• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have not pointed the finger at you;.

Every false finger you pointed at me for WEEKS had the word...>"Gnostic" as the middle finger..... you carnal child.
So, you just LIED>
Better repent........right?

And again..

"""""Justbyfaith said...
Yes, my original salvation came out of Pentecostal preaching.""""""

And i respond again = how would i know that about you?
I've never met you.
Its because I can SEE you.
You need to LISTEN mr self self self abiding.
You have been faith destroyed by a fringe cult and by the epistle to the Hebrews.
And who was writing about this HEBREW's Epistle destroying believers, before you told me it happened to you?
So, how would i know that??

You need to LISTEN.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is the one who said, "we have the mind of Christ" and he was talking about himself and his fellow apostles. What he means is that he and the other apostles had first hand knowledge of what Jesus taught, and they alone have the authority to speak on his behalf. In the context, 1 Corinthians 2, Paul is comparing his "wisdom" with that of the leaders of this world. He claims to have direct revelation from God, while the other leaders are speculating.

He is also distinguishing between the carnal man and the spiritual man, and we don't even belong to Christ unless we are filled with the Spirit of God, so I cannot agree with you in this case. However, I do think Paul is speaking of the apostles in Ephesians 1:1-12 though. I believe they were predestined, but do not believe the rest of Christianity were predestined, but known by God's foreknowledge.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how would i know that about you?
I've never met you.
Its because I can SEE you.
You need to LISTEN mr self self self abiding.
You have been faith destroyed by a fringe cult and by the epistle to the Hebrews.
And who was writing about this Epistle destroying believers, before you told me it happened to you?
So, how would i know that??

You need to LISTEN.
The epistle to the Hebrews has not destroyed my faith. You are saying that words inspired by the Lord can be used to destroy the faith of the faithful.

In all reality, the words given that test the faithful do just that...they test the faithful (Psalms 105:19).

The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Jesus came that we might have life and that more abundantly.

The book of Hebrews was not inspired to destroy a person's faith. In saying so you are borderline blaspheming the Holy Ghost; for you are saying that it was inspired by the devil to destroy people's faith.

It wasn't. It was inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16). And it has also served in my life to keep me clinging to Jesus (Acts of the Apostles 11:23) as the anchor of my soul (Hebrews 6:18-20); so that I will very likely never fall away.

Every false finger you pointed at me for WEEKS had the word...>"Gnostic" as the middle finger..... you carnal child.
So, you just LIED>
Better repent........right?

And again..
That was not pointing the finger, that was identifying your doctrine for what it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: CharismaticLady

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

And you are on a Christian forum, .....on a Thread that is discussing Grace vs Legalism.
An unbeliever would not be interested in this topic, but a believer would..
However, because your original comment was not related to the Thread's topic, i assumed you came here to just give opinion and offer nothing of value.

So dont worry, im not going to ask you again, if you are born again, i'll just let you dodge that question, because you are obviously so very clever.
We get a lot of novice types through here who just come by to park and judge.

And if you like this Thread...... then if you have time, go and pull up my 50+ other Thread's Ive created here, as their is a lot to learn.

It seems to me that you are not as wise as you want others to believe.

If you had read my first comment in this thread, you would have realised that I was on topic with my comment.

As to dodging your question, why is it that most "christians" with an axe to grind miss wisdom when it is presented in a form that they cannot recognise as it does not fit their "form" of understanding.

Shalom

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 10:45, And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46, For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if the law was never given to us we are still under it; for Jesus said that the word that He spoke would judge every person on the last day. I would say that the word that Jesus spoke includes the law of the Old Testament; since He is the God of the Old and New Testaments.

Gentiles obey the law even though they do not have it because the law is written on their conscience; they are law unto themselves. Therefore, the law as it pertains to their conscience will be their judge on the last day.

For example, we don't like it if someone steals from us; and the golden rule is generally accepted among the Gentiles as being what the law requires of us in a nutshell. So, the fact that we don't want to be stolen from tells us that it would be wrong for us to steal from others. Our conscience tells us this; and this is the law.

So I am coming from the perspective that the law is an eternal standard in the heavenlies and that people died because they sinned even before the law as given; while sin, in 1 John 3:4, is defined as the transgression of the law.

So then, even though Gentiles were not given the law, they are still under it. They will be found guilty before the Lord with the law as the standard by which they shall be judged (see Romans 3:19-20).
You believe you’ll be judged based on your performance of the law?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe you’ll be judged based on your performance of the law?
No, I was talking about the fact that Gentiles are under the law just as much as Jews.

The church, on the other hand, is not under the law but under grace.

Do a study on it. Read Romans 3:9-19 in context; realize that Romans 3:10-18 is what the law says about those who are under it.

In v.9, both Jews and Gentiles are alike under sin. Compare this to 1 Corinthians 10:32. it says that there are three people groups; the Jews, the Gentiles, and the church of God.

Romans 6:14 is to the church, not to the Gentiles.

The scripture has concluded all to be under sin (Galatians 3:22); this includes the Gentiles.

Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).

All the world will become guilty before God because of what is written in the law (Romans 3:19-20). How then can anyone say that Gentiles are not under the law? Are they not a part of the world?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I was talking about the fact that Gentiles are under the law just as much as Jews.

The church, on the other hand, is not under the law but under grace.

Do a study on it. Read Romans 3:9-19 in context; realize that Romans 3:10-18 is what the law says about those who are under it.

In v.9, both Jews and Gentiles are alike under sin. Compare this to 1 Corinthians 10:32. it says that there are three people groups; the Jews, the Gentiles, and the church of God.

Romans 6:14 is to the church, not to the Gentiles.

The scripture has concluded all to be under sin (Galatians 3:22); this includes the Gentiles.

Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).

All the world will become guilty before God because of what is written in the law (Romans 3:19-20). How then can anyone say that Gentiles are not under the law? Are they not a part of the world?
Ok, thanks for clearing that up, in your posts sometimes it seems like you are stating you are a gentile.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
but do not believe the rest of Christianity were predestined, but known by God's foreknowledge.

Every born again believer is "predestined to be conformed into the image of Christ".

However, this is not because God chose some people to be, and decide that other people would not be.., as this is the heresy of the "pre-destined elect" nutbars, who teach that God ordains some to Hell and others to Heaven and we dont have any Freewill to choose Christ.
This insane theology teaches that God causes some to burn in the lake of fire and choose others to go to heaven.

WE the born again are predestined by Faith and saved by God.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every born again believer is "predestined to be conformed into the image of Christ".

However, this is not because God chose some people to be, and decide that other people would not be.., as this is the heresy of the "pre-destined elect" nutbars, who teach that God ordains some to Hell and others to Heaven and we dont have any Freewill to choose Christ.
This insane theology teaches that God causes some to burn in the lake of fire and choose others to go to heaven.

Why am I not surprised at your answer.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is also distinguishing between the carnal man and the spiritual man, and we don't even belong to Christ unless we are filled with the Spirit of God, so I cannot agree with you in this case. However, I do think Paul is speaking of the apostles in Ephesians 1:1-12 though. I believe they were predestined, but do not believe the rest of Christianity were predestined, but known by God's foreknowledge.
With what do you disagree? Can you be more specific?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jude 1:3-4 teaches us that false teachers were long ago ordained to the condemnation of hell.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Esther 5
3 And the king said to her, “What do you wish, Queen Esther? What is your request? It shall be given to you—up to half the kingdom!”

Mark 6
22 ...the king (Herod) said to the girl “Ask me whatever you want, and I will give it to you”...23...”up to half my kingdom.”

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe anyone who is filled with the Spirit of God, not just the apostles, has been given the mind of Christ. 2 Peter 1:2-11
What do you think Paul meant by "mind of Christ"? You say you have the mind of Christ. What do you mean?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think Paul meant by "mind of Christ"? You say you have the mind of Christ. What do you mean?

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Also, when I read the Word, revelation of the true meaning is revealed. And if I ask a question about theology, the answer is immediately given. It is the Spirit within me that I have a relationship with.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Hebrews was not inspired to destroy a person's faith. In saying so you are borderline blaspheming the Holy Ghost; for you are saying that it was inspired by the devil to destroy people's faith.
I see Hebrews being written firstly to those Jews who weren't letting go of the covenant of Law, in favor of Jesus.

And if it's given you the idea that having become born of God that you may become once again spiritually dead, and cast out of the family of God, I believe you've gotten the wrong idea.

Once you've learned about Jesus, you can't go back to offering goats and bulls as if His blood was no better than theirs.

Now that you know about Jesus, and you offer a goat, then you're saying through that action, Ah, this goat's is better than Jesus' blood!

I completely agree, that Hebrews was not written to destroy someone's faith. But if misunderstood and misapplied, much harm can result.

Much love!