God Says,"I Knew You Before You were Born".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Surely you don't think God saw a soulless, body without a spirit???

Yup!!! Bible says the body thing in the womb is just a disposable "earthly tent". No soul nor spirit until the fetus is born and God breathes into it the "breath of life".

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"I've found a Friend, O such a Friend;
He loved me, e'er I knew Him."

1 John 4.19: "We love him, because he first loved us."

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup!!! Bible says the body thing in the womb is just a disposable "earthly tent". No soul nor spirit until the fetus is born and God breathes into it the "breath of life".
So in your view, when does the soul begin? When is it created? Do you believe we always existed? If that were the case you would have a hair to stand on (but still crazy position).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is body,soul,spirt and God knows us before we are born.
With your own eyes you saw my body being formed. Even before I was born, you had written in your book everything about me. Psalm 139:16-18

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With your own eyes you saw my body being formed. Even before I was born, you had written in your book everything about me. Psalm 139:16-18
His agenda is to exclude certain scriptures that speak of life in the womb because he advocates for killing babies (abortion). It's not worth it or profitable to even acknowledge him since he doesn't believe the entire scripture.

I don't think this is meant to be an abortion thread. Instead, I'll share scripture that correlates to your OP.

Jeremiah 1:4-5
[4]Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
[5]Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Reactions: GISMYS_7 and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! "“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." - Jeremiah 1:5a
His agenda is to exclude certain scriptures that speak of life in the womb because he advocates for killing babies (abortion). It's not worth it or profitable to even acknowledge him since he doesn't believe the entire scripture.

I don't think this is meant to be an abortion thread. Instead, I'll share scripture that correlates to your OP.

Jeremiah 1:4-5
[4]Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
[5]Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Hey, that's not fair! Lol I was just about to post my reply but you beat me to it! Lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My first memory is of before I was in the womb. My old pastor had the same experience. I'm sure many others have also had it. Like Jeremiah.
I have no doubt that life begins the moment the Lord brings us into existence, and that is before we are in the womb.
In my opinion, abortion is murder.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! "“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." - Jeremiah 1:5a

Hey, that's not fair! Lol I was just about to post my reply but you beat me to it! Lol
proxy-image

Reactions: Truman

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 44:1-2
[1]Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:
[2]Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 49:1
[1]Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

This verse says that God knew and mentioned his name while he was still in his mother's womb.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yes, He knew us before we were born. In fact He knew us before the foundation of the world: "He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him."

It seems that we have to define the word "born", which means to "Come into existence as a result of birth."

And when does birth take place? The Bible makes it very clear when that happens as with the birth of Adam: “The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7)

After conception a fetus begins to develop. The meaning of the word fetus is "An unborn or unhatched offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human more than eight weeks after conception."

The soul and spirit of man enters when God breaths into him the breath, i.e. spirit, of life.

The body as Paul describes it is an "earthly tent" to accommodate the soul and spirit while here on earth. When the body dies, God says man's body comes from dust, and will return to the dust from when it came And the spirit returns to God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7

It is just common sense, that God breathes into the nostrils of a fetus before a fetus even has nostrils. God does not breathe the soul and spirit into an infant until it has exited the womb and is able to breathe!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture clearly states that babies in the womb are alive (have life, and a soul).

Leviticus 17:11
[11]For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The word translated "life" is this....

Hebrew: נפשׁ
Transliteration: nephesh
Pronunciation: neh'-fesh
Definition: From H5314; properly a breathing {creature} that {is} animal or (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a {literal} accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental): - {any} {appetite} {beast} {body} {breath} {creature} X dead ({-ly}) {desire} X [dis-] {contented} X {fish} {ghost} + {greedy} {he} heart ({-y}) ({hath} X jeopardy of) life (X in {jeopardy}) {lust} {man} {me} {mind} {mortality} {one} {own} {person} {pleasure} ({her-} {him-} {my-} thy-) {self} them (your) {-selves} + {slay} {soul} + {tablet} {they} {thing} (X she) {will} X would have it.
KJV Usage: soul (475x), life (117x), person (29x), mind (15x), heart (15x), creature (9x), body (8x), himself (8x), yourselves (6x), dead (5x), will (4x), desire (4x), man (3x), themselves (3x), any (3x), appetite (2x), misc (47x).
Occurs: 753
In verses: 683

In the womb, a baby's heart begins beating between around 3.5 weeks from conception. At that time, the heart is pumping and drawing nutrients and oxygen through the placenta. The heart is pumping blood. And scripture states that life is in the blood. According to the original Hebrew meaning of the word translated "life", the baby with a heart pumping blood has a soul and is "a breathing creature."

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture clearly states that babies in the womb are alive (have life, and a soul).

[11]For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The word translated "life" is this....

Hebrew: נפשׁ
Transliteration: nephesh
Pronunciation: neh'-fesh
Definition: From H5314; properly a breathing {creature} that {is} animal or (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a {literal} accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental): - {any} {appetite} {beast} {body} {breath} {creature} X dead ({-ly}) {desire} X [dis-] {contented} X {fish} {ghost} + {greedy} {he} heart ({-y}) ({hath} X jeopardy of) life (X in {jeopardy}) {lust} {man} {me} {mind} {mortality} {one} {own} {person} {pleasure} ({her-} {him-} {my-} thy-) {self} them (your) {-selves} + {slay} {soul} + {tablet} {they} {thing} (X she) {will} X would have it.
KJV Usage: soul (475x), life (117x), person (29x), mind (15x), heart (15x), creature (9x), body (8x), himself (8x), yourselves (6x), dead (5x), will (4x), desire (4x), man (3x), themselves (3x), any (3x), appetite (2x), misc (47x).
Occurs: 753
In verses: 683

In the womb, a baby's heart begins beating between around 3.5 weeks from conception. At that time, the heart is pumping and drawing nutrients and oxygen through the placenta. The heart is pumping blood. And scripture states that life is in the blood. According to the original Hebrew meaning of the word translated "life", the baby with a heart pumping blood has a soul and is "a breathing creature."
"Nephesh" doesn't imply that a person is given a soul. "Nephesh" implies that a living creature is a soul. That's why the Bible says a person's life is in their blood.

Reactions: Cassandra

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[11]For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul
Yeah, that passage is talking about the blood of animals that are to be sacrificed.

If you honestly believe that has anything to do with a fetus in a womb, then go for it! I believe it is total unrelated nonsense.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isaiah 49:1
[1]Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

This verse says that God knew and mentioned his name while he was still in his mother's womb.
Not all that significant. Scripture says he knew us all before the foundation of the world. So what's your point?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Nephesh" doesn't imply that a person is given a soul. "Nephesh" implies that a living creature is a soul. That's why the Bible says a person's life is in their blood.
And . . . At birth, God breathes into us the real us, the SPIRIT of life. You can find information on that in a book called the Bible.