God's Desire is that All Men be Saved!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows beforehand who will choose Him and chooses them accordingly.
Yeah that is foresight, not foreknowledge. He foreknew them in an INTIMATE sense. He selected them. Chose them. Has nothing to do with what they would or would not do. That is a works based salvation. Salvation is from God alone by his grace alone.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is everybody. But it completely blows your theory that Christ died for all individuals outright out of the water unless God actually selects all individuals which He does not.

Actually, God draws all people to Him; but not all people respond in faith to that drawing of their souls to Him.

He selects those whom He knows will receive Him. Because He is outside of time; and He knows the end from the beginning.

Yeah that is foresight, not foreknowledge.

I disagree (foresight is not a word that we find in the Bible).

Has nothing to do with what they would or would not do. That is a works based salvation.

I disagree. Calling on the name of the Lord is not a work; because it does in fact save (Romans 10:9-13).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I didn't. You did. I said the Bible was not written in English.
That is bringing up the kjv-only controversy in my eyes.

I said I was speaking to you in plain English and you brought up the origins of the Bible.

I don't think that I am the one who has been trolling here.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, God draws all people to Him; but not all people respond in faith to that drawing of their souls to Him.

He selects those whom He knows will receive Him. Because He is outside of time; and He knows the end from the beginning.
All individuals? Or all types of people both Jew and Gentile? Cite your verse.

I disagree.
Doesn't matter if you agree or not, I'm telling you what the Greek means.

I disagree. Calling on the name of the Lord is not a work; because it does in fact save (Romans 10:9-13).
Now you are moving the goalposts and talking about something different.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is bringing up the kjv-only controversy in my eyes.
No, it isn't. That's just nonsense.

I said I was speaking to you in plain English and you brought up the origins of the Bible.
The origins are important. Because you said "it says it in plain English." Except English is not the original.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is today written in English. You cannot dispute that.
It is today TRANSLATED into English. The Scriptures were only written once. And they were written to a specific people at a specific time in a specific place. They are for our benefit but they were not written to us and definitely were not written in English.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All individuals? Or all types of people both Jew and Gentile? Cite your verse.

I am growing tired of this debate. Because I know that you have the Calvinistic interpretation of every verse that I might bring up to say that Jesus died for all men. I just don't see those verses the same way you do. So, we will have to agree to disagree.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am growing tired of this debate. Because I know that you have the Calvinistic interpretation of every verse that I might bring up to say that Jesus died for all men. I just don't see those verses the same way you do. So, we will have to agree to disagree.
It's not a matter of how you see it, it is a matter of what it actually says.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I don't feel like arguing today. You are going to have to argue with someone else.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is today TRANSLATED into English. The Scriptures were only written once. And they were written to a specific people at a specific time in a specific place. They are for our benefit but they were not written to us and definitely were not written in English.
I'm back, to say, can you read them off the page, in English? then it is written in English.