Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
alicedee said:
My granddaughter has a small tattoo on her ankle. She just graduated from college and was hired as a paralegal. My daughter has a tattoo (on her shoulderblade), and has a very successful career at a hospital. I got a small tattoo on the back of my shoulder at age 60. .. I love it.
My niece has a quite large, multicolored tattoo on her forearm. She has a very good job with an athletic company.
community dot qvc dot com / t5 / Mom hyphen to hyphen Mom

Often it's faith based designs that are inked in, when, as well as men, it's what so many women do now.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think a tattoo used for witnessing would give much joy. Younger people seeing it would think this person loved God so much, he could open the door to plant a seed.
@Acolyte Do you think that the experience of going through with the inking in order to do it, would feel good to a lot of Christians who haven't tried it yet, but might be wondering what it feels like?

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Acolyte Do you think that the experience of going through with the inking in order to do it, would feel good to a lot of Christians who haven't tried it yet, but might be wondering what it feels like?

:D oh my, you know I would never lead someone to make that decision. I live with mine, it's nice, but wish I had listened to myself.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
:D oh my, you know I would never lead someone to make that decision. I live with mine, it's nice, but wish I had listened to myself.
Well, okay! :)

But I guess you would completely understand, if Christians doing it joyfully in a faith design would likewise be reckoned by them to be a really nice thing to do, right?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's so widespread and well established for both genders now; kind of non-issue I suppose.
Similar to the attitude toward polygamy during the times of David and Solomon. People were so far away from God that even those who were godly fell far short of highest mark in their flesh. What does this mean to us today? What should it mean?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Similar to the attitude toward polygamy during the times of David and Solomon. People were so far away from God that even those who were godly fell far short of highest mark in their flesh. What does this mean to us today? What should it mean?
Polygamy and faith based tattoos are somewhat apples and oranges, I would have thought. If someone has a faith based tattoo used in witness, to give him or her a hard time because of polygamy would not be logical in my humble opinion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Polygamy and faith based tattoos are somewhat apples and oranges, I would have thought. If someone has a faith based tattoo used in witness, to give him or her a hard time because of polygamy would not be logical in my humble opinion.
Are they? When did God give the OK for polygamy in the OT? When did He ever give the OK to defile the body of flesh He provided men to use as stewards?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread does have only marginal topicality to polygamy.
I wonder? Because you cannot see the message, does not make it so. Likewise of course on my part. Well may God richly bless you as you walk with Him. To me your way misses the Way, but I do not know everything either.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What does polygamy have to do with a tattoo?
I can't keep us with all the posting....
Baffles me also...o_O

What I think is that our friend i) does not like tattoos, and so ii) probably wants to discredit ink by lumping it together with something emotive.

(Something like that, anyway...)

Reactions: GodsGrace