How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you go To church at all?

Commentaries are a good source of education we may see things we might not have seen before. As always with everything we need to test with scripture

But when someone comes 2000 years after the church started and says something never said before. I would recommend we run far away.
No I don’t go to church. I do meet with a few women from a church for a meal occasionally. And I have one friend who sends me devotionals daily. She is someone I can talk to about God, always there to encourage or help me. Like a sister.

Reactions: Episkopos

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Commentaries are a good source of education we may see things we might not have seen before. As always with everything we need to test with scripture

But when someone comes 2000 years after the church started and says something never said before. I would recommend we run far away.
Even commentaries must be tested .
I am not against commentaries , but i do say THEY MUSTBE TESTED . cause i have found errors in some .
If i wrote a commentary would YOU NOT TEST IT . sure you would .
So my advice is , TEST ANY COMMENTARY . Men are not infallible . GOD IS , HIS WORD IS
Test all against that .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well if what they say CONTRADICTS the BIBLE , OH YES i FULLY agree . WE got far too many
throughout all generations who have said THE LORD DOETH A NEW THING
and yet when the so called NEW THING gets tested , IT FALLS FAR SHORT OF THE TRUTH .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don’t go to church. I do meet with a few women from a church for a meal occasionally. And I have one friend who sends me devotionals daily. She is someone I can talk to about God, always there to encourage or help me. Like a sister.
why don‘t you gather together in a body like Jesus told us to? I find it strange that the people who supposedly or appear to follow epi do not go to church.

How do you test the spirits to know if what someone is saying is from God or not?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even commentaries must be tested .
I am not against commentaries , but i do say THEY MUSTBE TESTED . cause i have found errors in some .
If i wrote a commentary would YOU NOT TEST IT . sure you would .
So my advice is , TEST ANY COMMENTARY . Men are not infallible . GOD IS , HIS WORD IS
Test all against that .
Thats why I make sure I have access to many.. I don;t just pick ones that agree with me. I want to know what everyone believes.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why don‘t you gather together in a body like Jesus told us to? I
I have been asked before also: why don’t you buy a weapon like Jesus told us to?

How do you test the spirits to know if what someone is saying is from God or not?
John 7:17-19 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. [18] He that speaks of himself seeks his own glory: but he that seeks his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. [19] Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keep the law? Why go you about to kill me?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been asked before also: why don’t you buy a weapon like Jesus told us to?
I have many weapons. I carry all the time so not sure of your question.

If you are part of the body of christ, and have been baptized into him, why would you not want to be part of his people.
John 7:17-19 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. [18] He that speaks of himself seeks his own glory: but he that seeks his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. [19] Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keep the law? Why go you about to kill me?
So if I go out and make up a bunch of stuff. And as long as I do not speak of myself. But speak of God Then I would be one who someone should follow?

does the word of God fit anywhere into the equation?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have many weapons. I carry all the time so not sure of your question.

If you are part of the body of christ, and have been baptized into him, why would you not want to be part of his people.
Point is that I’m not so sure that is what he was saying concerning go purchase a sword. Same as I’m not so sure “do not forsake the gathering together of yourselves”, means what we think it means. It does help I think with “gathered together” but “not by Me”, “I did not send them”.
Isaiah 54:15 which talks about gathering together for strife… or “gathered together” “but not by Me.” …unless I misunderstood He says they will gather but not by Me; for strife and debate. “I sent them not”?

Point is, define “assemble yourselves together”

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if I go out and make up a bunch of stuff. And as long as I do not speak of myself. But speak of God Then I would be one who someone should follow?

does the word of God fit anywhere into the equation?
If I go out and make up a bunch of stuff yet never speaking of myself. Am I not already speaking of myself in making it up to get people to follow me?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have a question for you, that scripture stating God was there at the Jordan with Joshua telling him to go in and kill all the inhabitants of Jericho, does this sound like the Father that Jesus presented?
Yes it does. God judges. Which is WHY we need a Saviour....Jesus came offering mercy and salvation but many refused Him and still do today. It definitely was God's judgment on the Canaanites in the promised land. Scripture even says He was waiting until their transgression had come to the full before sending in the Israelites (As scripture also says Israel was His battle axe and weapon of war.) Has God changed? Remember what happened to Ananias and Saphira. And remember what happened to Jerusalem in 70 AD, when the wrath of God came down on Israel in judgment. Remember those who were weak and sick and dying because of not taking communion worthily.

Rom 9:18-23

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Mal 3:5-6

And I will come near you for judgment;
I will be a swift witness
Against sorcerers,
Against adulterers,
Against perjurers,
Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans,
And against those who turn away an alien—
Because they do not fear Me,”
Says the LORD of hosts.
“For I am the LORD, I do not change;…

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is a good passage to tuck away in your heart in case you do come across those who are trying to deceive along those lines sometime:

Isa 43:10-11

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 12:1-2 KJV
[1] Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. [2] And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:1-3 KJV
[1] Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. [2] Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: [3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does. God judges. Which is WHY we need a Saviour....Jesus came offering mercy and salvation but many refused Him and still do today. It definitely was God's judgment on the Canaanites in the promised land. Scripture even says He was waiting until their transgression had come to the full before sending in the Israelites (As scripture also says Israel was His battle axe and weapon of war.) Has God changed? Remember what happened to Ananias and Saphira. And remember what happened to Jerusalem in 70 AD, when the wrath of God came down on Israel in judgment. Remember those who were weak and sick and dying because of not taking communion worthily.

Rom 9:18-23

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Mal 3:5-6

And I will come near you for judgment;
I will be a swift witness
Against sorcerers,
Against adulterers,
Against perjurers,
Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans,
And against those who turn away an alien—
Because they do not fear Me,”
Says the LORD of hosts.
“For I am the LORD, I do not change;…
God won’t let you build Him a house if you are a man of war.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point is that I’m not so sure that is what he was saying concerning go purchase a sword. Same as I’m not so sure “do not forsake the gathering together of yourselves”, means what we think it means. It does help I think with “gathered together” but “not by Me”, “I did not send them”.
Isaiah 54:15 which talks about gathering together for strife… or “gathered together” “but not by Me.” …unless I misunderstood He says they will gather but not by Me; for strife and debate. “I sent them not”?

Point is, define “assemble yourselves together”
Acts 2:42 42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers

Have you read about the NT church. They assembled together often

Not sure what else assemble together could mean

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God won’t let you build Him a house if you are a man of war.
Sure, that's the usual accusation. We are to love, even our enemies, and only seek that the lost be reconciled to God. But the bible speaks in many places of God's judgment. Here's one:

Rom 12:19
Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,” says the Lord.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, that's the usual accusation. We are to love, even our enemies, and only seek that the lost be reconciled to God. But the bible speaks in many places of God's judgment. Here's one:

Rom 12:19
Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,” says the Lord.
You believe God is full of wrath?

If this were the case then the fruit of his spirit in them would also have wrath.

Galatians 5:17-23 KJV
[17] For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. [18] But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. [19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations,
Galatians 5:17-23 KJV
[17] For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. [18] But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. [19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. [22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. [22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Jesus and the first century Christian’s display fully the Spirit of God.

Wrath belongs to the flesh. It’s time too stop vilifying God.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would either of us know if what the other made up was real or not?
Exactly .
SO lets ask a question .
WHO determines what is true . is it me , you , govts , society
WHO determines what is good and what is evil . Is it you me , govts , society .
ITS GOD . let us learn those bibles well . Let us learn that CHRIST well . Let us learn all things
in the scriptures WELL .
We dont determine truth , we dont determine right or wrong , we dont determine what is true or false . GOD DOES .
Now lift those hands . BIBLE TIME and let no man sway us from its truth .
For many come in saying oh we know so much more now than they did back then .
YET GOD HAS ALWAYS KNOWN ALL THINGS .
An example .
One was trying to explain why homosexuality is now acceptable .
They were saying , OH we know so much more about it than they did back then . WE have learned so much .
YEAH , okie dokey , but they forgot something . WE DONT KNOW MORE THAN GOD DOES OR DID about ANYTHING .
AND HE already SAID was HE had to say about certain things . They clever , but lambs see right through the lies and trust in GOD alone
and HIS CHRIST alone and stay well planted in the bible .

Reactions: Marvelloustime
Status
Not open for further replies.