Having Hard Time

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am having an ongoing issue that has gone on for too long. I am still in vexation. The more and more this keeps going, the more I become distracted by it. I ask God how much of this I must go through and desire for it come to an end. I've had way more than I can bear. I am vexed. I want to go back to the state I was forced to leave, which I didn't want to leave. I had to come with my parents to the state I am currently in, but I don't want to stay. They caused me to be in anger. I have been in a state of unhappiness for a year now, going back to this time in 2021. I was forced to come to Florida, and I want to go back to Oregon. I am just about at my limit of toleration regarding this. I'm probably at a breaking point. I'm tired of all the things holding this up.

The difficult thing is where is a place for me to stay or be. I need prayer. For the impossible to be possible. I also need prayer against Satan's plans towards me, and for the devil's plan against me to fail. If God is with me on my intentions, I need prayer to be helped with my unbelief and the powers of confusion to be broken.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am having an ongoing issue that has gone on for too long. I am still in vexation. The more and more this keeps going, the more I become distracted by it. I ask God how much of this I must go through and desire for it come to an end. I've had way more than I can bear. I am vexed. I want to go back to the state I was forced to leave, which I didn't want to leave. I had to come with my parents to the state I am currently in, but I don't want to stay. They caused me to be in anger. I have been in a state of unhappiness for a year now, going back to this time in 2021. I was forced to come to Florida, and I want to go back to Oregon. I am just about at my limit of toleration regarding this. I'm probably at a breaking point. I'm tired of all the things holding this up.

The difficult thing is where is a place for me to stay or be. I need prayer. For the impossible to be possible. I also need prayer against Satan's plans towards me, and for the devil's plan against me to fail. If God is with me on my intentions, I need prayer to be helped with my unbelief and the powers of confusion to be broken.

Praying for you.

Hang in there!

Reactions: MatthewG

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am praying now for your situation brother. It seems when we are at the end of our endurance, He seems to come through in the very last second...to us that is, but the waiting is Him preparing the perfect timing and all that goes along with that timing of His. The scripture about "I believe, help thou my unbelief" is one I have used very recently. There WAS NO WAY!!!! But...then there was :)
Relax, KNOW He has heard you so, just thank Him from now on that He has this for you and, that you will recognize those doors He opens, and shuts. Yes indeed, He is the God of the "impossible" :)
My heart hurts for you brother, I've been there and understand so...try to rest in His peace knowing that HIS plans for you totally trump satan's!
God bless and keep you in peace.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be encouraged.

Read Mark Chapter 9 if you would like.

One of the hardest things for us to do is to look and rely on God as we live in this life. One way to reinforce our trust in God is to read the word, and remember that help is founded in following the Lord Jesus Christ. He can is the only one able to give you rest to your soul in all of life difficult situations that come about in life.

Hope you get to where you need to and remember that God is there for you, he does desire to help you along the way by the Holy Spirit, so do not be afraid to engage God and tell him everything going on, and to help lead you in the way that he would desire for you to go which it will take on our part on our effort to decide to lean on God by the Holy Spirit, or to lean on ourselves and our own understandings.

Proverbs 3:6

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Be encouraged.

Read Mark Chapter 9 if you would like.

One of the hardest things for us to do is to look and rely on God as we live in this life. One way to reinforce our trust in God is to read the word, and remember that help is founded in following the Lord Jesus Christ. He can is the only one able to give you rest to your soul in all of life difficult situations that come about in life.

Hope you get to where you need to and remember that God is there for you, he does desire to help you along the way by the Holy Spirit, so do not be afraid to engage God and tell him everything going on, and to help lead you in the way that he would desire for you to go which it will take on our part on our effort to decide to lean on God by the Holy Spirit, or to lean on ourselves and our own understandings.

Proverbs 3:6
@MatthewG Great verse there from Proverbs... :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Precious friend, I will pray for you. Please Be Encouraged and Edified!:

GRACE Word For our infirmities!

Reactions: amadeus

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your profile says that you're 35, but you had to move with your parents at 34? Are you disabled?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, yes, and changing circumstance that cause someone to move back to one's parents, if indeed they are able to receive someone back for a while....

The Lord knows all our varying circumstances....
I'm asking to determine circumstances. I had a friend named John who had brain damage and lived with his parents because his only other options were another competent family member or an institution. He found a girlfriend, also of limited faculty, and wanted to live with her, but neither was fully competent to live on their own.
I don't pray for people's circumstances to change unless I understand the circumstances. People have a slight tendency to justify their behavior as God's will when it isn't.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm asking to determine circumstances. I had a friend named John who had brain damage and lived with his parents because his only other options were another competent family member or an institution. He found a girlfriend, also of limited faculty, and wanted to live with her, but neither was fully competent to live on their own.
I don't pray for people's circumstances to change unless I understand the circumstances. People have a slight tendency to justify their behavior as God's will when it isn't.
@michaelvpardo Interesting account. As per Revelation 3.7, ppl's circumstances - how ever defined - can involve the Lord opening and shutting doors:

"And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth".

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@michaelvpardo Interesting account. As per Revelation 3.7, ppl's circumstances - how ever defined - can involve the Lord opening and shutting doors:

"And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth".
I don't disagree, but I've heard professing Christians justify abandoning a spouse and living with someone else as "God's will." Ultimately God uses even our bad choices to accomplish His will, but He typically doesn't call us to transgress His commandments.

There's a popular saying, "Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it." We rarely know what's best for us, but our God does.

A Christian coworker once told me that seeking deliverance from circumstances is living a defeated life and that Christ is glorified in our victories, not our defeats. I don't know if that's true, but all trials have purpose, patience being the most important.

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Christian coworker once told me that seeking deliverance from circumstances is living a defeated life and that Christ is glorified in our victories, not our defeats. I don't know if that's true, but all trials have purpose, patience being the most important.
Interesting. I like that.

I like to believe I've always embraced my circumstances to the best of my ability, but as challenges continue to increase in difficulty, I find myself more and more praying for deliverance as if it's not God that has placed the extra brick on my load. I guess the more faithful part of me would conclude that, but sometimes it is difficult to know when we are to fight and when we are to dig in and hunker down.

Patience is a lesson in both scenarios for sure.

Like any tribulation, though, I do believe it's important to accept that God will deliver us through it, not from it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't disagree, but I've heard professing Christians justify abandoning a spouse and living with someone else as "God's will." Ultimately God uses even our bad choices to accomplish His will, but He typically doesn't call us to transgress His commandments.

There's a popular saying, "Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it." We rarely know what's best for us, but our God does.

@michaelvpardo Oh I've noticed recently how patience seems to be such a key word in Scripture.

We do indeed need to be able to pray Thy will be done...

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. I like that.

I like to believe I've always embraced my circumstances to the best of my ability, but as challenges continue to increase in difficulty, I find myself more and more praying for deliverance as if it's not God that has placed the extra brick on my load. I guess the more faithful part of me would conclude that, but sometimes it is difficult to know when we are to fight and when we are to dig in and hunker down.

Patience is a lesson in both scenarios for sure.

Like any tribulation, though, I do believe it's important to accept that God will deliver us through it, not from it.
While God can remove you from some set of circumstances, if you're intended to learn from those circumstances, then they'll probably recurr (or something similar regarding His purpose in you.)

Reactions: GEN2REV

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I say patience is key, because salvation is revealed in the patience of the saints.
@michaelvpardo Interesting what John says in Revelation 1.9:

"I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Reactions: michaelvpardo