"Hallowed be thy Name!" - WHAT name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just what IS God's Name?

• LORD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOD

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Jehovah ("Yahweh" in Hebrew)

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah (in English) is God's Name FOREVER.
Not LORD, God, Jesus, nor 'Holy Ghost'.
so I can take that as your name for God is man made :confused:. see, the reason why I gave the Revelation 1:1 test is also for this mistake by people who are ignorantly misguided in the false name Jehovah. if one go to the JW site and read their bible, (the New world translation) in Revelation 22:6 it says "yes, Jehovah the God who inspired the prophets sent his angel". and then in verse 16 of the same chapter, the same chapter it says "I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations". how ignorant can one be. in verse 6 it said Jehovah sent his angel, and then in verse 22 it says Jesus sent his angel. this lie of the NWT is so clear even Stevie Wonder can see that.

Listen up theQuestion, and twinc your own bible call itself a false writing. the bible says, in all thy getting, get UNDERSTANDING. Jehovah is a man made up name from the tetragrammaton, (YHWH, or as some say JHVH) or I AM which in Hebrew is H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. and it's a VERB, hear that, a VERB, and not a NOUN. Nouns identify personal names. not VERBS. how ignorant can some people be. following a verb of "WHAT" he is instead of "WHO" he is in name as a NOUN. it is pitiful I mean down right pitiful for some people to be so misguided. but oh well..o_O

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matters not at all what you say or conclude but it does matter what Jesus says "unless you believe that I AM Jehovah YOU SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS[Jn 8:24] - Jehovah was in the world and came unto His own but they knew Him not[Jn 1:10-11] and He said he that has seen me has seen Jehovah[Jn14:9] - twinc

Quoting only a portion of the account to hide what Jesus was saying is quite churchy.

Jesus was telling them who he was, and that they needed to believe him~

John 8:12- Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world..."
18- "I bear witness to myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness to me."
21- “I go away, and you will seek me and die in your sin; where I am going, you cannot come.”

23-He said to them, “You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world.
24- I told you that you would die in your sins, for you will die in your sins unless you believe that I am he.”

The phony "I AM" gambit will only work on those who refuse to think.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Immanuel" means "God is with us", and He still is today- with REAL Christians. AMEN!
"Jehu" means "He is Jehovah". And, sorry churchoids- he was not God.

Amen to the first part..
And the rest? Hummm We will see on That Day. We are all entitled to our “ opinions” :)

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus told us to address God as 'Father'.

In the Acts of the apostles, the apostles never feel the need to use God's name in their preaching.

The entire New Testament was written without using God's Name once - even when quoting from the Old Testament.

So debate over the 'correct' form of His Name is of academic interest only.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told us to address God as 'Father'.
In the Acts of the apostles, the apostles never feel the need to use God's name in their preaching.
The entire New Testament was written without using God's Name once - even when quoting from the Old Testament.
So debate over the 'correct' form of His Name is of academic interest only.

So, you really think Jesus referred to Him only as "LORD God"?
Think he was referring to "LORD God" when he taught all to honor His name?

Historical Documents show that the Rabbis destroyed the Aramaic and Hebrew New Testaments, thus explaining why Jehovah's Full Name is no longer included except in the conjugated Aramaic form of MAR-YAH, or Master YAH, or Adon-Yah.
In the Talmud, the rabbis discuss how to PROPERLY BURN WITH FIRE the gospels, but some rabbis are hesitant to do so because the gospels used the true Divine Name of Yahweh and some felt that burning the gospels WITH THE TRUE NAME is a greater mitzvah or good deed then somehow cutting out the sacred Name before burning them.This is documented in the Babylonian Talmud Shabbat 116 A, Jerusalem Talmud Shabbat 15C and the Tosefta Shabbat 13:5.

The following comes from Talmud Shabbat 116A. In this discussion several rabbis are discussing when a Torah scroll can be burned if damaged or defiled. The general consensus is that even in scrolls that have damaged or blank spaces must not be burned. Then the topic comes around to the scrolls or blank spaces in the books of the Minim or (Nazarene heretics) and how they should be handled. So the issue here is the places in the gospels (BOOKS OF THE MINIM) that contain the Divine Name. HOW SHOULD THOSE HERETICAL BOOKS BE HANDLED? SHOULD THEY BE BURNED?
In verse 16 below one rabbi asks if their Torah scrolls with the Divine or Sacred Name are the issue. Another answers NO. He is referring to the gospel (blank spaces) of the MINIM. In other words the gospel books not the Torah scrolls. As you can see below, one rabbi says that on a weekday when its not Shabbat we must get the GOSPEL BOOKS and remove the DIVINE NAMES before we burn the books and another who disagrees with him and states that those books are such trash that he would burn them even without REMOVING THE DIVINE NAMES; even if he had to take the books to a heathen temple should a Nazarene follow and chase him to get the gospels back. Though Talmud is not scripture, it is a wonderful historical confirmation that the original gospels or Books of The Minim [Nazarenes] DID HAVE THE DIVINE NAME and not KURIOS ("Lord") - the Greek substitute).

God Himself said that His Name Yahweh ("Jehovah" in English) would be His Name FOREVER!
Churchianity denies that since they have a Trio of Gods- choosing the name "Jesus", instead....

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation 22:6 it says "yes, Jehovah the God who inspired the prophets sent his angel". and then in verse 16 of the same chapter, the same chapter it says "I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations". how ignorant can one be. in verse 6 it said Jehovah sent his angel, and then in verse 22 it says Jesus sent his angel. this lie of the NWT is so clear even Stevie Wonder can see that.

Then why can't YOU?
Rev 1:1- The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified ["to present in signs"] it by his angel unto his servant John.

God either sent an angel, or Jesus as their Leader (Archangel) sent one.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, you really think Jesus referred to Him only as "LORD God"?
Think he was referring to "LORD God" when he taught all to honor His name?

God Himself said that His Name Yahweh ("Jehovah" in English) would be His Name FOREVER!
Churchianity denies that since they have a Trio of Gods- choosing the name "Jesus", instead....

You didn't read what I actually said.

I said, "Jesus told us to address God as 'Father'"
All the evidence in the Gospels is that Jesus referred to Him as "Father". So no, I don't think that Jesus called Him "LORD God"!

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't read what I actually said.

I said, "Jesus told us to address God as 'Father'"
All the evidence in the Gospels is that Jesus referred to Him as "Father". So no, I don't think that Jesus called Him "LORD God"!

Yes, and he also said to honor His NAME.
And , at Ex 3 He said it would be "Jehovah"...FOREVER!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, and he also said to honor His NAME.
And , at Ex 3 He said it would be "Jehovah"...FOREVER!

You limit God. The bible shows us through all the names in the bible if we take them only from Seth onward to Enoch and Noah..The NATURE is in the name...
Take Cain's line too..ever named child shows the nature and prophesy of the times...God speaks in both lines of decent.
God does not limit Himself to one name...His nature is shown ...but even that only scratches the surface.

The Names of God
Tip of the iceberg ..you need a larger vision of God.

Reactions: prashanthd

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay, whatever YOU say must be right..never mind...enjoy your day.
Enjoy your small god...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are now posting like Gymnsy or whatever his name is ...just posting more and louder and louder and using it like a hammer....as if that will change peoples minds! :rolleyes:

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are now posting like Gymnsy or whatever his name is ...just posting more and louder and louder and using it like a hammer....as if that will change peoples minds! :rolleyes:

Don't see an option to re-size them.
Sorry, Grace!
Even MORE sorry you reject what God and Christ say...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even MORE sorry you reject what God and Christ say...

Oh whoops you forgot to add yourself- "you reject what God and Christ and "I" say." :D
You are getting too humble there!

I will say this though, just so you know why I push back at you so much.
I have more respect for people who actually say.. IMHO
OR..."this is how I see it..."...."This is what I believe God has shown me."

People who are so darn sure that they are 100% right..and have had perfect hearing in learning from God and His book by The Spirit ..sadly come across as very cocky and sure of themselves.
Not a very endearing quality .
I have been on this path with the Lord for 54 years...and my constant prayer is:-
" Lord keep my heart open and teachable."

Jesus tells us the " My sheep know My voice...." That is what I listen for..HIS voice , when I read a post. And the reflection of His heart in what a person is trying to say.

Now you know where I am "coming from " :)
Your aggressive style makes some people not wish to engage with you. You tend to shout "at" us instead of talking "to" us.

I am glad that you are enjoying this site...it is a good site..glad that your are here.
As you can tell, I do not believe that any one person has "all truth" 100% that is why we are a Body.... "Every joint supplying." No one but Jesus has it all.

But, ....just saying...just my opinion :)

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh whoops you forgot to add yourself- "you reject what God and Christ and "I" say." :D
You are getting too humble there!

I will say this though, just so you know why I push back at you so much.
I have more respect for people who actually say.. IMHO
OR..."this is how I see it..."...."This is what I believe God has shown me."

People who are so darn sure that they are 100% right..and have had perfect hearing in learning from God and His book by The Spirit ..sadly come across as very cocky and sure of themselves.
Not a very endearing quality .
I have been on this path with the Lord for 54 years...and my constant prayer is:-
" Lord keep my heart open and teachable."

Jesus tells us the " My sheep know My voice...." That is what I listen for..HIS voice , when I read a post. And the reflection of His heart in what a person is trying to say.

Now you know where I am "coming from " :)
Your aggressive style makes some people not wish to engage with you. You tend to shout "at" us instead of talking "to" us.

I am glad that you are enjoying this site...it is a good site..glad that your are here.
As you can tell, I do not believe that any one person has "all truth" 100% that is why we are a Body.... "Every joint supplying." No one but Jesus has it all.

But, ....just saying...just my opinion :)

What God said his Name is, and that it would BE such FOREVER is no opinion, nor guess.
I don't know why you CAN'T be 100% sure- when HE said it.
Is it because you trust in Church rather than God?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it because you trust in Church rather than God?

Well I tried to connect with you...but you are so confident that you know everything. You don't
I left "church" and the teachings of man over 20 years ago.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt ANYONE thinks they know everything.
Are you saying YOU do?

Is being confident in what God and Christ said, instead of your clergy a mistake?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I doubt ANYONE thinks they know everything.
Are you saying YOU do?

Is being confident in what God and Christ said, instead of your clergy a mistake?

You don't even read posts correctly...I already said WHE ARE A BODY..because everyone is a PART, no one is a whole or has it all. INCLUDING ME!!

As I have now said three times on this Site...I DO NOT GO TO CHURCH. I HAVE NO CLERGY.

Is THAT clear enough for you yet? :rolleyes:
Are you so insecure that you just 'must' be right all the time