Have We become repentance-proof?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting that unrepentant sinners will not be forgiven their sins?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting that unrepentant sinners will not be forgiven their sins?
Repentance-less Christianity is a stagnant faith. Repentance brings Growth and maturation to the faith. Many churches are saying there is no need for repentance once you are saved. Those churches are stuck in spiritual infancy. The More we repent the more we align ourselves with the will of God versus our own will.

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? (Romans 2:4)

I am what I am by the grace of God.... that Grace leads to my repentance, not as an obligatory response (Works), but as a desire to respond to His goodness and align my being with his goodness, thus becoming stewards of His grace, and God's love being perfected in us.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But my question stands: if the sinner does not repent, will he or she be forgiven? It's a yes or no question. I'm happy to entertain a lengthy explanation of any Yes or No answer, but please lead with that "Yes" or "No" answer.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But my question stands: if the sinner does not repent, will he or she be forgiven? It's a yes or no question. I'm happy to entertain a lengthy explanation of any Yes or No answer, but please lead with that "Yes" or "No" answer.
The Cross atones for all sin in the believer, past present and future. Failure to repent will prevent you from receiving the full reward for your Christian life, and will keep you in Spiritual infancy. Repentance is the first fruit of the Spirit entering us when we are saved, and the later fruits that yield a harvest in us and through us as God's Love is perfected in us. Since you want a simple answer to your question, initial repentance is a sign (fruit) of the Spirit in us, so salvation is intricately tied to repentance and it is also a fruit that continues in that believer as he grows closer to God Salvation and repentance are inseparable. An unrepentant heart is a sign of one lacking faith in the first place.

Reactions: marks

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I will take that as a "No" answer. Good explanation. But definitely a "No" answer to my question.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I will take that as a "No" answer. Good explanation. But definitely a "No" answer to my question.
Actually, i disagree with your question as it is a trap that i will not fall into. ALL sin is forgiven by the blood when are saved and repent. If you did not repent you may not be saved. Salvation itself is tied to repentance, as the firstruit of the Spirit in the believer. The question is a hypothetical impossibility when understood rightly. A Christian life is a life of repentance.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, i disagree with your question as it is a trap that i will not fall into. ALL sin is forgiven by the blood when are saved and repent. If you did not repent you may not be saved. Salvation itself is tied to repentance, as the firstruit of the Spirit in the believer. The question is a hypothetical impossibility when understood rightly. A Christian life is a life of repentance.
So, a true Christian can't hep but repent? It is impossible for a true Christian NOT to repent? Fair enough. I'm not trying to trap anybody here.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, a true Christian can't hep but repent? It is impossible for a true Christian NOT to repent? Fair enough. I'm not trying to trap anybody here.
So then what do we say of those who are repentance-proof? Those who claim that repentance is for sinners only...by claiming that God can no longer see their sins....which are forgiven even as they are committed?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cross atones for all sin in the believer, past present and future. Failure to repent will prevent you from receiving the full reward for your Christian life, and will keep you in Spiritual infancy. Repentance is the first fruit of the Spirit entering us when we are saved, and the later fruits that yield a harvest in us and through us as God's Love is perfected in us. Since you want a simple answer to your question, initial repentance is a sign (fruit) of the Spirit in us, so salvation is intricately tied to repentance and it is also a fruit that continues in that believer as he grows closer to God Salvation and repentance are inseparable. An unrepentant heart is a sign of one lacking faith in the first place.
Can you direct me to the passage that states Christ paid for all your future sins and they are already forgiven ?

Why would John say if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins if they are already forgiven ?

Thats nonsensical.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you direct me to the passage that states Christ paid for all your future sins and they are already forgiven ?
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Col. 2:13

All means everyone of them, Past present future, the sins we are unaware of committing, etc. Repentance comes into play when we are made aware of those sins....(Convicted by the Spirit) The cross cleanses us of all sin. It is not a temporary sacrifice like the blood of bulls and goats. The freedom and peace of a believer lies in this understanding.