History and Time from Gods perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
I wanted to share something that i've found deeply comforting. We are all waiting for the Great Day of God Almighty, and the tendency is to feel that God is taking a long time in what he has promised. But take heart! God is not slow as the Apostle Peter rightly stated at 2Peter 3:9 "[i]...God is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness..."[/i]

Our view of time is vastly different to how God views time. The scriptures give us plenty of indication of that difference.
Ps. 90:4 “A thousand years are in your eyes but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch during the night.”

2Peter 3:8 However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with God as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day

So its interesting to look at the history of mankinds time on this earth, by the way God views time.
The above scriptures show that 1000 of our years are the equivalent of 24 hours in Gods time. So lets break it down and see how human history has panned out from Gods standpoint. The ratio of Gods hour to 1 human hour is 0.00000273. That is 1000 years x 365 days x 24hours = 8million 760 thousand hours

The ratio is worked out by dividing 24 h / 8,760,000 h = 2.73 e-6 (0.00000273). All the calculations below are worked out in earth hours, then multiplied by the above ratio to convert it to Gods time.

Adam was created in the year 4026bce. 3 hours and 6 minutes later Seth was born...and in those 3 hours, Adam had fallen into sin was removed from his garden home and God had put a plan into motion to save Adams future offspring from certain death.

39hours and 40 minutes later, in the year 2370bce, God deluged the earth with water in the Great flood, saving Noah and his family.
10 hours after the flood , he made a covenant with Abraham to establish his seed in the earth and bring forth a savior for mankind.
10 hours after this covenant was validated, Moses led the Isrealites out of Egypt.
11 hours later, Solomon constructed the Temple.
Approx 50 minutes later, Isreal was split into two tribes.
9hours and 20minutes later, Judah is invaded by Babylon and completely destroyed.
Less then 2 hrs later, the Jewish exiles return to Jerusalem. The year is now 537bce.
Another 13hours and 30 minutes pass by and the Messiah, Jesus Christ, begins to preach 'The kingdom of the Heavens has drawn near'

Now here we are in 2011, and the Messiah appeared a little more then 47 hours ago.
In all, from Adams creation till now, God has experienced 144 hours of time. Anyone who takes the view that God is slow respecting his promises needs to take this to heart....all those promises God made happened in a very small time frame according to Gods view of time. We come and go in the blink of an eye, so our view of time is completely irrelevant to the outworking of Gods promises. If you live to be 100 years old, you have lived for approximately 2.4 hours in Gods eyes...

Psalm 39:5 Look! You have made my days just a few;
And my life’s duration is as nothing in front of you.... nothing but an exhalation

Since we are told that the 'last days' will be a short period of time, we should keep in expectation that the end of this old system is near and Gods Kingdom is at the door. Keep this in mind brothers and sisters and keep looking to Christ and walking in his ways so that when that day is upon us, we may be found approved by God.
smile.gif

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't the ancient Hebrew calendar based on a solar calendar from Egypt of 360 days for a year?

Umm...I don't think the purpose of this thread is to map out a perfectly historic outline.....

It is supposed to be encouraging.....

Thanks Pegg!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Umm...I don't think the purpose of this thread is to map out a perfectly historic outline.....

It is supposed to be encouraging.....

Thanks Pegg!

My Hebrew calendar suggestion is not about any such idea of an 'historical outline'. It's involves the math in her calculations, for the later calendar systems are of man, not from God. Pegg might actually be interested in that, and you need to let her speak for herself instead of dreaming up useless assumptions.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia

My Hebrew calendar suggestion is not about any such idea of an 'historical outline'. It's involves the math in her calculations, for the later calendar systems are of man, not from God. Pegg might actually be interested in that, and you need to let her speak for herself instead of dreaming up useless assumptions.

I understand what you are saying with regard to the calander. Ezekiel wrote his book close to the end of the 5th century bce, so the scripture likely relates to how time was measured back then. We know that the hebrews measured time according to the seasons and according to the sun just as God had directed in Genesis 1:14, 15 where God describes the purpose of the “luminaries in the expanse of the heavens” is that they might serve for “seasons and for days and years.” And much of their worship centered around festivals related to certain seasons so they used a 'lunisolar' calander which is much the same as our own. They had 12 months of ew29 or 30 days each and they had a 13th month to make the adjustment.

our calendar is a solar one of 365 & 1/4 days...i havnt made the adjustment in my calculation because my calculation is really just to give an idea of the difference. But if your good at maths, you could work it out with the adjustment and post it here.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I liked that yet... I would never take the time to make these calculations! :lol: So thanks

I think it just puts things in perspective. If everything really ISN'T about us, but about God and his glory, then what is it to us if when he decides the time has come?

It's a question of focus, I guess.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
I liked that yet... I would never take the time to make these calculations! :lol: So thanks

I think it just puts things in perspective. If everything really ISN'T about us, but about God and his glory, then what is it to us if when he decides the time has come?

It's a question of focus, I guess.

yes thats a good point and something we often neglect to consider. The world doesnt revolve around us and there are bigger issues then the problems we each face. God will certainly sort those problems out for us, but he will do it in his own time and way.