Having Hard Time

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@michaelvpardo Interesting what John says in Revelation 1.9:

"I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ."
Yes, and some people ignore the epistle of James, but:
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing James1:2-4

Reactions: GEN2REV and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, and some people ignore the epistle of James, but:
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing James1:2-4
@michaelvpardo I love also how the Lord Jesus says in John 16.33: "In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world." :)

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@michaelvpardo Well there is both the principle of tribulation (John 16.33) and the unique, future great tribulation event (Matthew 24).
Just teasing brother. But:

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. Isaiah 43:2
God wants us to have this kind of faith. Whether here or not, fear is not faith. How many martyrs faced certain death?
7 days, 7 years, or a lifetime of trials, we're called to perseverance, but my understanding is that He is able to make us persevere by the power of His Spirit and the great promises of His word. Amen.

Reactions: GEN2REV

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just teasing brother. But:

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. Isaiah 43:2
God wants us to have this kind of faith. Whether here or not, fear is not faith. How many martyrs faced certain death?
7 days, 7 years, or a lifetime of trials, we're called to perseverance, but my understanding is that He is able to make us persevere by the power of His Spirit and the great promises of His word. Amen.
@michaelvpardo Hebrews 7:25: "...able to save..."

Jude 24: "...able to keep..." :)

Reactions: michaelvpardo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. I like that.

I like to believe I've always embraced my circumstances to the best of my ability, but as challenges continue to increase in difficulty, I find myself more and more praying for deliverance as if it's not God that has placed the extra brick on my load. I guess the more faithful part of me would conclude that, but sometimes it is difficult to know when we are to fight and when we are to dig in and hunker down.

Patience is a lesson in both scenarios for sure.

Like any tribulation, though, I do believe it's important to accept that God will deliver us through it, not from it.
Wow, I can so relate to this!

Reactions: Lambano and GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ Tribulation in the believer's like is not unusual, right? but we also have the precious promise in John 16.33 that the Lord Jesus has overcome the world.
That's one of my favorite verses.

Without it, I can't tell you how many times I might've folded.

Jesus spoke that knowing exactly who, and how many, would really need it from time to time.

Thank the Good Lord.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am having an ongoing issue that has gone on for too long. I am still in vexation. The more and more this keeps going, the more I become distracted by it. I ask God how much of this I must go through and desire for it come to an end. I've had way more than I can bear. I am vexed. I want to go back to the state I was forced to leave, which I didn't want to leave. I had to come with my parents to the state I am currently in, but I don't want to stay. They caused me to be in anger. I have been in a state of unhappiness for a year now, going back to this time in 2021. I was forced to come to Florida, and I want to go back to Oregon. I am just about at my limit of toleration regarding this. I'm probably at a breaking point. I'm tired of all the things holding this up.

The difficult thing is where is a place for me to stay or be. I need prayer. For the impossible to be possible. I also need prayer against Satan's plans towards me, and for the devil's plan against me to fail. If God is with me on my intentions, I need prayer to be helped with my unbelief and the powers of confusion to be broken.
Sometimes when we are in circumstances we find difficult it is just so hard to understand why ,or what purpose they can serve. If you read accounts in scripture , like Joseph for example, things happened to him that would have caused a whole range of negative emotions. However through it all he focussed on how to serve God within those situations. I am sure he would have desired to be back where he was at times.
I am sure he had a whole range of emotions to work through after his brothers did what they did to him. His journey took many many years, but through it all he honoured God and trusted him. I am sure he had bad days where that was a real effort. God not only used Him and his circumstances to enable him to grow and change but also used it for others and future generations.
I know it’s hard to be where you don’t want to be, through those times in my life I have come to wholeheartedly believe Romans 8:28 because I have seen so much good come out of difficult situations that I have faced……….
Rita

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am having an ongoing issue that has gone on for too long. I am still in vexation. The more and more this keeps going, the more I become distracted by it. I ask God how much of this I must go through and desire for it come to an end. I've had way more than I can bear. I am vexed. I want to go back to the state I was forced to leave, which I didn't want to leave. I had to come with my parents to the state I am currently in, but I don't want to stay. They caused me to be in anger. I have been in a state of unhappiness for a year now, going back to this time in 2021. I was forced to come to Florida, and I want to go back to Oregon. I am just about at my limit of toleration regarding this. I'm probably at a breaking point. I'm tired of all the things holding this up.

The difficult thing is where is a place for me to stay or be. I need prayer. For the impossible to be possible. I also need prayer against Satan's plans towards me, and for the devil's plan against me to fail. If God is with me on my intentions, I need prayer to be helped with my unbelief and the powers of confusion to be broken.
Praying for you. The Lord is peace and love and will bless you with such if you let him.