God's Grace vs OSAS Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's look at God's grace according to the Scriptures:

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

God's grace is for help in time of need to resist temptation and overcome sinning with the flesh, even as Jesus did in the days of His flesh.

Because he felt the infirmities of temptation in mortal flesh, without sinning, He is able to help us do the same as He.

By God's grace, His sons are made overcomers of all flesh, even as the Son Himself:

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Now, let's look at the results of OSAS grace according to their own confession:

Slipping, falling, failing, sinning, struggling with sin rather than overcoming sin, doing no righteousness without sinning also...

By the results alone, we know God's grace is not OSAS grace.

Other than slipping, falling, failing, sinning...there is one thing OSAS grace has that God's grace does not have: Celebration.

Scripture never speaks of celebrating grace, but only of doing it through the faith of Jesus.

'Celebrating' grace is weird.

It reminds me of dope-smokers who know they are being weird, and know that others know they are being weird, but rather than stop being weird, they go being weird long enough to try and bluff their way through to something like normal.

That is what I think of, when I hear these sinning, failing, falling unrighteous christians talk about celebrating their weird grace.

And it is their weird grace, not the grace of the true God.

OSAS is one big weird grace-celebration of christian sinners trying to bluff their way into a real heaven.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's look at God's grace according to the Scriptures:

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

God's grace is for help in time of need to resist temptation and overcome sinning with the flesh, even as Jesus did in the days of His flesh.

Because he felt the infirmities of temptation in mortal flesh, without sinning, He is able to help us do the same as He.

By God's grace, His sons are made overcomers of all flesh, even as the Son Himself:

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Now, let's look at the results of OSAS grace according to their own confession:

Slipping, falling, failing, sinning, struggling with sin rather than overcoming sin, doing no righteousness without sinning also...

By the results alone, we know God's grace is not OSAS grace.

Other than slipping, falling, failing, sinning...there is one thing OSAS grace has that God's grace does not have: Celebration.

Scripture never speaks of celebrating grace, but only of doing it through the faith of Jesus.

'Celebrating' grace is weird.

It reminds me of dope-smokers who know they are being weird, and know that others know they are being weird, but rather than stop being weird, they go being weird long enough to try and bluff their way through to something like normal.

That is what I think of, when I hear these sinning, failing, falling unrighteous christians talk about celebrating their weird grace.

And it is their weird grace, not the grace of the true God.

OSAS is one big weird grace-celebration of christian sinners trying to bluff their way into a real heaven.

I have a stupid question Rob, what the heck is OSAS sir?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The obsession with constantly attacking OSAS is weird. I've noticed that ALL false religions and cults that promote salvation by works strongly oppose OSAS, which has always been a major red flag for me.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador