Gross example of rampant sin in "the church" today/ decades(tats)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Actually , no . "lots of things"
So now you seem to have admitted that you don't agree with Romans 14.5, that there are going to be many things which individuals before the Lord will have to make their own minds up about.

You, rather, seem to regard yourself as the sole judge of what all other Christians might feel is appropriate in accordance with Romans 14.5.

This is by way of a friendly observation, following the seeming logic of your statements.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 'lesson's from Scripture, in line with all Scripture, true lessons (good fruit instead of bad fruit of bad teachings of bad teachers)
available in a few places still, but not in many places, online. These will be potentially available for a short time yet, today we hope at least, to get back to basics of Scripture , so as

not to violate any Scripture,
so as
not to willfully continue in sin,
for those who seek truth.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The excuses given to continue in sin, without seeking the truth, gets worse and more difficult the longer it goes.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As most people never learn to trust Jesus, but continue in sin, continue in trusting the flesh and the government of the world, and even the false teachers tickling people's ears,

as written throughout all Scripture, all Scripture revealed by God,

being surrounded by so many false witnesses throughout life, as most people are today, as they were in the days of Noah, as they were in sodom and gomorrah, so it is today.

It is more comfortable, in society, not to turn to God, not to trust Jesus, so for this reason and more reasons - an endless list coming from them,

most people do not turn to God seeking the truth from Him and from His Word....

let us continue constantly in prayer opposed to the sons of disobedience,

let us continue constantly on guard, in prayer, seeking God's Truth, God's Kingdom, as His Word Says to do.

Not laying again a foundation in sin, not staying surrounded by support for sin, opposed to God's Kingdom, contrary to God's Word.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People usually make up their minds to listen to those tickling their ears, and to continue doing that.

A few decide, by God's Grace, as God Permits, to turn to God, to come to Jesus, to be set free from sin,

and from the penalty for sin (death).

that there are going to be many things which individuals before the Lord will have to make their own minds up about.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"THIS DARK WORLD NEEDS THE LIGHT"

"Many people will say that their tattoo opens doors with a certain crowd of people, gives them cultural authenticity, or that it is helpful as a witnessing tool. To that I would say that Christ’s apostles and disciples “preached Jesus” through their actions and words. They didn’t need gimmicks or cool fashions or fads of the day to relate to people and neither do we!

You don’t need physical piercings to relate to people. The Bible says in Hebrews 4:12, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

God’s Holy word is the only “piercing” thing that will save people! The disciples preached God’s word, lived by God’s commands. People saw Jesus living through them and learned what it meant to be saved by hearing them preaching God’s word and seeing the fruit of their lives. The disciples didn’t try to be fashionable like the world. They didn’t seek to entertain the world.

Matthew 5:16, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Your light, not your tat)

Our Christian light should shine. We should not be busy taking on the world’s image. We should not be concerned with looking such a way that is pleasing to men. Galatians 1:10, “For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.” Acts 5:29, “We ought to obey God rather than men.”

For those who say, “But I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some” (1 Corinthians 9:22), I say to you that God’s word has already shown us that we are NOT to be conformed to this wicked and adulteress world. Do I have to smoke crack or marijuana so that I can relate to those who are on drugs? Do I have to dress like a whore and hang out on the street corners so that I can try to witness to my lost sisters who are prostitutes?

Should I join a gang
and take on the trademarks of a certain “set” so that I can speak to those young men who are obviously in need of a relationship with our Savior?

Of course not! This dark world needs the Light.

It does not need us to come down to its dark, fleshly level. –"

https://comingintheclouds.org/chris...oos-and-piercings-permissible-for-christians/

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is sin being common to be a reason to sin more ?

Many pastors for over a decade have noted that NO ONE they have married (joined together in matrimony (not holy matrimony)
has been a virgin.
Thus how far society and churches have fallen in sin.

Another example >

(This poster doesn't know "hardly any female" at church under 30 that is not openly sinning:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
=================================================
J
What exactly makes a faith based tattoo a sin?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is sin being common to be a reason to sin more ?

Many pastors for over a decade have noted that NO ONE they have married (joined together in matrimony (not holy matrimony)
has been a virgin.
Thus how far society and churches have fallen in sin.

Another example >

(This poster doesn't know "hardly any female" at church under 30 that is not openly sinning:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
=================================================
J
Why are tattoos sinful? Please don't quote the old testament verse that comes after this one:
27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Especially if you have ever gotten a haircut.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are tattoos sinful? Please don't quote the old testament verse that comes after this one:
27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Especially if you have ever gotten a haircut.
God, The Author of Scripture, The Source of All Life, The One Who Reveals Salvation and everything concerning Salvation (freedom from the devil, from sin, and from the flesh),

says so. When God Reveals this through His Spirit and Word, as being something of the flesh, not of faith, as being something sinful, not righteous, then who is there who will argue with Him ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good or bad example: (self-deception, divorce, tattoos, abortion, idolatry, etc etc etc )

"In Christian tradition, as early as Augustine, self-deception was viewed as a division of the will.14 Our desire to maintain separate, egotistic will apart from God’s will is what alienates us from reality and God.15 After the fall, and denying the reality of the fall, we have lost the ability to perceive and respond appropriately to God’s will and his moral values, and we have become quite capable of deceiving ourselves when we make moral judgments and pursue our selfish will.16 “Having spontaneously imagined a false, but alluring, interpretation of his moral situation, the self-deceiver accepts that interpretation, and reinforces it both internally, with self-talk, and externally, by acting as if it were true.”17 Self-deception leads to framing decisions that either eliminate negative ethical characterizations or distort them into positive ones.18 In this way, self-deception leads to and justifies sin."

Self-Deception in Theology - The Gospel Coalition

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, I am glad to find out that being sinless is a requirement for becoming a Christian. I sure missed that in the Bible.
One man that God is unable to help is the sinless man. i.e. usually called a "good" man, since they don't repent(they don't turn to God away from sin) .

Repentance is required, as you probably know.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, I am glad to find out that being sinless is a requirement for becoming a Christian. I sure missed that in the Bible.
Did Jesus ever sin ? no.

Did Jesus ever have a tattoo or approve of one, or promote sin in any way ? no.

Does a student of Jesus, learning from Jesus, in line with God's Word, disobey Jesus on purpose ? (i.e. sin on purpose?)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. a couple of verses of scriptures,
#1. Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way".

now why is that?

#2. Romans 14:23 "And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin". (we might want to read that again).

well, well, well, we might want to check first and see if there's a log in our eye first before we tell our brother and sister about the mote in their eye.

instead of putting someone down, lets should encourage each other up, in the righteousness of Christ.

PICJAG.

R

Rita

Well that’s me to the back of the line then, one tattoo and one divorce ............
Good job Jesus is my redeemer and not anyone else on the forum !!
Rita

Reactions: Renniks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus ever sin ? no.

Did Jesus ever have a tattoo or approve of one, or promote sin in any way ? no.

Does a student of Jesus, learning from Jesus, in line with God's Word, disobey Jesus on purpose ? (i.e. sin on purpose?)
How do you continue to post such legalism knowing you yourself are not free of sin?
That makes you a hypocrite....remember how Jesus rebuked the scribes and Pharisees...who preached adherence to the Law of Moses but was guilty of breaking it themselves?....Jesus called them hypocrites.

I am going to try to help you understand how others see you right now in the spirit of love not condemnation.

This link contains what Jesus said about hypocrites.
23. Jesus Condemns the Scribes and Pharisees | Bible.org
Some excerpts of this article:
Jesus went on immediately, however, to point out their hypocrisy and commanded the people, “But do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not” (v. 3). He then cited the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. They lay heavy burdens upon the people but would not do anything to make the load lighter. Their own works were done to be observed by men rather than God. They made broad their phylacteries, the Scriptures which they customarily bound to their forehead and to their left wrist, containing the Scriptures of Exodus 13:3-16; Deuteronomy 6:5-9 and 11:13-21. This they did, not only when they prayed in the morning, but throughout the day, for the purpose of being seen of men. They also enlarged the borders of their garments, the tassels referred to in Deuteronomy 22:12, which were tokens that they were holy men.

Jesus Pronounces Seven Woes Upon the Scribes and Pharisees, 23:13-36
In this section, climaxing the controversy of Christ with the scribes and Pharisees, seven solemn woes are pronounced upon them. Only Matthew records this scathing denunciation of these religious leaders of the Jews. These woes, in contrast to the Beatitudes, denounce false religion as utterly abhorrent to God and worthy of severe condemnation. No passage in the Bible is more biting, more pointed, or more severe than this pronouncement of Christ upon the Pharisees. It is significant that He singled them out, as opposed to the Sadducees, who were more liberal, and the Herodians, who were the politicians. The Pharisees, while attempting to honor the Word of God and manifesting an extreme form of religious observance, were actually the farthest from God.

Reactions: Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Joseph77....in trying to understand what Ekklesia believe and teach (to understand you better) I researched and found this article by an elder/shepherd of Ekklesia Evangelical Fellowship...
Practicing Righteous Judgments

This was the final words or conclusion of the blog....( the blog is too long to post it all here)
FINAL WORDS

I encourage you, dear brothers and sisters, to keep the above things in mind when it comes to judging one another. Don’t be wise in your own eyes. That’s a characteristic of a fool. The Scripture declares, “Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight!” (Isa. 5:21, ESV)

Finally, resist unrighteous judgments. Fear and tremble to judge people's hearts and motives. Practice righteous judgments. When judging righteously, based on the factors as mentioned above, do so with humility. Strive towards love and unity in the church. Be warned from these words of Christ, “For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you” (Matt. 7:2, ESV).

Here is an excerpt:
GOD ALONE KNOWS THE HEART

We all will fear and tremble to judge people’s hearts if we believe and practice the Holy Scripture which reveals this truth: God alone completely knows the hearts of people.

* Solomon prayed, “then hear in heaven your dwelling place and forgive and act and render to each whose heart you know, according to all his ways (for you, you only, know the hearts of all the children of mankind).” (1 Kings 8:39, ESV)

* The Lord reveals man’s nature to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7, ESV)

I pray the Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth and give you Wisdom, knowledge and understanding in His Word especially in the area of judging sin.

Reactions: Rita

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that’s me to the back of the line then, one tattoo and one divorce ............
Good job Jesus is my redeemer and not anyone else on the forum !!
Rita
Rita, Rita, you put yourself in the perfected position, Matthew 19:30 "But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first". ;)

PICJAG.

Reactions: Rita and Heart2Soul
Status
Not open for further replies.