God's Desire is that All Men be Saved!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it can.

If I have all the Bibles in the world, it can also be said that I have many.
You are ignoring the actual issue. Not only did Jesus say many, and not all, He said He only lays down His life for the sheep. Now, unless you are a universalist, that doesn't mean every individual person.

So again, who is right? Jesus or Paul?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not changing the subject by any means.

I find that Calvinism denies the reality of what Jesus said in John 6:37...that whoever comes to Him He will in no wise cast out.

If only those whom God has chosen can be redeemed, then that means that if you aren't chosen, you cannot be redeemed no matter how hard you follow after Him...and this means that the Lord casts out many who seek Him and come to Him.

If God has not chosen me, and I do not in any sense choose Him, then no amount of my choosing Him/coming to Him is going to avail to obtain salvation for me. If He has not chosen me, then I cannot be redeemed.

I say to you truly that this aspect of Calvinism is contrary to holy scripture and Jesus' words.

It also promotes a defeatist attitude in the body of Christ...so that people will not evangelize in order to get people to make a decision for Christ...because in Calvinism, such a thing is not the issue.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus inspired what Paul wrote...so if Jesus is right then Paul is right.
You are still dodging. If you want the real answer, when Paul says ransom for all, if you look at context, he is not talking about individuals, just as Jesus did not say all individuals but only the sheep. Never once does the bible say died as ransom for all people meaning all individuals.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that Calvinism denies the reality of what Jesus said in John 6:37...that whoever comes to Him He will in no wise cast out.
You are ignoring the first part of that verse. It says the ones the Father GIVES are the ones that come. Nobody comes on their own.

If only those whom God has chosen can be redeemed, then that means that if you aren't chosen, you cannot be redeemed no matter how hard you follow after Him...and this means that the Lord casts out many who seek Him and come to Him.
Nobody seeks God. Romans 3:10-12

I say to you truly that this aspect of Calvinism is contrary to holy scripture and Jesus' words.
How?

It also promotes a defeatist attitude in the body of Christ...so that people will not evangelize in order to get people to make a decision for Christ...because in Calvinism, such a thing is not the issue.
No. God has chosen the evangelism of the people through His Word to be the agent of saving faith and knowledge. Calvinists have been some of the heaviest evangelists throughout history.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. God has chosen the evangelism of the people through His Word to be the agent of saving faith and knowledge. Calvinists have been some of the heaviest evangelists throughout history.
But there is no point to it.

God chooses them, they don't choose God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You disagree but also didn't engage with the arguments? Guess you aren't wanting honest discussion then and are just brainwashed into your humanist thinking.
No, I just see in 1 Timothy 2:6 what you do not. What is the point of arguing?