Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your friend should have provided some ear plugs for you. Also the size of the gun may have been too much for you. They make smaller, but just as deadly, and less kick.

Shooting a rifle or shotgun from the shoulder, you have to hold it very tight against your shoulder. That makes a world of difference.

Stranger

Yes, it was some kind of rifle with the barrel cut down??? o_O

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ya, i notice they're all fulla answers when they get to pick the questions lol

Did you read where it has been passed...not sure if only Canada ( or uk and usa) where the women do not have to have their face uncovered for an ID photo?

What I saw was a lady call the police ( or whoever) and ask 'because of religious reasons' she could not have her face uncovered for a photo, but could she still purchase a gun and get a permit to carry. The answer was an overwhelming YES.
They offered to help her fill in the right form on line...a special form. She just said Thank you, I'll call back later to do it. Proving that the laws have been passed quietly and not many of us knew that. I didn't.
I can't remember where I saw the video... So, the women can now get a gun licence for any husband, son, brother, or whoever needs one...without an ID photo.
Sweet eh.

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, now I can't find what it is that I had just read and referred to that Job had said.

Here it is.

Didn't Jesus ask us not to resist an evil man ?
If your daughter was in danger of serious physical harm, possibly death, and you could stop it, would you?
Matthew 5:39
But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

We are, on the other hand, to resist the devil. So, it is a judgement call based on the circumstances...as Job has presented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the comment birdman is referring to.

Of course you are. All christian gun owners, including myself, having owned a gun for nearly 50 years, have those guns because we believe we will need them in our war against the Beast.

Makes total sense...

If he had been following the conversation, which he often fails to do, he would have seen that I was being facetious.

I hope that clears things up.:)

Reactions: ScottA

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe you're referring to a sawed off shotgun.

Did it look something like this?

dfc4ab8b3659d880368de7fcec522b97--graphics-tags.jpg

Or this?

main-qimg-eda47f6e8e54c4ca3b09905b95b73828-c

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I though this was about the liberal interpretation of gun control, I see ya'll got it right here, its really about how to control your guns. at least somebody gets it right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Did you read where it has been passed...not sure if only Canada ( or uk and usa) where the women do not have to have their face uncovered for an ID photo?

What I saw was a lady call the police ( or whoever) and ask 'because of religious reasons' she could not have her face uncovered for a photo, but could she still purchase a gun and get a permit to carry. The answer was an overwhelming YES.
They offered to help her fill in the right form on line...a special form. She just said Thank you, I'll call back later to do it. Proving that the laws have been passed quietly and not many of us knew that. I didn't.
I can't remember where I saw the video... So, the women can now get a gun licence for any husband, son, brother, or whoever needs one...without an ID photo.
Sweet eh.
ha. Well, i am not a "license" kind of guy, Helen; i "travel" in a vehicle with no license plates, and usually no DL either, because "driving" is a commercial enterprise, and requires a license, and the law allows for either, and the term you use is the one that will be used against you, in this case. Dunno why i am telling you this, i guess to point out how little the "license" conundrum means to me, in a way that is hopefully not taken as mocking. I could get a gun license for my dog or whatever; and i think someone has already done this on youtube even. Licenses = law, the same way guns = death, imo.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha. Well, i am not a "license" kind of guy, Helen; i "travel" in a vehicle with no license plates, and usually no DL either, because "driving" is a commercial enterprise, and requires a license, and the law allows for either, and the term you use is the one that will be used against you, in this case. Dunno why i am telling you this, i guess to point out how little the "license" conundrum means to me, in a way that is hopefully not taken as mocking. I could get a gun license for my dog or whatever; and i think someone has already done this on youtube even. Licenses = law, the same way guns = death, imo.

Sushhh don't say that out loud. :D They will come knocking at you door.
I understand the principle though. I remember hearing a preaching call Stuart Crane back in the 70's saying " Whenever a government requires a licence for anything, it is only so later on they can take it away.
He was talking about 'civil rights' which he said was a con. Because every man has been given rights by God...but as soon as one man allows another to "do something"...it is only for control, and can be removed at any time. That is how government work..." I allow you to do this"...( I can also not allow you to do this whenever I want )
Water was given to man by GOD...now in some places people are fined for digging a pond to collect water -" because it belongs to the government" !!!!!!!
I am totally amazed we don't need a licence to breath air...I thought God gave it...but I bet that is a wrong answer!!!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sushhh don't say that out loud. :D They will come knocking at you door.
I understand the principle though. I remember hearing a preaching call Stuart Crane back in the 70's saying " Whenever a government requires a licence for anything, it is only so later on they can take it away.
He was talking about 'civil rights' which he said was a con. Because every man has been given rights by God...but as soon as one man allows another to "do something"...it is only for control, and can be removed at any time. That is how government work..." I allow you to do this"...( I can also not allow you to do this whenever I want )
Water was given to man by GOD...now in some places people are fined for digging a pond to collect water -" because it belongs to the government" !!!!!!!
I am totally amazed we don't need a licence to breath air...I thought God gave it...but I bet that is a wrong answer!!!

Oh don't worry about that, I'm sure a carbon tax will be coming soon as well. You see, according to the global warming fanatics, there are too many people breathing, so we have to be taxed for it in an effort to reduce our "carbon footprint"..........:rolleyes:............yep.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh don't worry about that, I'm sure a carbon tax will be coming soon as well. You see, according to the global warming fanatics, there are too many people breathing, so we have to be taxed for it in an effort to reduce our "carbon footprint"..........:rolleyes:............yep.

Well said...but sadly probably very true...

Reactions: Dcopymope

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, I hope your experience did not scare you away from guns. Women can handle guns as well as any man. Like you said in your first post here, you wouldn't know how to use a gun if you had one. And that is the case for many people.

Hollywood likes to show people just picking up a gun and shootin and it fires all the time. But it doesn't work like that, you have to know what to do.

As I said on this forum before, I have seen these real police shows where women are at the mercy of an intruder. And all they needed was a gun. Any kind of gun would have saved them. Instead they are huddling in a closet fearful what is about to happen. And it happens. Why would anyone want to put themselves in this position.

For a woman I would suggest a short 20 gauge pump shotgun or a short double barrel 20 gauge, similar to the ones in the picture. For a rifle, I would suggest a 357 lever action. For a pistol I would say a 40 smith and wesson.

Do what every you can do in accordance with the gun laws where you live.

Stranger

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well, I hope your experience did not scare you away from guns. Women can handle guns as well as any man. Like you said in your first post here, you wouldn't know how to use a gun if you had one. And that is the case for many people.

Hollywood likes to show people just picking up a gun and shootin and it fires all the time. But it doesn't work like that, you have to know what to do.

As I said on this forum before, I have seen these real police shows where women are at the mercy of an intruder. And all they needed was a gun. Any kind of gun would have saved them. Instead they are huddling in a closet fearful what is about to happen. And it happens. Why would anyone want to put themselves in this position.

For a woman I would suggest a short 20 gauge pump shotgun or a short double barrel 20 gauge, similar to the ones in the picture. For a rifle, I would suggest a 357 lever action. For a pistol I would say a 40 smith and wesson.

Do what every you can do in accordance with the gun laws where you live.

Stranger

Hmmm....seems a little scary. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. Anyhoo! I have a machete and tomahawk instead! ;)

Reactions: Helen and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm....seems a little scary. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. Anyhoo! I have a machete and tomahawk instead! ;)

I'd rather face someone with a gun. The thought of getting sliced and diced...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd rather face someone with a gun. The thought of getting sliced and diced...

Ok, so shoot them first, then get to work and cut them into pieces after. That better for you? It would make it easier to quietly dispose of the body. Personally, if I'm going to kill someone, I would rather have fun doing it. ;)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just cut their foot or a limb off but not kill them If I can help it. :(

And do you think you can overpower a man with evil intent on his mind? Do you think he is not armed with something in some way? Don't believe hollywood that shows women fighting men and winning. You can forget it. And, you may be up against more than one. What then? The fear factor becomes great at that moment. And a woman many times will not use a knife or machette or tomahawk for fear that it will make matters worse.

But, if you have a gun, it will do everything you need it to do. It places you in charge of your protection.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so shoot them first, then get to work and cut them into pieces after. That better for you? It would make it easier to quietly dispose of the body. Personally, if I'm going to kill someone, I would rather have fun doing it. ;)

You sound like Ted Bundy. :D