• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iron sharpens iron (Proverbs 27:17).... My interactions with you are being used by the Holy Ghost to teach me as we go, He is my teacher.
What then have you learned?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I did not see an answer. Its a yes or no question.

I disagree, there is so much more to this question than a yes and no answer. Jesus is my all in all, i myself and we humans in general need more of Him, for we are filled with ourselves. simple minds think in terms of yes and no, I trust you are not of such a simple mind?

No. Again.

My question comes to you as a challange to your faith, as you claim we have spiritual lack even though we have Jesus.

There is no challenge there, I agree with Grace and salvation by faith alone through grace alone, and the doctrine of resting in the finished work of Christ on the cross. My challenge to you is one of the Human condition even once we are saved.... To Grow in Grace. You see the Laodicean church were all believers as they were called a church which is an assembly of believers, yet they were lacking Spiritual sight, and Spiritual clothing and Spiritual riches because they had the mindset that they did not need anything more spiritually that they had fooled themselves into thinking they were rich spiritually because they were prospering. What I am saying is that the question you pose comes from that mindset and you are unwilling or unable to accept the answer I have given you which is neither yes nor no, but one that is encouraging you to eat the meat of the word of God if you can digest it? I think you can which is why the Holy Ghost is continuing to have this conversation with you.

Rather, faith.

Do you really think that you only have part of Jesus in you? Or that He's "partly" in you? No, God indwells you. You are complete in Him. Clear words of Scritpure. Don't you believe them?

Much love!

You see, the Laodicean mindset has locked Jesus out of the church, His divine inspiration and revelation is no longer there, as it is replaced by doctrines of men to be agreed with mentally and liturgically as opposed to being living and breathing and vibrant in us. Your question is a nonquestion to me. He is the life blood that runs through my veins, and my all in all, yet I know i need more of Him now than ever before. You see the more we realize the Holiness of God the more we realize our unworthiness, and the more we realize we need more of Christ, that is how the Christian faith grows, how we grow in grace, and this vessel is made pure, not by our works but by our realization that we need Christ to work in us and through us. Am I perfect? No. Are you? No We are clay in the potters hand, the more we resist the potters hand at work in us the longer it will take for him to mold us. That resistance comes from our own will and strength, but when I am weak he is strong and can mold me. This is what I am speaking of when I say we must learn to submit to the will of God.

What you are promoting and this post in general is promoting is a version of Christianity where Christ is the co pilot, what I am saying is that Christ needs to be the Pilot and we the passenger in this journey. I Know this in no way answers your question, but it does when you learn to think in these terms. The real question is "do you really want the fulness of Christ to indwell you"? Are you willing to put to death the old man and let Christ live fully in and through you? You have to make that decision at some point in your journey of faith.....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree, there is so much more to this question than a yes and no answer. Jesus is my all in all, i myself and we humans in general need more of Him, for we are filled with ourselves. simple minds think in terms of yes and no, I trust you are not of such a simple mind?

What I've learned, both from the Bible, and in my life, is that the answer is resoundingly and simply, YES.

Trusting Jesus yields an overcoming life.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no challenge there, I agree with Grace and salvation by faith alone through grace alone, and the doctrine of resting in the finished work of Christ on the cross.

Romans 5:1-2 KJV
1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

And standing in this grace? By faith alone?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are promoting and this post in general is promoting is a version of Christianity where Christ is the co pilot,
This is not true.

Not at all. More false accusation. It really is.

:p

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am saying is that the question you pose comes from that mindset
No, the question I pose is from the Scriptures which refute your assertions.

Let me ask you . . .

Is it possible for you to live a sanctified life today? Will trusting Jesus for self control give you self control?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question is a nonquestion to me. He is the life blood that runs through my veins, and my all in all, yet I know i need more of Him now than ever before.
It sounds like you don't believe this, that you are complete in him.

I would say, look past appearances, and trust the Bible.

If you don't believe it's true, you won't be living that way.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am saying is that the question you pose comes from that mindset and you are unwilling or unable to accept the answer I have given you which is neither yes nor no, but one that is encouraging you to eat the meat of the word of God if you can digest it? I think you can which is why the Holy Ghost is continuing to have this conversation with you.

What I am saying is that I'm offerring to you a more accurate picture from the Scriptures. No insults, no innuendo, no "you're too immature to see this".

Love is the proof of maturity. How much love does it take to denigrate me as you do?

The question I pose comes from the Bible, as it seems that you do not believe we can walk sanctified in Christ. Why do you not believe that?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am saying is that the question you pose comes from that mindset and you are unwilling or unable to accept the answer I have given you

You see, the Laodicean mindset has locked Jesus out of the church, His divine inspiration and revelation is no longer there, as it is replaced by doctrines of men to be agreed with mentally and liturgically as opposed to being living and breathing and vibrant in us.

What you are promoting and this post in general is promoting is a version of Christianity where Christ is the co pilot,

Are you willing to put to death the old man and let Christ live fully in and through you? You have to make that decision at some point in your journey of faith.....

Can you see it?? Your denigration? Your presumption?

Can you?

And what kind of "mindset" does this behavior reveal?

Again, lacking appropriate responses, you choose to post your own poor negative opinions of me, apparently flummoxed over how to understand why I disagree, and how to appropriately respond.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to make that decision at some point in your journey of faith.....
Choose to believe it.

Romans 5:1-2 KJV
1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Stand in grace by faith.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope

I am teaching repentance from dead works. and acknowledging our sin before God.

Not trying to earn something that can never be earned

I think there is a lack of humility in those who think their salvation can be earned.

For what it is worth, it is clear to me that internal work is required but this is not the external works as meant in the Bible. The internal work is having the humility to accept grace. To do this requires slaying the biggest idol in the world, ones own ego

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there is a lack of humility in those who think their salvation can be earned.

For what it is worth, it is clear to me that internal work is required but this is not the external works as meant in the Bible. The internal work is having the humility to accept grace. To do this requires slaying the biggest idol in the world, ones own ego

Well said!.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope

I am teaching repentance from dead works. and acknowledging our sin before God.

Not trying to earn something that can never be earned

Then we agree, we must repent. Some who say grace "can't be earned" believe they can't repent as that would be a righteous work. I believe we can and must acknowledge that we are sinners and can't stop sinning on our own. We need God inside of us to partake of the divine nature of Christ. Other than repentance, we cannot do anything else on our own that is life-long righteousness. But God wants and commands all men everywhere to repent.