God hates the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God hate the world, and he gonna destroy it. He gonna put humans in a pit of fire and let them flail around while he is gloried by the host of Heaven who sings him praise.

Got the picture?

Thats not true at all.

God loved the world (everyone in it), that is why He sent his Word, who later after resurrection became the only begotten Son.

No where does it ever say God will destroy the earth again; and in fact its gonna be established still once you leave here. The lake of fire is some type of purging of darkness out of another and comes from God in my opinion and its not as evil as one may think but for a purpose of good.

Why is it people hate on the world?

Hasnt it got better? Rather than worse?

What is your perception?

Reactions: Lambano

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

If the world is "our own little world of temptations and sin then did not Jesus provide us with the means to do what he did: overcome it?

Forget about planet Earth. It is a lump of dirt with no Life at all. The lump of earth that might be important to God might be the lump of dirt which is our physical body. [Is it a vessel holding the real us?] Is that physical body not a part of our stewardship from God? What kind of stewards are we over all, which God has given us dominion?

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Cassandra

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No where does it ever say God will destroy the earth again"

2 Peter 3:4 - And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?
for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of,
that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Mark 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Rev 20:11 - And I saw a great white throne,
and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away;
and there was found no place for them.

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:4 - And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?
for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of,
that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Mark 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Rev 20:11 - And I saw a great white throne,
and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away;
and there was found no place for them.

What does all those text mean? Do i need to take it literally verbatim or is there a thought process to it? Jews tended to exaggerate to some degree and also they seen the land God gave them as “their heaven and earth”, because they were Gods chosen nation. You quoted some things that are only partial in understanding what they mean by taking them literally; though Jerusalm went up in flames and burnt down the Material Nation; swapped for a Heavenly Nation; due to divorcing Israel.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

If the world is "our own little world of temptations and sin then did not Jesus provide us with the means to do what he did: overcome it?

Forget about planet Earth. It is a lump of dirt with no Life at all. The lump of earth that might be important to God might be the lump of dirt which is our physical body. [Is it a vessel holding the real us?] Is that physical body not a part of our stewardship from God? What kind of stewards are we over all, which God has given us dominion?

Earth is filled with God given life, deer, fish, cows, insects, cats and dogs, new born babies, amazing food to eat and sights to see. God gave this world, life when he created also the humans.

Im talking about the world does God hate it? Or not?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people who are christian hate the world at large. And believe God hates it too.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that really true though considering all of the context in the bible? The overall big and final picture what has God really done for this world in general?

Has he not be able to reconcile it back to himself?
Is that even a biblical statement?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God hate the world, and he gonna destroy it. He gonna put humans in a pit of fire and let them flail around while he is gloried by the host of Heaven who sings him praise.

Got the picture?

Thats not true at all.

God loved the world (everyone in it), that is why He sent his Word, who later after resurrection became the only begotten Son.

No where does it ever say God will destroy the earth again; and in fact its gonna be established still once you leave here. The lake of fire is some type of purging of darkness out of another and comes from God in my opinion and its not as evil as one may think but for a purpose of good.

Why is it people hate on the world?

Hasnt it got better? Rather than worse?

What is your perception?
My perception is that you are severely twisting the Bible. God burns those in Hell "forever and ever" who reject Him.

Reactions: dadman

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for deciding to share Jack.

The question though is

“Does God hate the world?”

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for deciding to share Jack.

The question though is

“Does God hate the world?”
Define "the world".

Psalm 11
5 The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thank you Jack. You are still on the ignore list. Thank you for commenting again, rather not get conjected into a horrible debate even though this is a debate forum.

The question still remains is does God hate the world, and you are more than welcome and should bee encouraged to look defintions up for yourself, and express and share what your overall thoughts are.

Thank yiu for understanding (there is nothing wrong with using the ignore button; its there for a purpose, to not get conjected into to heated discussions when one gets ticked off by overconsumation; know yourself).

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thank you Jack. You are still on the ignore list. Thank you for commenting again, rather not get conjected into a horrible debate even though this is a debate forum.

The question still remains is does God hate the world, and you are more than welcome and should bee encouraged to look defintions up for yourself, and express and share what your overall thoughts are.

Thank yiu for understanding (there is nothing wrong with using the ignore button; its there for a purpose, to not get conjected into to heated discussions when one gets ticked off by overconsumation; know yourself).
So don't get "ticked off". Just debate. If you can't define "the world" then why ask?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So don't get "ticked off". Just debate. If you can't define "the world" then why ask?
Oh its just a precaution; protection.

Why did you ask me the question to define it for you if you are not willingly to seek yourself?

What does world mean? Do i go by websters dictionary, greek dictionary, hebrew dictonary? What would you go by? And what is the greek translation and the word used, as close to the true definition you can get at least?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh its just a precaution; protection.

Why did you ask me the question to define it for you if you are not willingly to seek yourself?

What does world mean? Do i go by websters dictionary, greek dictionary, hebrew dictonary?
"The world" was YOUR comment. Why do you want me to define it for you?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess it doesnt matter does it?

No time to worry about it Jack. :)

I dont really desire to converse with you.

Thank you for your comments, and suggestions.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess it doesnt matter does it?

No time to worry about it Jack. :)

I dont really desire to converse with you.

Thank you for your comments, and suggestions.
Scripture upsets lots of 'Christians'.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earth is filled with God given life, deer, fish, cows, insects, cats and dogs, new born babies, amazing food to eat and sights to see. God gave this world, life when he created also the humans.

Im talking about the world does God hate it? Or not?
No. He hates sin. He hates the things which bind men keeping them from doing the good He has for them to do. He hates the uninhabitable parts of our little bit of earth.

Da 3:22Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
Da 3:23And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
Da 3:24Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
Da 3:25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
The men serving evil purposes were slain by the heat. The ropes which bound the three men serving God were burned up leaving them free to walk with the Son of God. What was left was the "good", was it not? It was symbolic at least of the real Life, was it not?
Did not Jesus bring the really abundant Life, did he not?

Joh 10:10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is not something that worries me Jack. Its abusive people who force scripture down peoples throats and demean them that worries me; and just let it be in Gods hands…

I cant control every situation with people and they need the ability to have freedom to think, and choose for themselves is such an important thing.

The Spirit in my opinion is primary ; while scripture is just referincal… you may not see it that way but Scripture doesnt have any authority nor is there any person here in the world with “spiritual authority”.

So therefore; i just shrug, @Jack.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 11
5 The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.