Heavenly trumps?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might more appropriately have been posted in a current events thread, but since I believe that it has more pertinence to "end times" I'm bringing it here.
Last fall, a day or two before my birthday, (a day or so after Rosh Hashanah 2015 AD) I was looking over the work that needs to be done in my back yard, late in the day, approaching sundown, when I was surprised by a very loud sound that seemed to fill the air from all directions. This sound was like the blast of a horn, but with less high frequency components than your typical brass instrument. I literally turned around in all directions to try to find a direction to the source, but couldn't. The sound was a pure tone without variation in pitch or volume and lasted for at least 6 or 7 seconds, possibly longer. It reminded me of the sound used in the remake of the movie "War of the Worlds" that was issued by the invading machines just prior to an attack, (and I believe that the movie chose to make the sound resemble that of a great horn blast for its biblical allusion.) I wasn't frightened, but did feel some anxiety or anticipation at the sound (the first thing that came to mind was "the last trump of God"). As suddenly as it started it stopped, but was replaced by the sound of a truck horn from a vehicle passing below my house on Rt. 18 (central NJ). The truck horn was close to the same pitch, but a little lower and varied (with the Doppler effect) as it approached and passed my location. My brain immediately dismissed the incident because of the coincidence of the sound with the truck horn, but in retrospect (in the light of the physics of sound and moving objects) and the fact that the truck horn was distinctly different from the former sound (and had definite direction) I realized that some enthusiastic trucker had given a blast of his own horn in response to the sound in the air (not uncommon with truckers.)
While experiencing something like this can give you pause to doubt your senses and sanity, I was surprised to learn that this phenomenon is world wide and has been occurring for a number of years now. I found this out first when I viewed the last episode of the new season of X files and the character Agent Mulder walked out onto his lawn to listen and observe what was happening when he himself heard the sound of trumpeting from the sky. I did a quick search on line for "trumpet sounds phenomena" and was presented with a series of u-tube videos where the phenomenon was captured on cell phones at various locations around the world ranging from the former Soviet Union to South America. Some of the videos had low and poor audio quality, but some were quite clear and seemed more like Sci-Fi than reality. I even found a short video that compared audio spectrum analysis of the sounds captured to those of a musical instrument and a shofar (ram's horn) and the evidence actually pointed to something closer to the latter than the former. There were also videos and articles "debunking" the phenomenon, but I don't need to debunk what I've experienced myself.
I know the significance of "the last trump," but I'm unsure what would be the point of these shofar blasts prior to the last trump if the phenomenon is indeed of angelic origin.
Has anyone else in the forums experienced the phenomenon? Or does anyone have any knowledge of or possible insight into the meaning of these blasts in the context of Jewish tradition?
I did look up "the meaning of Shofar blasts" on line and found some Hebrew explanations that were generalized and rather broad in context, and went so far as to send an e-mail to one gentleman of the Jewish faith that wrote an article, but have not as yet received a response (I wrote to him on Shabbat so I wasn't really expecting a quick reply if any.)
I've been convinced for some time that the earth is "in travail" so I'll appreciate any input that goes beyond scoffing (which I expect from at least one predator on the forums.)

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1​

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
When I looked into the reports a few years ago it was dismissed as a hoax.
The world always dismisses unexplainable phenomenon as a hoax. My experience of it is by no means a proof of it, but how is this hoax being perpetrated on a global scale. Even from the point of view of physical science, how does one produce surround sound in an open air environment without any apparent physical source of the sound? If you broadcast a frequency, sound or electromagnetic, from 2 or more points, you will be able to observe interference phenomena even if the signals are in phase at the source (at some points in space the signals will be in phase, but at other points the amplitudes will add to or subtract from one another producing what we call beat frequencies.) Surround sound and simulcast broadcasting works in limited ranges because of the introduction of signal delay calculated to allow minimal interference at a desired location.

thanks for the link though, I took a look and it seems to be about loud percussive sounds rather than trumpeting or extended pure tones in the air. The few articles that I've taken a look at say that these sounds don't come from the ground or from outer space and as yet remain unexplained in any way.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Satan knows that it is the last of the last days for him and there is spiritual fight going on that rips the dimensions some times. But the Rapture will rip it wide open , and after will all the delusions and Hell will follow.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
There are so many liars that want Christians to look even more foolish before the world. I believe they would even make fake videos for that purpose.

So unless I heard it myself I wouldn't believe it.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And

Balaam’s Donkey
21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.
24 Then the angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path through the vineyards, with walls on both sides. 25 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it pressed close to the wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he beat the donkey again.
26 Then the angel of the Lord moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”
29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”
30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”
“No,” he said.
31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.
32 The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me.[a] 33 The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”
34 Balaam said to the angel of the Lord, “I have sinned. I did not realize you were standing in the road to oppose me. Now if you are displeased, I will go back.”
35 The angel of the Lord said to Balaam, “Go with the men, but speak only what I tell you.” So Balaam went with Balak’s officials.
36 When Balak heard that Balaam was coming, he went out to meet him at the Moabite town on the Arnon border, at the edge of his territory. 37 Balak said to Balaam, “Did I not send you an urgent summons? Why didn’t you come to me? Am I really not able to reward you?”
38 “Well, I have come to you now,” Balaam replied. “But I can’t say whatever I please. I must speak only what God puts in my mouth.”
39 Then Balaam went with Balak to Kiriath Huzoth.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
There are so many liars that want Christians to look even more foolish before the world. I believe they would even make fake videos for that purpose.

What it the sea turned to blood or stars fell from the sky? I'm sure that the world would attempt to find an alternative explanation, but my question was has anyone else on the forums experienced this (other than myself) and does anyone understand what the significance would be? The church at large has very little relation to its historic Hebrew roots, so I don't anticipate that anyone from a strictly Christian background would know the meaning of Shofar blasts. Like Bugle blasts in the military, different types of sounds produced by the Shofar have their own meaning and I'd like to avoid having to research through Jewish traditional materials to find out what that might be, but I will if no one has some insight to offer.

Wikipedia has quite a bit to say on the use of the Shofar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shofar

I like this one particularly as it would seem relevant to the condition of the church in the west (as I see it.): The shofar says, "Awake, sleepers from your sleep, and slumberers arise from your slumber!" Mishneh Torah, Laws of Repentance 3:4.[11

The sound that I heard would probably most resemble what Wikipedia calls the Tekiah: "The tekiah (or "t'kiah"or "t'qiah") was a plain deep sound ending abruptly," though the tone that I heard wasn't all that deep, probably close to about 900 hertz (cycles per second). But from the article its unclear if anyone even knows the original use and meaning of the shofar blasts as used by the armies of Israel.

Another Jewish web site gives a meaning for "the tekiah" (at least a modern one): The object of Rosh Hashana is to crown God as our King. Tekiah ― the long, straight shofar blast ― is the sound of the King's coronation. http://www.aish.com/h/hh/rh/shofar/Shofar_Symbolism.html, but I wouldn't see any relevance to this until the Lord returns in glory (so I must be missing something.)

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
I have to concur. IMHO, a lot of UFO sightings can be attributable to how the enemy works. It causes people to focus into outer space instead of focusing inwardly and about God.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael V Pardo said:
What it the sea turned to blood or stars fell from the sky? I'm sure that the world would attempt to find an alternative explanation, but my question was has anyone else on the forums experienced this (other than myself) and does anyone understand what the significance would be? The church at large has very little relation to its historic Hebrew roots, so I don't anticipate that anyone from a strictly Christian background would know the meaning of Shofar blasts. Like Bugle blasts in the military, different types of sounds produced by the Shofar have their own meaning and I'd like to avoid having to research through Jewish traditional materials to find out what that might be, but I will if no one has some insight to offer.

Wikipedia has quite a bit to say on the use of the Shofar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shofar

I like this one particularly as it would seem relevant to the condition of the church in the west (as I see it.): The shofar says, "Awake, sleepers from your sleep, and slumberers arise from your slumber!" Mishneh Torah, Laws of Repentance 3:4.[11

The sound that I heard would probably most resemble what Wikipedia calls the Tekiah: "The tekiah (or "t'kiah"or "t'qiah") was a plain deep sound ending abruptly," though the tone that I heard wasn't all that deep, probably close to about 900 hertz (cycles per second). But from the article its unclear if anyone even knows the original use and meaning of the shofar blasts as used by the armies of Israel.

Another Jewish web site gives a meaning for "the tekiah" (at least a modern one): The object of Rosh Hashana is to crown God as our King. Tekiah ― the long, straight shofar blast ― is the sound of the King's coronation. http://www.aish.com/h/hh/rh/shofar/Shofar_Symbolism.html, but I wouldn't see any relevance to this until the Lord returns in glory (so I must be missing something.)
Shalom, Michael.
There are actually four different blasts that are played on a shofar, either the ram's horn shofar or the greater Kudu antelope's horn shofar:
1. Teqiy`ah - a loud blast on a single note
2. SheVariym - three short blasts of a single note
3. Teruw`ah - a quaver of nine blasts in rapid succession
4. Teqiy`ah gedowlah - a long, loud blast that usually ends with a short, high-pitched fifth above the long note played as the player belts it out at the end.

These four blasts are played in a particular order on Ro'sh HaShannah (unless it falls on a Shabbat):
1-2-3-1
1-2-3-1
1-2-3-1
1-2-1
1-2-1
1-2-1
1-3-1
1-3-1
1-3-1
1-3-4

In the normal Shabbat service, if there is one who plays the shofar, it will simply be ...
1-2-3-4

Yep, you're missing the Mashiyach haMelekh - the One Anointed to be the King!

But, there are many reasons for blowing a shofar: It could be a call to battle; it could be a call for assembly on a holy day; it could be a warning of impending disaster; or it could be in celebration of a special event, such as a victory. In David's time, the shofar was used for various purposes in their military communications: as an order to assemble, to attack, to retreat, a reveille, and as a general warning sign, much as our nation's army used the bugle in the past.

In our modern Messianic Jewish services, it can also be a call to worship.

Also, 900 Hz would be close to an A# just under C two octaves above Middle C, am I right? Yeah, that's pretty high-pitched. I've never had the experience; so, I cannot comment. I can't say "yea" or "nay" on this one.

Oh, I could add that my first experience in a Messianic Jewish synagogue had Robin Mark's song "Days of Elijah" being sung and at the chorus, when everyone was singing "Behold he comes, riding on the clouds, shining like the sun, at the trumpet call,... all the shofars that people had in the service with them (many have their own shofars) were blown all over the sanctuary! It was an AMAZING experience! I thought the Rapture was going to happen right then! LOL! It DOES give one goose-bumps!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Michael.

Yep, you're missing the Mashiyach haMelekh - the One Anointed to be the King!

But, there are many reasons for blowing a shofar: It could be a call to battle; it could be a call for assembly on a holy day; it could be a warning of impending disaster; or it could be in celebration of a special event, such as a victory. In David's time, the shofar was used for various purposes in their military communications: as an order to assemble, to attack, to retreat, a reveille, and as a general warning sign, much as our nation's army used the bugle in the past.

In our modern Messianic Jewish services, it can also be a call to worship.

Also, 900 Hz would be close to an A# just under C two octaves above Middle C, am I right? Yeah, that's pretty high-pitched. I've never had the experience; so, I cannot comment. I can't say "yea" or "nay" on this one.
Shalom brother,
Thanks for the input. I tend to forget the frequencies of musical notes (though I like to play rhythm guitar) and I was judging the frequency approximately, because I use a standard 1000Hz test tone on a daily basis at work, checking deviation on 2 way radios. I can usually whistle at about 1000Hz (give or take about 10). I don't think of it as a high pitch as normal radio communications includes most verbal intelligence in the range of 300 -3000 Hz, while the human ear can hear sounds quite a bit higher (as a youth I could hear ultrasonic alarm systems in department stores and at the NY Museum of Natural history (in their gem room). I suppose that in music it must be considered pretty high.

I've been awaiting the judgment upon this world since I was a small child (which might be due to having been raised in the cold war era), but it wasn't until I believed the gospel and gave my will up to the Lord's, that I began writing messages about the judgment of our nation and by implication of the world. I was expecting something evil on the days approaching September 11th, 2001 and had scheduled vacation starting on the 12th to go visit my mother for her birthday as it seemed like a good time to be out of town. I considered that evil day to be "a warning shot" and find it interesting that the first reports I can find mentioned of the "trump" sounds came in summer of 2011 (though I have no way to verify the dates). If the intervening 10 years were "space for repentance" what then would be the significance of the sounds? This is just a hypothetical discussion as there doesn't appear to be any more witnesses on the forum of this phenomenon, so I'm just looking for a hypothetical answer.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael V Pardo said:
Shalom brother,
Thanks for the input. I tend to forget the frequencies of musical notes (though I like to play rhythm guitar) and I was judging the frequency approximately, because I use a standard 1000Hz test tone on a daily basis at work, checking deviation on 2 way radios. I can usually whistle at about 1000Hz (give or take about 10). I don't think of it as a high pitch as normal radio communications includes most verbal intelligence in the range of 300 -3000 Hz, while the human ear can hear sounds quite a bit higher (as a youth I could hear ultrasonic alarm systems in department stores and at the NY Museum of Natural history (in their gem room). I suppose that in music it must be considered pretty high.

I've been awaiting the judgment upon this world since I was a small child (which might be due to having been raised in the cold war era), but it wasn't until I believed the gospel and gave my will up to the Lord's, that I began writing messages about the judgment of our nation and by implication of the world. I was expecting something evil on the days approaching September 11th, 2001 and had scheduled vacation starting on the 12th to go visit my mother for her birthday as it seemed like a good time to be out of town. I considered that evil day to be "a warning shot" and find it interesting that the first reports I can find mentioned of the "trump" sounds came in summer of 2011 (though I have no way to verify the dates). If the intervening 10 years were "space for repentance" what then would be the significance of the sounds? This is just a hypothetical discussion as there don't appear to be any more witnesses on the forum of this phenomenon, so I'm just looking for a hypothetical answer.
Shalom, again, Michael.

Well, the note is not THAT high; after all, the highest note on a piano is C four octaves above Middle C, and its frequency is 4,186.0 Hz.

Yeah, being the son of a Fundamental, Independent, Baptist preacher, I was ALWAYS hearing about this possibility or the other for the coming of the Lord. I have my copy of 88 Reasons Why the Lord Could Come Back in 1988 as well as a plethora of others. I've always heard that the "space for repentance" was 40 years. I've also been told that the Lord would come back before 1988 because that would be 40 years after 1948, when Israel became a nation again, and we should be in the generation that sees the Lord return. (Consequently, we were also told that a generation, from the time one generation enters adulthood to the time the next generation enters adulthood, would also be 40 years. My dad still expects to see the Lord return before he dies, and he'll be 82 this year in November.)

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, again, Michael.

I've always heard that the "space for repentance" was 40 years.
Hey, I'm just a goy that the Lord chose to call to Himself, so I'm just guessing on some things. On one website written by a Jewish fellow in Israel (one still waiting for the coming of the Messiah) there was mention of 10 days of repentance in association with Rosh Hashanah, and my brain just said "10 days, maybe 10 years, who knows!"
I know very little of Jewish tradition and most of what I did hear about was from a NY radio ministry run by two born again Jewish believers in Yashua Ha mashiach (pardon my spelling) one of which was recently called home. I think that one of them wrote "the Harbinger," though with a failing memory and no copy on hand I'm a little unsure.
The fellow whose work I read on line seemed a little worked up by the "trump sound phenomenon," hoping that this was an indication of the coming of the King, but apparently not enough to answer my e-mail.
There's a lot of things that have happened over the years which I feel no need to explain, but this isn't one of them.