Hello All.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would just like to share some of my experience's as I walk along with Jesus.

Got saved 25 years ago. Had some real ups and some downs. Then it hit me. I really never gave up my life. I just wanted to go to heaven. I really don't want to pick up my cross and follow. There is some pain in that. I still struggle with my temper. I still struggle to love the people around me. I actually do not like some of them. I cant talk to people in Church. So there is a horrible side to me I don't like. Kinda selfish side. I tried witnessing to people but feel they don't want Jesus and I am wasting my time. I would like to share some here soon.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Got saved 25 years ago. Had some real ups and some downs. Then it hit me. I really never gave up my life. I just wanted to go to heaven. I really don't want to pick up my cross and follow. There is some pain in that. I still struggle with my temper. I still struggle to love the people around me. I actually do not like some of them. I cant talk to people in Church. So there is a horrible side to me I don't like. Kinda selfish side. I tried witnessing to people but feel they don't want Jesus and I am wasting my time. I would like to share some here soon.
Welcome to the forum.

Likely some here as well will not "hear" what you are saying. Just keep on trusting God and following Him no matter what anyone else does or does not do.

Reactions: pia and Ally.s.j

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome to our little outpost.

Your struggles are not uncommon. I've been on this Journey for 40 years and I still trip over some of the things you mentioned. Don't beat yourself up over it. Be open and honest when addressing the Lord and He will remain with you for as long as you want Him to. I'm still amazed, after all that I've done, He still answers my prayers. He truly is a wonderful God.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Welcome to the forum....even though we have already met on one of the boards already!

Reactions: Ally.s.j

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

No one wants to know Jesus when you're preaching at them, because love is not a matter of talking, but of power.

1 Corinthians 4:20 (NIV)
20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter talk but of power.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No one wants to know Jesus when you're preaching at them, because love is not a matter of talking, but of power.

1 Corinthians 4:20 (NIV)
20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter talk but of power.
Is that been your experiance? I dont for one minute think no wants Jesus when I am preaching, I do preach in love and teach in love. and I just explian how the church has got so much in reverse. Then I tell them about there value to God. Why I just got told on Sunday after praying with a woman. She then prayed and said Ally does'nt even know the effect he is having on people. I thought man that was nice thank you. In order to share the good news you need to speak to them. Its easy when you preach good news and set the captives free.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is that been your experiance? I dont for one minute think no wants Jesus when I am preaching, I do preach in love and teach in love. and I just explian how the church has got so much in reverse. Then I tell them about there value to God. Why I just got told on Sunday after praying with a woman. She then prayed and said Ally does'nt even know the effect he is having on people. I thought man that was nice thank you. In order to share the good news you need to speak to them. Its easy when you preach good news and set the captives free.
I tell you this, it is not I or you who sets captives free, but by the power of God.
If our words could change the hearts of those born into bondage, then we would not need the power of God. For it is by his spirit those who are captives to sin are set free. Although the words of God may prick many in their hearts, it is only by the power of God that they can understand that word.

Until then, they know nothing.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I tell you this, it is not I or you who sets captives free, but by the power of God.
If our words could change the hearts of those born into bondage, then we would not need the power of God. For it is by his spirit those who are captives to sin are set free. Although the words of God may prick many in their hearts, it is only by the power of God that they can understand that word.

Until then, they know nothing.
Did I look like I was stealing God glory to you there.