Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent
He says grace—the part that we all agree on—is the reason you can reject Christ in unbelief after being saved and you remain saved. Everyone seems oblivious to this new Hyper Grace theology sweeping through the church except those who have fallen for it.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He says grace—the part that we all agree on—is the reason you can reject Christ in unbelief after being saved and you remain saved. Everyone seems oblivious to this new Hyper Grace theology sweeping through the church except those who have fallen for it.
I was simply commenting on a particular post. I don't have an ax to grind.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is not a license to sin and be rewarded with heaven....that what I say

You know what “ I “ say? The same thing.....we are in agreement here...

Reactions: BarneyFife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again....
So are you saying that someone that believes in Christ can commit all manner of sin...lifelong...lifestyle can go to heaven?
Homosexuals
drug users
abortionists
murderers
child molesters
rapists
etc

Are we going to spend eternity with these people in heaven?

In a word? Yes.....If they have the Holy Spirit in them....if they “ Have” that Spirit in them, the odds are VERY remote that they would continue in theses sins....sometimes it takes a long time for God to Transform a person....Sometimes God just might strike a person dead in their tracks, not wanting to see Himself and His Grace Mocked.....If a person has Turned to God with Faith in Jesus Christ, it is this Faith that determines his Salvation—- NOT his behavior .....despite how despicable it may be....for the Believer in the Gospel, it’s a hard pill for us to swallow , but God is not a liar—- “ HE” is the One that said “Where sin abounds, Grace Super abounds”, not me.....it’s not called “AMAZING” Grace for no reason.....

Moses,David and Paul were all murderers.....they will be in Heaven with all of the “ good” non- murderers.....how did they get there? Faith.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There in nothing here that speaks to the topic I or anyone is discussing with you.
Anybody mentions obedience and you try to twist the topic.
No one is saying obedience saves you...
And I have never said that being good is salvation
But being bad can get you to hell.
Christianity is not a license to sin and be rewarded with heaven....that what I say.

You say “ Obedience does not Save” yet then you turn around and say that without it ( being bad) you will,go to Hell......Don't you see how that makes no sense?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is for good people and hell is for evil....an elementary understanding

This is what the “ World” thinks......it’s an “understanding “ straight from Hell....

Heaven is for Believers.Hell is for Unbelievers.

The Bible says “ No One is “ Good”—- No, not ONE! Evil people can be Transformed.....all they have to do is Ask to be Saved....we ALL have an “ evil” or Sinful Nature residing in us that we inherited from Adam...we all have the capacity and the ability to be the best or the worst.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you are creating a topic that is not in the discussion. No one is going to tell Christ that they deserve heaven because they were good...but if you arrive there after living a sinful life and a ton of sins to your credit, that could send you to hell.
Christ does not condone sin. Revelation is all about what He is going to do with sin and evildoers.
Christianity is not a religion of sin and sin some more and be rewarded with heaven.
Be good and do good.

You contradict yourself and you don’t even realize it....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth hurts?

You nor anybody else here is going to “ hurt me”..... not even your lies hurt me....I welcome them actually ! It gives me great talking points as I use you as a “ Springboard” to get Paul’s Gospel Of Grace out there for the Newbies In the audience....

As far as “ Truth” goes....you wouldn’t recognize it if it came up and bit you on the posterior ....

“ If God be for me ( and He is ) , Who can be against me ? “ Your pithy little cliche remark about the truth hurting? Sorry .....”that dog won’t hunt”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is dismissing Paul's ministry....you just cherry pick what he said and try to make it a religion.

Lol.....I am one of the few in here to Believe “Nothing But The Blood”....... nothing else......no additions.....and you say that I am “ religious” .....I am the Least Religious person on this or any other Forum I have found myself in....hands down! You don’t know the “ difference “ between Christianity and Religion....You think Christianity “ IS” a Religion....That is your downfall....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the scriptures that people give you about obedience and warnings about not sinning....come from Paul.
It goes beyond any sense of sanity that you just do not get it.

Of course Paul warns of sin.....he’s also big on “ obedience” .....so am I! I just know by being a good student of God’s Word that it is not the thing that Saves.....Faith in Jesus-Plus Nothing Saves....

Reactions: BarneyFife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this discussion about and what is it not?
I know of no one that has accused anyone of any particular sin.
I have seen no one particular sin discussed that was being committed by anybody. So that is not happening here.
If I missed it, sorry.

We are discussing theology and Christians beliefs. This particular topic can ruin lives and lead people to hell so it gets serious.
No one is saying that being good and doing good has anything do with being initially saved, everyone agrees that, that is through Christ.
I am saying that being good and doing good is what Christians are repeatedly told to do. Being good and doing good is obedience to Christ. I mean really, what is the alternative that is being proposed here by some.
I am saying that sinful lifestyles can lead to hell...whether they believe in Christ or not.
I am not saying that sinful lifestyles cannot be forgiven. Even towards the end someone that has committed the worst of horrible sins or a sinful lifestyle can repent and be forgiven. That is all depends on sincerity and Christ will know the intentions and truths of the heart and will judge according. But that is Christ's choice to send that Christian to heaven or hell. I do contend that a change of heart at the last minute and expecting forgiveness is very risky, because, could someone like Hitler or serial killers change their character in that last few moments of their life? Not saying I know, but I would debate it.
I am saying that repentance is required to be initially saved. That repentance is not only acknowledging that you have sinned but a commitment to obey and be good and do good....the best you can. Salvation was not designed for perfection. Then after one is saved and commits sins, that repentance is required to get those sins forgiven. Again a commitment not to keep doing the same sin over and over again. It is not wrong for Christ to expect us to learn from our mistakes...we maybe slow learners but...
No one here is saying that you have to be perfect to go to heaven.
Then again, heaven is not going to be full of evildoers.
No one is saying that being good and doing good is salvation. It is obedience to Christ. And the Bible says over and over again that we should obey Christ and our deeds will be judged.
Alternatively sins can lead to hell, particularly lifestyle sins because you cannot repent for something you intend to do or even continue to do. You cannot play Christ for a fool. You cannot con Christ, he know the heart and the intent.
I do contend that your average Christian will show up on Judgment Day and pass with flying colors.
In regard to sins, what is being discussed here is mostly lifestyle sins.

The disclaimer....if you are so messed up in the head that you cannot control your actions....that is still between you and Christ on Judgment Day and that is up to Him. On the other hand if this is you, and you cannot control your actions, you need to seek psychiatric help, because who knows what harm you could do to yourself or others.

It’s the same old story .....just a little more verbose than usual ....In a Nutshell , all he is saying ( for the umpteenth time!) is “Lucky Repentance” Saves.....He has a Child’s view of Christianity —- a poorly taught child....VERY poorly taught....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can stop his rant right here, because that's all I was saying, people.

"...by the grace of God I am what I am..." 1 Corinthians 15:10

The record is here....we all know what you said.....it showed your heart ....it was an ugly thing to behold....quit trying to squirm out of it.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two great reasons why we should continue to believe and not turn back in unbelief.

"Let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

"...since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens...let us hold firmly to what we profess." Hebrews 4:14

“ If we are Unfaithful, He REMAINS Faithful.....”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it's okay for those saved by grace to sneer at and feel superior to lost legalists. Oh, the hypocrisy! Lol.

I don’t “ Sneer”, nor do I “feel superior” to anybody.....I just try to “ Rebuke “ Legalists ....Newbies May not realize that being a Legalists causes one to “ Fall From Grace” and , depending on who you believe, it might Land you in Hell.....God approves.....He knows there is no sneering or pride involved , in spite of how much you wish you could make that phony, ignorant charge stick....He knows you are getting desperate....especially after accidentally letting your true heart be seen...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right. I need to start focusing my judging and condemnation and feelings of superiority toward legalists instead of just common everyday sinners, lol.

Another “ dog that won’t hunt” ....you preach a False, Perverted Gospel Of “Lucky Repentance” That needs “Rebuking” .....it’s the Biblical thing to do.....sorry if you don’t believe the Bible....I can’t let you spread your False Gospel Without Rebuking it for the Newbies to see....Many have been brainwashed by “ churches” like yours that preach the same “ Accursed” Gospel .....Paul says that those that preach a gospel different from his are damned....Paul said that—- not me.....Newbies please take note of the importance of Believing Pauls Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4 and NEVER adding to it....not even something that “ sounds” Holy....like “ Lucky Repentance.. ( having the Good Fortune to recall ALL of your sins and be sorry about them before you die )..... read all about it in Galatians....it’s only 6 short chapters ....it could save your soul, and you will notice the words “ repent from all of your sins before you die or you are damned” will not be found there....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could try the new OSAS. In it you're saved because you say you are. As long as you think you are saved all is good. Even if your life is screaming out loud that you haven't an ounce of God's grace of salvation in you. Thinking you're saved, despite all the outward evidence that you are not, is the believing that saves in that theology. As long as you have that 'believing', you are saved. Try it. You might like it.

Wow! Where can I sign up for this “ church” that exists only in your confused , exaggerated imagination?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absolutely great stuff! Why can't you stick to it and not go off on tangents?

Glad you liked it ! Well, at least I am glad you like “ some” of it....lol.....what are the “tangents” That you don’t like ? I am always open to criticism......Believe it or not, I get a little bit of criticism here....just every now and then....lol...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't worry about it either, because I'm a believer.
Insofar as salvation itself is concerned the blood of Christ that I believe and trust in instantly forgives my sin when I commit it because Christ's Sacrifice and Ministry is forever on the altar for me in heaven interceding on my behalf:

"...Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent priesthood. Therefore He is able to save completely those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them." Hebrews 7:24-25

Since I first believed, and in my continued believing, His intercession for me has never stopped. That's why we are told to continue to believe and trust in so great a High Priest as Jesus, because you can't have the continuous benefit of the High Priest and His Sacrifice if you do not believe in and rely on Him and His Sacrifice. It's only for believers who are trusting and believing in it and relying on it.

Of course , you can scratch ALL of this good stuff if you committed a “WILLFUL Sin”— Right? You must have the LUCK to repent of those little buggers before you die.... or spend Eternity in the Lake Of Fire.......once again, it’s Lucky Repentance and Jesus Saves— BUT! The same old False Gospel