Gross example of rampant sin in "the church" today/ decades(tats)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Joseph I am not, You have been asked about whether you trim your beard ( shave ) and you have not answered the question ( saw it on another thread ) the point was being made was that it was also in the laviticus law - and yet Christian men ‘ shave their beards now - it’s not condemned.
Rita
When you posted it, it did not look like, and does not look like still, a Godly attitude from you.

At what time, for instance, did I see and refuse to answer a question about my beard?

(you must know what time I read the posts, the questions, or if I did at all, in order to answer this question.)

It is obvious, you made assumptions, and bore false witness by innuendo, not knowing the facts.

R

Rita

Joesph ,sorry but I don’t need to have your teaching on the subject, You presume that I don’t know scripture , that I need to hear it and understand it- I am quite capable of ‘ testing ‘ things ....been doing that for 40 years !!
Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
short web excerpt:
"In the New Testament, the Apostle Paul reminds us that the Law is good.1 The idea of obedience is continually highlighted, from the Sermon on the Mount to Jesus' words in John's Gospel2 and in the epistles.3 In fact, nine of the Ten Commandments are explicitly reinforced in the New Testament.

The Torah itself is not bad; it is the misuse of the Torah, and the way that human traditions can end up supplanting the Torah, that are bad. The principles of the Torah, especially the Ten Commandments, have become the bedrock of Western civilization and of the Christian church itself—even those churches that portray the Torah negatively."
"

About Torah Observance

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To His Own Disciples/ Apostles/ to everyone >>> Jesus clearly said >>>
Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow ...
not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, 1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:12 "Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1 Corinthians 3:13 "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1 Corinthians 3:14 "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1 Corinthians 3:15 "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no teaching here - if you knew the Scripture, the references I made, you would not have taken offense at all.
If you know about 'testing' all things, you already know that 'peace' must be tested, and other things you have posted. (some of which are contrary to Scripture so far) .

Joesph ,sorry but I don’t need to have your teaching on the subject, You presume that I don’t know scripture , that I need to hear it and understand it- I am quite capable of ‘ testing ‘ things ....been doing that for 40 years !!
Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
===========================================
QUOTE=
"101G, post: 731857, member: 5023"]not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, 1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:12 "Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1 Corinthians 3:13 "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1 Corinthians 3:14 "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1 Corinthians 3:15 "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
[/QUOTE
=================================================
What the connection , if any, with what (part of) you quoted:
To His Own Disciples/ Apostles/ to everyone >>> Jesus clearly said >>>
Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow ...
Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able.
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. New Living Translation "Work hard to enter the narrow door to God's Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail. English Standard Version "Strive to enter through the narrow door.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no teaching here - if you knew the Scripture, the references I made, you would not have taken offense at all.
If you know about 'testing' all things, you already know that 'peace' must be tested, and other things you have posted. (some of which are contrary to Scripture so far) .
Everyone is not the same, some can accept your words of God on face value, but other maybe not. look one plant, another water, but it is God who gives the increase.

I have teached a lesson, and instantly many got it, but I could teach the same lesson to another group and none get it, but someone else comes in and says one word and all got it. listen,
1 Corinthians 3:5 "Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
1 Corinthians 3:6 "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1 Corinthians 3:7 "So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
1 Corinthians 3:8 "Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
1 Corinthians 3:9 "For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

PICJAG.

R

Rita

When you posted it, it did not look like, and does not look like still, a Godly attitude from you.

At what time, for instance, did I see and refuse to answer a question about my beard?

(you must know what time I read the posts, the questions, or if I did at all, in order to answer this question.)

It is obvious, you made assumptions, and bore false witness by innuendo, not knowing the facts.
It was on another thread some days ago - but I can’t remember who asked you. You ignored that part of the post and carried on the conversation. You often do that, I have asked you questions in some of my posts and you haven’t answered them, I would suspect that we all do that at times.

I was merely questioning why you pick up on one part of the law, and accuse others of going against it, and have not addressed the part that could well apply to something you do now, that was forbidden then. Not playing devils advocate at all, merely challenging you to reflect what else is written in that part of the law.
Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, let's hope for the best.

I asked one or more times: what did Jesus DO, and teach His Disciples to DO ? Remember?

When a post has a false premise, I simply quote the false premise, and don't go further in the post - there's nothing that can be built on a false premise. (see? If the first step is in the wrong direction, it must be corrected before it is possible to go in the right direction).

Back to what did Jesus DO? Do you remember, from Scripture, how often Jesus DID NOT answer the question they put to Him ?

What did Jesus DO ? (all of the time, not only at those times) ?

R

Rita

I didn’t take offence, I was merely explaining that you were ‘ teaching a grandmother to suck eggs ‘ !!
No , they are contrary to your interpretation and understanding of scripture .......
Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOOD ! YES !

======================================
QUOTE="101G, post: 731864, member: 5023"]Everyone is not the same, some can accept your words of God on face value, but other maybe not. look one plant, another water, but it is God who gives the increase.

I have teached a lesson, and instantly many got it, but I could teach the same lesson to another group and none get it, but someone else comes in and says one word and all got it. listen,
1 Corinthians 3:5 "Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
1 Corinthians 3:7 "So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.[/QUOTE
========================================

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No , they are contrary to your interpretation and understanding of scripture .......
(You remember that interpretation is not permitted , right? )
================================================
(just copied quoted from post by someone else, as it is so right on) >>>
Everyone is not the same, some can accept your words of God on face value, but other maybe not. look one plant, another water, but it is God who gives the increase.

1 Corinthians 3:7 "So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Rita : I think also 1 Peter 4.15: is relevant: "let none of you suffer ... a busybody in other men's matters."

A while ago seemingly a majority of the young men/boys at the very conservative local church where my wife and attend wore earrings; and of course so many Christians - women as well as men - happen to be tattooed.

As far as soundness in the faith is concerned, one may well ask? So what?

Otherwise, it just descends into busybodying in the matters of others.

Reactions: Willie T

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not accept their teaching, when it is contrary to Scripture. (no one's teaching, when it is contrary to Scripture).

If they are "outside", God judges them, as He Says in His Word.

If they are in the assembly of believers, the present appointed by God ones in the assembly (see Ephesians (chapter 5 I think) , are to judge, as God Says in His Word, and all the believers must not accept any teaching that is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.