Hidden Agenda: everyone ignored deaths from flu but not COVID-19

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi. R u from the north island or south?
I had an unforgettable ski trip about 10 years ago when we went to Queenstown and Wanaka
Gorgeous little lakeside towns up in the alps

We have similar numbers in Australia. Total cases and deaths per 1M
I question all the reports coming from the left and the right. I have a healthy skepticism I think
Some numbers looks weird, there are conflicting reports coming from the mainstream news vs cable news
There are conflicting medical opinions. There are conflict of interests. There are suspicious decisions and actions being taken

Something sinister seems to be going on

Hey there! @Cristo Rei I am from the North Island. I agree with you. I'm sorry to hear about you mum. I also work in palliative care and yes! I would be little ticked off, if nurses started dancing around my mum's room when she was dying. It is such a serious matter....

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey there! @Cristo Rei I am from the North Island. I agree with you. I'm sorry to hear about you mum. I also work in palliative care and yes! I would be little ticked off, if nurses started dancing around my mum's room when she was dying. It is such a serious matter....

No I was just trying to give someone a hypothetical situation to see if they could understand how someone people might find it inappropriate

U work in palliative care. Wow. Respect. That would be the hardest ward to work in. I couldn't do it. I get too emotional

How do u do it?
Are you able to forget about the pain, suffering and death? Just separate work from ur life?
Does the pleasure of helping and caring for people outweigh the displeasure?

I don't know how else u could do that job. After my time in hospital I concluded that nurses are super humans... LoL

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No I was just trying to give someone a hypothetical situation to see if they could understand how someone people might find it inappropriate

U work in palliative care. Wow. Respect. That would be the hardest ward to work in. I couldn't do it. I get too emotional

How do u do it?
Are you able to forget about the pain, suffering and death? Just separate work from ur life?
Does the pleasure of helping and caring for people outweigh the displeasure?

I don't know how else u could do that job. After my time in hospital I concluded that nurses are super humans... LoL

I cry [secretly] and then give it all to God. He knows me. I brush away the tears, because someone else has just come in, they and their family need immediate attention and they also need to know that we are going to do everything in our power to ensure that their loved one is comfortable and is well taken care of. I have spent many nights, holding hands with people who were needing comfort as they pass on. Sometimes their family make it, sometimes they don't but rest assured, I have already prayed for them and when appropriate, will lead them in prayer as well...

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I cry [secretly] and then give it all to God. He knows me. I brush away the tears, because someone else has just come in, they and their family need immediate attention and they also need to know that we are going to do everything in our power to ensure that their loved one is comfortable and is well taken care of. I have spent many nights, holding hands with people who were needing comfort as they pass on. Sometimes their family make it, sometimes they don't but rest assured, I have already prayed for them and when appropriate, will lead them in prayer as well...

U are an angel with a heart of gold.
I have spent many nights, holding hands with people who were needing comfort as they pass on
I pondered this for about 15 minutes with a few tears.

I spent 2 nights in the cardio ward due to shortage of beds. Pain, suffering and death was all around.
I'll never forget it
Whats that room u wake up in after a surgery. That room is hellish waking up in pain surrounded by people in even more pain

But how much palliative work can you absorb. U must really be at peace with death and God

Reactions: Angelina

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'd like to get your thoughts on pain and suffering. But we've only just met. We'll save that one for another time, another thread

U should apply for a transfer to the other end of the hospital, the maternity ward. The ward of new life.
I imagine it would be such a joy caring for cute new born babies

Reactions: Angelina

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which tells me that this is in fact NOT a serious matter. I used to work in a hospital directly with patients. This is not how real medical professionals ever behaved whenever the ish hit the fan. They never behaved this way even when it wasn't in fact. This "crises" is a joke.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL what do u think is eating me? Is something eating u?

I see your denial, but your behavior is more persuasive. I'm just wondering why it offends you so much that medical personnel are finding ways to stay sane in the middle of this craziness. I think you're trying too hard to stay on message when there is nothing there mate.

I, like most others, find it unacceptable to be dancing at work

Nice try.

That's ok no big deal.

Seems to be for you. But when someone mentions it, you go into denial. This one didn't work out the way you might have hoped. That's how it goes, sometimes. Learn from it.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to get your thoughts on pain and suffering.

I'd like to figure out why you think health care workers can't do physical exercise on breaks. There's something getting at you that you don't want to talk about, here.

U should apply for a transfer to the other end of the hospital, the maternity ward.

I left the AF decades ago. My life and career went in other directions. But before I went Bootstrap, I was NCIOC on a maternity ward. It's not as cute as you seem to think it is. Sometimes, things don't go so well there, too.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Citation for what, the death count method. U seriously haven't heard or read...
The disadvantages of relying on the one mainstream media source i guess
So no citation.

I can't see why I must make some point when I clearly said that i was presenting data
Incorrect data.

I said nothing about American policies. I only used their numbers
Incorrectly so.

If your interested, Australia predicted 1,500 deaths with lockdown measures and have less than 100 deaths
Our hospitals have only 40 ICU patients for C19 and a whole lot of empty beds.
The average per 1M is only 3 and our lockdown is stage 3. In comparison our average annual flu deaths are 1,500-3,000
That's good, right?

Meanwhile deaths from other causes are up cos people either won't go to the hospital or are being refused treatment
Citation?

Sacrificing the lives of many young people to save the lives of a few sick and frail old people
That's exactly the sort of Nazi-esque sentiment @Rita and @amadeus have been telling me they're concerned about. It's fascinating to see it come from Christians, who typically insist they're "pro-life".

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see your denial, but your behavior is more persuasive. I'm just wondering why it offends you so much that medical personnel are finding ways to stay sane in the middle of this craziness. I think you're trying too hard to stay on message when there is nothing there mate.

Nice try.

Seems to be for you. But when someone mentions it, you go into denial. This one didn't work out the way you might have hoped. That's how it goes, sometimes. Learn from it.

R u ok.... I said its no big deal but u seem to be all cut up about it
Understand that people will disagree with u sometimes in life and have other opinions

Your acting like im the only person to hold this opinion...
Scroll up and u will find two others who agree with me including a nurse.

Don't bother them or anyone in this fashion pls. Its unnecessarily rude and hostile

These articles might be able to make u understand why someone might view it as unprofessional
Or at least show that it is a widely held opinion... Peace out

“Disrespectful”: Families of Cancer Patients Slam Nurse Dancing Videos
NHS staff criticised for dancing | Daily Mail Online
Unprofessional TikTok medical videos 'not the norm'

R

Rita

R u ok.... I said its no big deal but u seem to be all cut up about it
Understand that people will disagree with u sometimes in life and have other opinions

Your acting like im the only person to hold this opinion...
Scroll up and u will find two others who agree with me including a nurse.

Don't bother them or anyone in this fashion pls. Its unnecessarily rude and hostile

These articles might be able to make u understand why someone might view it as unprofessional
Or at least show that it is a widely held opinion... Peace out

“Disrespectful”: Families of Cancer Patients Slam Nurse Dancing Videos
NHS staff criticised for dancing | Daily Mail Online
Unprofessional TikTok medical videos 'not the norm'
Im sure we have all seen the countless videos of medical staff doing these dance routines

Some people say that this is proof that the hospitals are not busy and are relatively empty
Others say that they are just letting off some steam by learning dance routines and performing
Still others say that it is a disrespectful thing to be doing if they really are surrounded by sickness and death

What do u think. Are the medical staff out of line or justified in these actions

stream_img.jpg
Just to get this In to prospective, the nurses who are dancing did not cancel the ops, did not cancel appointments ect, that decision was made by the NHS authorities themselves.........this video, and other that were mentioned were made to boost morale within the hospitals - not everyone was offended ........
Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you deny that sacrificing/eliminating the weak was a fundamental concept behind Nazism?

So ur agnostic. That explains it. I never said to eliminate the weak... LoL ur a funny guy
It's like me making a strawman and say your killing our youth. It's nonsensical

Your in the age bracket which is most at risk, right. I understand your fear
Just don't come into contact with people and stay at home till the vaxx comes out... You'll be fine mate

The rest of us are going back to our lives

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just to get this In to prospective, the nurses who are dancing did not cancel the ops, did not cancel appointments ect, that decision was made by the NHS authorities themselves.........this video, and other that were mentioned were made to boost morale within the hospitals - not everyone was offended ........
Rita

Ok

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
So ur agnostic. That explains it.
Explains what?

I never said to eliminate the weak... LoL ur a funny guy
It's like me making a strawman and say your killing our youth. It's nonsensical
So what did you mean when you said "Sacrificing the lives of many young people to save the lives of a few sick and frail old people"?

Your in the age bracket which is most at risk, right. I understand your fear
Just don't come into contact with people and stay at home till the vaxx comes out... You'll be fine mate
No, I'm not in that age bracket.

The rest of us are going back to our lives
Because that's more important than the actual life or death of others, right?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
R u ok.... I said its no big deal

Again, your denial doesn't fit what you've been writing here.

Your acting like im the only person to hold this opinion..

Why would that matter? You're the only one responsible for yourself.

Seems to me that carping about how people on the front lines are handling the stress is uncalled for. Why would you think that was acceptable?

Reactions: Justadude

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It really shouldn't be necessary for anyone to explain that. But maybe it's good that you did.

Reactions: Helen and Justadude

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Left wing Democrats are hypocritical. If one person dies from the normal flu as a result of another person spreading that flu to them, then the person carrying the flu is responsible for killing the other person!? Pick any communicable disease (hepatitis A or B, Hantavirus, Ebola, etc.); if we should do everything to prevent the deaths of others, should we be quarantining for all these viruses? If not, then, are you saying that it's ok for people to die from these diseases? That is, are you a cold-hearted person who does not care if people die? Quarantine for all or quarantine for none!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, your denial doesn't fit what you've been writing here

What could i possibly be in denial of? The dancers, i don't get what ur even saying

Why would that matter?

The fact that its an opinion held by many matters because u denied it. So your either mistaken or ur dishonest
And it also matters because i don't see u being hostile to the others that share my opinion.
So ur not attacking my opinion, ur attacking me instead, for reasons unknown. I didn't attack u

Why would you think that was acceptable?

I tried to see if u could understand our view, then i just tried to peacefully agree to disagree saying it's no big deal
But na ur just an agro, hostile person. Blinded by rage, your only goal is to antagonize.
Reason and understanding are beyond a person in your state. U should calm down and console Christ

Many people like myself have found those dance routines to be unprofessional and even disrespectful...
I don't have to explain myself multiple times... Speak to Christ about it and get over it already