Gross example of rampant sin in "the church" today/ decades(tats)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do Joesph, especially when others choose to judge x
Rita
On the other thread, it was mentioned that the word 'judge' can really be used in the sense of exercising Godly discernment (rather than in constantly castigating ppl). On the topic in hand, after prayer, Bible study and Godly advice (which is how Godly discernment comes), you testify to having 'complete peace' about using the parlor.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do Joesph, especially when others choose to judge x
Rita
According to Scripture, Jesus should be your final authority , or /and His Father, ALL THE TIME,
regardless of circumstances, thoughts, imaginations, words, actions, weather, finances, religion, politics, etc etc etc .....

Do you know who the Perfect Judge Is? (I know you 'know')

Jesus, right ?

Those IN SCRIPTURE who obey Jesus, when do they judge rightly ? (I know the whole world judges unrighteously, but when do those who obey Jesus, being His students, when do they judge rightly , according to Him/ His Word ? )

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the other thread, it was mentioned that the word 'judge' can really be used in the sense of exercising Godly discernment (rather than in constantly castigating ppl). On the topic in hand, after prayer, Bible study and Godly advice (which is how Godly discernment comes), you testify to having 'complete peace' about using the parlor.
Invalid comparison. Back to Scripture for truth:
Remember how many people have peace, daily believe and really think they are saved, and find out on Judgment Day they were wrong ?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Remember how many people have peace, daily believe and really think they are saved, and find out on Judgment Day they were wrong ?

Yah, they have a sense of peace because Satan has no need to bagger them into falling from grace.

But for me, I am secure in my relationship with God and my "peace" is not my concern but His to control around me if that is His desire for me.

R

Rita

So now you are choosing to judge the peace I have .... and because you don’t agree with something , you ‘ hint at it reflecting false salvation ........... please tell me my testimony Jospeh, relay to me how I came to faith in Jesus 40 years ago ....... then relay to me the rest of my life, seeing as you proclaim to know so much about everyone here, proclaim my relationship with Jesus................When you can do that, and only then will you have the right to judge my relationship with the Lord Jesus and make assumptions - because that is what you are doing ...........
Rita

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is exactly what another poster is saying in another topic, "MAKE SURE OF YOUR ELECTION AND CALLING". why wait to the end of one's life and find out that they was wrong. well God is going to send someone to you with correct understanding. it's up to you to adhere to what is true or not. ..... "search the scriptures". 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good".

PICJAG.

Reactions: Jay Ross

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you are choosing to judge the peace I have .... and because you don’t agree with something , you ‘ hint at it reflecting false salvation ........... please tell me my testimony Jospeh, relay to me how I came to faith in Jesus 40 years ago ....... then relay to me the rest of my life, seeing as you proclaim to know so much about everyone here, proclaim my relationship with Jesus................When you can do that, and only then will you have the right to judge my relationship with the Lord Jesus and make assumptions - because that is what you are doing ...........
Rita
correct, let no man Judge you. scripture, Romans 14:4 "Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Jay Ross

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think someone with correct understanding came to you ?

Do you know where in Scripture (God's Word), it is written as I posted?

That multitudes on Judgment Day , who were sure they were saved, find out that they are not ?

God is going to send someone to you with correct understanding. i

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
this is exactly what another poster is saying in another topic, "MAKE SURE OF YOUR ELECTION AND CALLING". why wait to the end of one's life and find out that they was wrong. well God is going to send someone to you with correct understanding. it's up to you to adhere to what is true or not. ..... "search the scriptures". 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good".

PICJAG.

But it seems that he is not able to hear you or anyone else even though they have tried to reason with him

R

Rita

Farouk was referring to my peace with regards to the tattoo I had done - it wasn’t something I just randomly did , there was thought, study, prayer and discernment involved - and I have always had complete peace about it. The. You posted the following, making a statement about peace ......... and relayed that it can be a false peace........
I responded back with the following because it sounded as if you were making an indirect accusation about the peace I had ......and how it could mean I was not saved
Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is sin being common to be a reason to sin more ?

Many pastors for over a decade have noted that NO ONE they have married (joined together in matrimony (not holy matrimony)
has been a virgin.
Thus how far society and churches have fallen in sin.

Another example >

(This poster doesn't know "hardly any female" at church under 30 that is not openly sinning:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
=================================================
J

The Leviticus laws of no tattoos and not trimming the side of a beard, were not mentioned in the New Testament

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Leviticus laws of no tattoos and not trimming the side of a beard, were not mentioned in the New Testament
So do you believe Jesus changed some time in those years? God's Word became null and void sometime between ? God's Spirit failed to properly enlighten all the Ekklesia from the first century thru the last century, when they forbid tattoos?

R

Rita

It’s funny how those two things are together, yet when the subject of the beard is brought up Joesph never addresses whether or not he trims the side of his beard !
Rita

Reactions: Josho

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it seems that he is not able to hear you or anyone else even though they have tried to reason with him
believe me people hear, they might not tell you, but they hear. I remember when I WAS IN THE WORK FORCE, working at a local paper mill, and sometime on break me and another person would always discussed the bible. well one guy in conversation separate, told me to my face he didn't believe in God. well a few months later... the mill shut down, and many came to me and the other guy and ask what is going to happen now that we all will be out of Work, well we witnessed to them, with assurance in Christ, and many found other jobs. about a year later I saw the same guy who told me he did believe in God, was now a deacon in the church, he and his wife whom he divorce, re-married, and doing good. but what surprised me, he said this, he said, "I listen to what you all was talking about in the bible, but I didn't say anything". well that schocked me coming from him. but that made me realize people do "hear", even when you don't know that they are.

so, that's why I speak the word in or out of season, some where a root will take place. one plant, another water, but God give the increase.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good timeline (it looks like). The premise you started with was wrong, as I posted . Here's why more fully.

Did you see in Scripture where multitudes believe they are saved, right up until they actually die, even after resurrection (according to Jesus/ God's Word),
they think they've got it made ?
Did their 'peace', or 'joy', or anything save them ?

Thus, it is not a factor - it is not a certainty, if someone says they have peace, that they are right.

Rather, as with all things, everything is to be brought subject to Jesus, and as HE SAYS, as HIS WORD SAYS< tested - even if an angel of light says something,
even if an apostle says something - brings a message (as if from God) ,
DO WHAT? TEST IT - test the spirits, test the messages, before accepting them.

So do what , with peace? TEST IT. (yourself) Jesus does not say to seek God's Kingdom , and then stop seeking, does He? There is a reason He Says KEEP SEEKING. (to everyone seeking to enter the Kingdom of Heaven)...

To His Own Disciples/ Apostles/ to everyone >>> Jesus clearly said >>>
Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow ...
Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able.
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. New Living Translation "Work hard to enter the narrow door to God's Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail. English Standard Version "Strive to enter through the narrow door.

Farouk was referring to my peace with regards to the tattoo I had done - it wasn’t something I just randomly did , there was thought, study, prayer and discernment involved - and I have always had complete peace about it. The. You posted the following, making a statement about peace ......... and relayed that it can be a false peace........

I responded back with the following because it sounded as if you were making an indirect accusation about the peace I had ......and how it could mean I was not saved

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s funny how those two things are together, yet when the subject of the beard is brought up Joesph never addresses whether or not he trims the side of his beard !
Rita
Are you being a devil's advocate now ? (Is that permitted? Is that a Godly attitude?)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So do you believe Jesus changed some time in those years? God's Word became null and void sometime between ? God's Spirit failed to properly enlighten all the Ekklesia from the first century thru the last century, when they forbid tattoos?

If we were still under Leviticus law, you would still be making animal sacrifices

Reactions: farouk
R

Rita

Are you being a devil's advocate now ? (not a Godly attitude)
No Joseph I am not, You have been asked about whether you trim your beard ( shave ) and you have not answered the question ( saw it on another thread ) the point was being made was that it was also in the laviticus law - and yet Christian men ‘ shave their beards now - it’s not condemned.
Rita

Status
Not open for further replies.