God's Grace keeps on giving the Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you believe in Antinomianism? I can't remember. If you never heard the term, just google it.

Actually, the title is correct, whether the OP is or not. (Not.) As we walk in the Spirit and forgive each other our trespasses against each other, the blood of Jesus does cleanse us from those trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15. At the beginning, we are justified from all our past sins of lawlessness (sins unto death). But trespasses are not sins unto death, and by the fruit of the Spirit growing in us, we can even overcome committing trespasses. 1 John 2:1

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
I guess you missed it too.

Joh_19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What part of finished do you not Get. Jesus paid the price once and forever,

Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Hes not doing it again

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because only one who is perfect would be without sin, would not that be so.
And have you ever taken this to Christ and asked His opinion, too much study not enough Jesus that is what the bible does.

MJ,
I have never called myself "sinless", ever. I am in the midst of looking into and praying on sins unto death and sins not unto death. It seems sometimes that I "sin" 25 times even before I get out of bed in the morning! lol. So, I have a need and a nagging to look into this. I would never raise myself above any single person on here, ever! I've no problem taking the back seat as I am only able to reply to what I fully understand. If I feel compelled to look into and pray about something that has me shaking my head, I can't let it go until I am settled inside my spirit.
God Bless Brother

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
MJ,
I have never called myself "sinless", ever. I am in the midst of looking into and praying on sins unto death and sins not unto death. It seems sometimes that I "sin" 25 times even before I get out of bed in the morning! lol. So, I have a need and a nagging to look into this. I would never raise myself above any single person on here, ever! I've no problem taking the back seat as I am only able to reply to what I fully understand. If I feel compelled to look into and pray about something that has me shaking my head, I can't let it go until I am settled inside my spirit.
God Bless Brother
Thanks Nancy, I am glad, but really, its time to put the bible down go and talk to Christ, I do hope you let Him in, He can show you things you have never seeing and many will not, but you must give Him space, dont shut Him out as so many do. He is teh only one who can open the eyes of your understanding, and I pray He gives you wisdom from heaven.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Honestly you will never regret it.

God bless

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Nancy, I am glad, but really, its time to put the bible down go and talk to Christ, I do hope you let Him in, He can show you things you have never seeing and many will not, but you must give Him space, dont shut Him out as so many do. He is teh only one who can open the eyes of your understanding, and I pray He gives you wisdom from heaven.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Honestly you will never regret it.

God bless

Thank you MJ,
I do talk to Jesus all the time and always pray for wisdom, discernment and understanding through His Spirit :) I know He will show me when HE is ready to.
God Bless You!

Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you MJ,
I do talk to Jesus all the time and always pray for wisdom, discernment and understanding through His Spirit :) I know He will show me when HE is ready to.
God Bless You!
Cool, I hope HE does time is short. He must be first above all things.

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you missed it too.

Joh_19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What part of finished do you not Get. Jesus paid the price once and forever,

Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Hes not doing it again

It is finished meant the Old Covenant. Now His New Covenant was instituted - the law of the Spirit of life in Christ where the righteous requirements of the Law could be fulfilled by those who walk not after the flesh, but after the SPIRIT.

We are not lawless, Christ's laws go deeper to the core of iniquity, no longer just surface laws. But His Spirit in us creates a new nature that naturally follows the deeper laws kept through love.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is finished meant the Old Covenant. Now His New Covenant was instituted - the law of the Spirit of life in Christ where the righteous requirements of the Law could be fulfilled by those who walk not after the flesh, but after the SPIRIT.

We are not lawless, Christ's laws go deeper to the core of iniquity, no longer just surface laws. But His Spirit in us creates a new nature that naturally follows the deeper laws kept through love.
So the old covenant hasnt gone its changed to a new law??? Love doesnt need laws, laws are for bad people.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the old covenant hasnt gone its changed to a new law??? Love doesnt need laws, laws are for bad people.
If there were a law given that could impart life, surely righteousness would have been by the law.

That being said, the command to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength; and, your neighbor as yourself" is a law of the Lord...a such, it is not able to impart life.

We receive life and love through faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5) and this results in our obedience to the greatest commandments of all.

Without faith in Jesus, these commandments only show us more clearly that we are sinners in the need of a Saviour.

If you don't keep and abide by the greatest commandments, you commit the greatest sin; because you violate the greatest law.

Faith in Jesus results in these commandments being fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That being said, the command to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength; and, your neighbor as yourself" is a law of the Lord...a such, it is not able to impart life.
It is not a law. Laws are made for bad people to condemn them. Love is not a law, God is Love Christ is Love, Love has no laws.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a law. Laws are made for bad people to condemn them. Love is not a law, God is Love Christ is Love, Love has no laws.
I beg to differ with you. To "love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength;" and "your neighbor as yourself" is in fact a commandment that is greater than the ten. The ten commandments are said to be the law of God; how much more then, are the two commandments on which hang all the law and the prophets, to be considered the law?

It sets forth a standard of righteousness....that it what the law does. It shows us that in failing to measure up to the standard, we are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20, Galatians 3:24).

Apart from faith in Jesus, no one can love the way scripture commands us to love...love is set forth as a law in the Old Testament and in the New...as that which defines obedience to the commandments of the Lord...

Love is, in fact, shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5); and we receive the Holy Ghost through faith (Galatians 3:14). Therefore we receive the love of God, as a free gift, by faith.

However, before we receive that gift, love is a commandment that none of us can keep. Before we come to faith in Jesus Christ, our state of being is that we are "living in malice and envy; hateful, and hating one another" (Titus 3:3). We do not have nice feelings towards people before we come to Christ. After we come to Christ, we not only have nice feelings towards people that we used to hate before, but we act them out as a choice of behaviour so that love is a verb in our lives and not just a feeling.

Again, before we come to Christ, love is a standard of behaviour that defines the righteousness that we are supposed to have, but do not have...it is a law that we fall short of and that defines us as sinners.

And after we come to Christ, the love that is commanded becomes a reality (again, Romans 5:5); because this is God's gift to us that is given and that we receive through our faith (again, Galatians 3:14).

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I beg to differ with you. To "love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength;" and "your neighbor as yourself" is in fact a commandment that is greater than the ten. The ten commandments are said to be the law of God; how much more then, are the two commandments on which hang all the law and the prophets, to be considered the law?
Can argue all you like, you can quote scripture all you like, wont change what Love is, God is Love Christ is Love, God is not a law and neither is Christ or love.

Men love rules, so what is love.

1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

do you see any "laws".

God bless

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a commandment within the law that we "love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength;" and, "our neighbor as ourselves"...

'nuff said!

But I will say one more thing (maybe two)...

That if you don't measure up to the commandment that the Lord has given for you to love, the commandment to love defines you as a sinner;

And that this is the function of the law, to declare us as being sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20, Galatians 3:24).

If you fail to keep the greatest commandment (on which hangs all of the law and the prophets), then you have committed the greatest sin; for you have violated the greatest law.

Again,

'nuff said!

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That if you don't measure up to the commandment that the Lord has given for you to love, the commandment to love defines you as a sinner;
All I have spoken of is love, all you demand is laws. What dont you get, laws are for bad people, but laws fail, because laws cannot stop anyone doing anything. Why do you think we have Love.

If you fail to keep the greatest commandment (on which hangs all of the law and the prophets), then you have committed the greatest sin; for you have violated the greatest law.

is that religion speaking. Love cannot fail because God is Love and God cannot fail.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I have spoken of is love, all you demand is laws. What dont you get, laws are for bad people, but laws fail, because laws cannot stop anyone doing anything. Why do you think we have Love.

If people fail to love the way they are supposed to, are they not bad people? Therefore the law to love applies to them.

For those who are good (who have the love of God shed abroad in their heart through the Holy Ghost), the law does not apply in condemnation because through their behaviour they fulfill the law to love.

is that religion speaking. Love cannot fail because God is Love and God cannot fail.

What I was attempting to do there (perhaps not for you, but for one who needs it) was to set forth the law of love as a schoolmaster to lead them to Christ, as a gauge by which they might understand that they are sinners in need of a Saviour.

I am not about religion; I have a relationship with Jesus Christ: and all of my works (which you may define as religion) stem out of that relationship.

Faith without works is dead.

Love is practical (1 John 3:17-18) as it is shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5) because of faith (Galatians 3:14).

If someone fails to love God and neighbor in practical ways, then the law condemns them because it is an aspect of the law that in it is the command to love.

Of course, we are not redeemed by our practical love towards God and neighbor but through faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.

We love Him and those whom He has created as a response of gratitude towards Him over what He has done for us in coming to this planet and dying on the Cross in our place in order that we might be forgiven.

As forgiven sinners, we respond in love over what Christ has done for us. However, we are not saved by our response but by the finished work of the Cross that brings forgiveness in the first place.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Faith without works is dead.
Whos works. So many running around trying to prove them selves by there works. A rhetorical question but what ever happened to Just By Faith".

What I was attempting to do there (perhaps not for you, but for one who needs it) was to set forth the law of love as a schoolmaster to lead them to Christ, as a gauge by which they might understand that they are sinners in need of a Saviour.

School master, interesting, now taking the law and applying it to love. The only "teacher" ever given to us is,

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

But He like Christ gets ignored by the smart ones.

Luk_10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
again with your watered down interpretations:

its paid in full, once something is paid in full there's no continuing in payments. it doesn't keep paying its been paid.

I talk about the blood of Jesus saving you and keeping you save.
If you think this is "watered down" then you need to think again..

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Do you know what the true meaning is of what you are saying? Jesus took away our sin. He didn't just cover it, but took away the desire to sin in the flesh by making our natures brand new. We are born again. We've been given the mind of Christ. No longer a slave to sin, but to righteousness.

Maybe you should read my Threads.
See, you are incorrect if you think that 99% of Christians are walking in the Spirit and have the "mind of Christ".
See, if all had this automatically, then Paul would not be telling us to "renew our minds".
So, its not a fact of Salvation that most believers are walking according to right believing.
Its a fact of Christianity in '2020 that most are "fallen from Grace".
And to say that most are not a "slave to sin" is ridiculous.
Most believers are repenting and confessing........and what is that?
Its not because they are "no longer a slave to sin".
Get real.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A rhetorical question but what ever happened to Just By Faith".

Just means righteous. Those who are defined as righteous are those who do righteousness (1 John 3:7).

It is also true that I am not discounting Romans 4:1-8 when I say that faith without works is dead.

We are given salvation as a free gift, by faith alone in Jesus Christ alone. Not by works of righteousness which we have done; but by His mercy He has saved us; unto the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost (Titus 3:5). However, this washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost changes us from the inside out, so that we are more inclined to do good works. Because we are born again / saved, we now have the love of the Lord dwelling in our hearts; and this love is not in word or in tongue only, but in deed and in truth (1 John 3:17-18). The Lord has foreordained that we walk in specific good works that He has prepared for us (Ephesians 2:10). And we will walk in them because when we come across the opportunity to do them, we have been filled with the love of God and so we will walk in them.

That being said, the thief on the cross did not produce one good work and he was with Jesus in paradise the moment he died. He was saved by his faith alone in Jesus Christ alone. However, if he had been given the opportunity to do a good work, he would have done it; because, being saved / born again he would have been transformed from the inside out (also as a free gift) and thus works would have followed in his life had he been given the opportunity to do them. Nevertheless, this transformation took place not as the result of any good thing that he did; but because of his faith alone.

School master, interesting, now taking the law and applying it to love. The only "teacher" ever given to us is,

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Have you already forgotten what it says in Galatians 3:24?

Gal 3:24, Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are eternal laws that the Ten Commandments were fashioned after, but could not match. For instance, the bottom line is murder, but the eternal law is hate. You could hate in the Old Covenant, just not let it get to murder. God is love, and Jesus wants us to be like Him, so gives those who repent His own powerful Spirit AND a new nature to follow them. That is what is meant by the laws are no long written on stone, but on the soft flesh of our hearts. These are the eternal laws.