saying the world is truly good either - but it has become better...

Shoot back in the day you would go to jail, and crucified for having faith in Christ, or head CHOPPED OFF.

Come on, you guys... there has to be something good that has come since the death, burial, resurrection, and victory of Christ.

Unless you yet to believe and hope that was as reality then yeah, everyone needs to shape up and be ready for the coming of Christ, and it needs to be those over in Asia Minor... or just churches in general gonna have to shape up cause Jesus says a lot in the Revelation.

But many people just put Revelation on the back burner because it is such a Jewish book. Do not need it some will say.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16?
John 3:16 is VERY conditional.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
He who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Satan LOVES Universalism!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Jack,

Is Gods love for the world conditional though? Or is that unconditional?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Jack,

Is Gods love for the world conditional though? Or is that unconditional?
Do you know the Biblical penalty for removing "hell fire", "everlasting fire", "lake of fire", "furnace of fire", "eternal punishment" that Jesus clearly warned us of from the Christian Bible?

Hint:
Revelation 22

If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matthew,
I have to agree with Jack and Lambado. If all was said and done, why is there still death, tears, suffering and getting worse all over.

Sin abounds, hence the love of MANY has grown cold, can you not feel it even? Nobody cares about others anymore, or if they do, it's only those whom they love. I have to wonder if God's love towards individuals is really unconditional.
Just today I was reading this, what does this mean, really? That God only loves those who love Him? (Obeys Him)

Proverbs 8:17 Context

14 "Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. 15By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. 16By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. 17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. 18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. 19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. 20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment"

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matthew,
I have to agree with Jack and Lambado. If all was said and done, why is there still death, tears, suffering and getting worse all over.
That is okay you can agree with whom ever you desire to agree with.

Why is there still death, tears, and suffering ?

Have you forgotten as a Christian you are to die to yourself?
Which can bring tears? And you are also called to suffer for Christ?

If those are obligations of the Christian walk; why does the death, tears, and suffering that happens today still bother you so much?

When one becomes spiritually born again, seeking after God, and looking towards the hope of one day going to be with the family of believers - doesn't that give spiritual comfort in knowing that death is ended, tears do stop, and so does suffering.
Sin abounds, hence the love of MANY has grown cold, can you not feel it even?
I am hateful person sometimes... I can be very cold.
Are you able to say the same thing?
The only warmth that ever comes from me is by and through the Spirit...
Nobody cares about others anymore, or if they do, it's only those whom they love.
Awe, that is just perceptional take on the world at large by you, yourself.

Are you someone who tries to reach out and care for another person? Is it legal to compare yourself to the world? Idk... I can only assess myself and how I am acting or behaving (sometimes you have to assess situations that may come around and the law may need to be called on someone else at times).

I know I use to pm people here but I dont really care to do that anymore... even as I continue to recover from meth.

anyway...
I have to wonder if God's love towards individuals is really unconditional.
Idk... why did he willingly send his son ... by no condition at all given...
That is something you need to address for you yourself.
I believe completely God loves everyone unbeliever, or believer and he desires for people to know the truth.
Just today I was reading this, what does this mean, really? That God only loves those who love Him? (Obeys Him)

Proverbs 8:17 Context

14 "Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. 15By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. 16By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. 17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. 18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. 19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. 20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment"
There is great wisdom founded in the bible but what does that got to do with God not having any love for the world? It is true that God loves them, who love him, but God also loved the World he sent his son...

Unless the bible is just a lie and God doesn't even exist, and Jesus never came...

and when you die there is nothing that happens.

No Kingdom, outside or inside... just black voided space...

That doesn't sound like hope at all...

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is okay you can agree with whom ever you desire to agree with.

Why is there still death, tears, and suffering ?

Have you forgotten as a Christian you are to die to yourself?
Which can bring tears? And you are also called to suffer for Christ?

If those are obligations of the Christian walk; why does the death, tears, and suffering that happens today still bother you so much?

When one becomes spiritually born again, seeking after God, and looking towards the hope of one day going to be with the family of believers - doesn't that give spiritual comfort in knowing that death is ended, tears do stop, and so does suffering.

I am hateful person sometimes... I can be very cold.
Are you able to say the same thing?
The only warmth that ever comes from me is by and through the Spirit...

Awe, that is just perceptional take on the world at large by you yourself.
Are you someone who tries to reach out and care for another person?

I know I use to pm people here but I dont really care to do that anymore... even as I continue to recover from meth.

anyway...

Idk... why did he willingly send his son ... by no condition at all given...
That is something you need to address for you yourself.
I believe completely God loves everyone unbeliever, or believer and he desires for people to know the truth.

There is great wisdom founded in the bible but what does that got to do with God not having any love for the world? It is true that God loves them, who love him, but God also loved the World he sent his son...

Unless the bible i just a lie and God doesn't even exist, and Jesus never came...
So your god loves everybody but lets them suffer immeasurably. But you don't believe Jesus who warned us of Hell fire!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is a whole lot better compared to when you use to be put in Jail, for beleiving in Christ, or having your head cut off @Nancy...

or THE WITCH HUNTS OF THE 1800 hundreds, people being burned at the stake.

I mean ... people cry today over the social ills of america and it is really a waste of time if you ask me; and I am not running for president.

The human race is a hateful race... an arrogant race... a spoiled race...

that should be thankful for life they are given today, and make the most of out of their time while they have life...

and that is all I really have to say @Nancy cause from my perspective I dont see the world as all that bad... it use to be a whole lot worse...

but people have their likes and dislikes... and free to have their perceptions.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is a whole lot better compared to when you use to be put in Jail, for beleiving in Christ, or having your head cut off @Nancy...

or THE WITCH HUNTS OF THE 1800 hundreds, people being burned at the stake.

I mean ... people cry today over the social ills of america and it is really a waste of time if you ask me; and I am not running for president.

The human race is a hateful race... an arrogant race... a spoiled race...

that should be thankful for life they are given today, and make the most of out of their time while they have life...

and that is all I really have to say @Nancy cause from my perspective I dont see the world as all that bad... it use to be a whole lot worse...

but people have their likes and dislikes...
Which world do you live in? US big cities are filled with murder and crime. Decent people FEAR for their lives.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No @Jack, cause you are someone who is set in your own ways with no desire to change on your thought perception of people burning in hell forever and ever and ever, and there is no reason to engage any of that for me personally cause it's up to people to go and look and do their own study and really pray and ask God about it because you could be wrong, I could even be wrong, but all we have is faith in beliving that God is love, and he will do justly.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No @Jack, cause you are someone who is set in your own ways with no desire to change on your thought perception of people burning in hell forever and ever and ever, and there is no reason to engage any of that for me personally cause it's up to people to go and look and do their own study and really pray and ask God about it because you could be wrong, I could even be wrong, but all we have is faith in beliving that God is love, and he will do justly.
If you are right Jesus is wrong.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, Guess we will find out when we die @Jack. I dont put myself over Jesus Christ, but there is narrative and context given that people should really look into; cause just going on "I believe the bible is literal and you need to take everything in that book literally", just doesn't pan out for some people, even myself... so im glad there is freedom in Christ Jesus by the Spirit. And the Spirit leads to all things that are good and loving... thank God, and if God is good and loving, he has a good and loving purpose for everything that has been mentioned with-in the context of the bible.

See ya next time, my friend as I dont care to continue to converse with you.

(yes I am jerk so it's whatever I dont mind what people think of me).