God's Grace keeps on giving the Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, that is some crazy thinking there. Did they not listen to the teachings about sin??!

They believed only sins of the spirit were sins, but sins of the flesh made grace abound, so the more then sinned in the flesh (sin of choice: rape each other's wives), grace would abound all the more. They were commanded to rape everyday.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is a willful sin of lawlessness, yes they need to repent and overcome the choice to sin. But not an unknown sin.

While, as believers, we are not under the law (Romans 6:14), are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6); it is also true that we are under the law to Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21).

An apparent contradiction?

What this means is that, while the law no longer condemns the born again believer (cf. verses referenced above), the born again believer is nevertheless governed by the law from within (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16).

It no longer condemns us from the outside, as being written on tablets of stone; but it governs us from the inside, as being written on fleshy tables of human hearts (2 Corinthians 3:3).

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

And these are characterized by the behaviour of walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit.

If anyone fails to walk according to the Spirit on some level, and yet is born again, having been justified by faith; there is still no condemnation because walking according to the Spirit is the general practice of the born again believer and a mess-up here or there is not going to take away their identity (that they are declared righteous even when they are ungodly in the practical sense, Romans 4:5).

That being said, if we have the identity of being righteous, we ought to go and live like it (see 1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

If someone is truly born of God they "do not" and "cannot" sin (1 John 3:9). If anyone abides in Christ they "sin not" (1 John 3:6).

So then, when we are truly redeemed we will most definitely become new creatures in Christ; wherein the old will be gone and all things will become new (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)).

But if we fail over the fact that the spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak (Mark 14:38), there is grace towards us from the righteous right hand of the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: CharismaticLady

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are these folks the ones who do not believe in the moral law?
Man you lot just dont get it at all do you. What is wrong with love. Why do you think Jesus said,

Joh_13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

but people are so "evil" they need laws to keep them straight, something that laws never did and will never do, all laws do is condemn.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man you lot just dont get it at all do you. What is wrong with love. Why do you think Jesus said,

Joh_13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

but people are so "evil" they need laws to keep them straight, something that laws never did and will never do, all laws do is condemn.
That's true...the law was not made for a righteous man, but for the ungodly and the sinner.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Right, they do not believe in any laws. It is the warped view spoken of in Jude 1:4 about perverted grace. It is the most appealing, but dangerous doctrine on the planet. Pagan religions are more righteous than this "Christian" sect. I wish I knew if they were a denomination, or just non-denominational.
Perverted grace, Laws.. What law are you under... You know this bit..
\
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Love is who God is, Love is who Christ is, Love is what we are asked to do. If you must call "love" a law than that is what we are under. As for grace

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

keeping what law is going to justify you, what law can you keep that is greater than that what Christ did, and what is it that you can do to outdo grace.

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

so much of that going around.

Oh you cant be a "christian" because you dont live up to "my" standard.

Reactions: justbyfaith

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Our relationship to the Holy Spirit is that He is sanctifying us and therefore He deals with our sins on a daily basis.

What you just wrote is nonsense.

Listen, did the HOLY SPIRIT DIE ON THE CROSS< or did JESUS?
Who died on the Cross to deal with your sin, justbyfaith?
Do not teach the heresy that the HS is dealing with "sin", when its CHRIST ALONE, thru Blood, Body, Death, and Resurrection, who DEALT with all our sin...

Do you take communion?
Do you know what Communion is, justbyfaith?
Its the act of celebrating and giving Praise to the Body and BLOOD of Jesus, = that took cafe of sin.
So, do not teach on a Christian Forum, the HERESY that the HS is dealing with SIN, when it fact, its the blood of Jesus that deals with it, ALONE.
Put away your commentaries as they have ruined your understanding of the NT, the CROSS, and the Blood Atonement.

Reactions: OzSpen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Do you and @mjrhealth believe in Antinomianism?

I believe that Jesus is the Savior, .....that the Cross is where God died to give this. = John 3:16.
I believe that God accepts no self effort by a person to accept them.
I believe that I will FOREVER= be giving Jesus THE Christ all the credit do Him and Him alone for "redeeming the world from Sin", and keeping all born again Christians "In Christ".

I believe what Paul taught. That all self effort, commandment keeping, and law keeping, to try to make us acceptable to God is " DUNG."
= Philippians 4

I have no reason to doubt Paul.
Its Paul who told us..>"be a follower of ME, as i follow Christ".

So, i teach Paul, Pauline Theology.....and nothing else.....till i die, or am raptured.

Does this answer your Q ?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry MJ, I was only asking a question about the Nicolations, in response to an others post. No harm, no foul. I'm checking out of here. God Bless

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again with your watered down interpretations:

its paid in full, once something is paid in full there's no continuing in payments. it doesn't keep paying its been paid.

Do you believe in Antinomianism? I can't remember. If you never heard the term, just google it.

Actually, the title is correct, whether the OP is or not. (Not.) As we walk in the Spirit and forgive each other our trespasses against each other, the blood of Jesus does cleanse us from those trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15. At the beginning, we are justified from all our past sins of lawlessness (sins unto death). But trespasses are not sins unto death, and by the fruit of the Spirit growing in us, we can even overcome committing trespasses. 1 John 2:1

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you just wrote is nonsense.

Listen, did the HOLY SPIRIT DIE ON THE CROSS< or did JESUS?
Who died on the Cross to deal with your sin, justbyfaith?
Do not teach the heresy that the HS is dealing with "sin", when its CHRIST ALONE, thru Blood, Body, Death, and Resurrection, who DEALT with all our sin...

Do you take communion?
Do you know what Communion is, justbyfaith?
Its the act of celebrating and giving Praise to the Body and BLOOD of Jesus, = that took cafe of sin.
So, do not teach on a Christian Forum, the HERESY that the HS is dealing with SIN, when it fact, its the blood of Jesus that deals with it, ALONE.
Put away your commentaries as they have ruined your understanding of the NT, the CROSS, and the Blood Atonement.

Do you know what the true meaning is of what you are saying? Jesus took away our sin. He didn't just cover it, but took away the desire to sin in the flesh by making our natures brand new. We are born again. We've been given the mind of Christ. No longer a slave to sin, but to righteousness. We do not do acts of the flesh like you hedonistically think. Jesus actually took away that ability, making us ready for heaven, for only the righteous and holy will live forever there as children of God - with His divine nature within us, as it should be now, but many have not yet repented and become born again. 2 Peter 1:2-4; Revelation 22:11. No one will be there who was a slave to sin and the flesh when they die. For they will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

As for the Holy Spirit not being Jesus, you are being ignorant of the truth. Jesus is the embodiment of both God and the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:9
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (Trinity)

Your misquote:
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what the true meaning is of what you are saying? Jesus took away our sin. He didn't just cover it, but took away the desire to sin in the flesh by making our natures brand new. We are born again. We've been given the mind of Christ. No longer a slave to sin, but to righteousness. We do not do acts of the flesh like you hedonistically think. Jesus actually took away that ability, making us ready for heaven, for only the righteous and holy will live forever there as children of God - with His divine nature within us, as it should be now, but many have not yet repented and become born again. 2 Peter 1:2-4; Revelation 22:11. No one will be there who was a slave to sin and the flesh when they die. For they will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

As for the Holy Spirit not being Jesus, you are being ignorant of the truth. Jesus is the embodiment of both God and the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:9
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (Trinity)

Your misquote:
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Many just hate to finish a verse, lol.
Good word, Hedonistic... (...which some of you once were...) it does not at all compute with me that a Christian, a "saved" Christian would not recoil at sins of the flesh. Good Lord God in Heaven, I used to run towards these things!!! Now, I couldn't even think of doing the things I used to do.
I have not personally met any Christians who (that I know of) say their sin is basically "okay" because of God's grace but, I know they are out there from reading things and posts. The sad thing is that the younger generation who do attend services, could be easily lead to believe this.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many just hate to finish a verse, lol.
Good word, Hedonistic... (...which some of you once were...) it does not at all compute with me that a Christian, a "saved" Christian would not recoil at sins of the flesh. Good Lord God in Heaven, I used to run towards these things!!! Now, I couldn't even think of doing the things I used to do.
I have not personally met any Christians who (that I know of) say their sin is basically "okay" because of God's grace but, I know they are out there from reading things and posts. The sad thing is that the younger generation who do attend services, could be easily lead to believe this.

And they are not even interested in the hard truth, that their false doctrines could lead many to hell, including themselves.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And they are not even interested in the hard truth, that their false doctrines could lead many to hell, including themselves.
@Nancy
Now if the whole world was perfect like you two.

And I wept because I could find no man worthy to open the lambs book of life,but I found two woman.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy
Now if the whole world was perfect like you two.

And I wept because I could find no man worthy to open the lambs book of life,but I found two woman.

MJ-I am very FAR from perfect!!! Yikes! I'm still on the milk where many things are concerned, but I will never be stiff-necked as to not research things Iv'e never heard before...I question and I seek all the time my brother. I bungle every day!
Why do you think we think we are perfect??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
MJ-I am very FAR from perfect!!! Yikes! I'm still on the milk where many things are concerned, but I will never be stiff-necked as to not research things Iv'e never heard before...I question and I seek all the time my brother. I bungle every day!
Why do you think we think we are perfect??
Because only one who is perfect would be without sin, would not that be so.
And have you ever taken this to Christ and asked His opinion, too much study not enough Jesus that is what the bible does.