How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think you are out to attack me. It is just every time I share something the worse seems to be assumed.
I am just trying to share with you something I think you are missing. Like I believe you are us.. I am not assuming the worse in anything and I pray you do not think this.

Believe it or not. I do care for you. You have been kind and social in our interactions.. And seem to be open..

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The inner man can only be healed if it is regenerated. or born again. It is God who is in us that heals us from the need of the outer man or flesh and takes away its power over us.

If the inner man is still dead because of sin. It can not help the outer man.. the flesh will still have full control
Blessings in Christ Jesus Eternally Grateful. "God who is in us" This is what is missing in this "other gospel" The Holy Spirit of promise. And to lift another member up in here, These words "Oh man" and "Not so" is from The Holy Spirit speaking through one who is born from above. For it is The Spirit that bears witness to The Spirit. It has been said that for those that believe, you shall drink any deadly thing(poison), and it will(shall)not harm you. That is because when it is heard(drink) The Holy Spirit simply says, "Not so" and then The Truth is brought into remembrance just as Jesus spoke it, just like He promised He would do. And thus, "if possible even the elect". But let us not forget, "a little leaven can leaven the whole lump. That is why Jesus said, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus Eternally Grateful. "God who is in us" This is what is missing in this "other gospel" The Holy Spirit of promise. And to lift another member up in here, These words "Oh man" and "Not so" is from The Holy Spirit speaking through one who is born from above. For it is The Spirit that bears witness to The Spirit. It has been said that for those that believe, you shall drink any deadly thing(poison), and it will(shall)not harm you. That is because when it is heard(drink) The Holy Spirit simply says, "Not so" and then The Truth is brought into remembrance just as Jesus spoke it, just like He promised He would do. And thus, "if possible even the elect". But let us not forget, "a little leaven can leaven the whole lump. That is why Jesus said, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees.
Amen

Reactions: GTW27

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm so glad "second blessing" was brought up on the Holiness thread, because my brain was forgetting about that. Do those who testify of a second blessing, agree with what you teach regarding imputed righteousness?
Yes...I fully agree with the "second blessing" and its importance in experiencing the higher walk.

I don't know what others who have actually been baptized in the Spirit think along the lines of reformation theology. Being right -hearted doesn't make you right-headed.

There is a greater understanding that one can have. The "second blessing" reaches back 1,500 years before the reformation delusions came along.

My disposition is such that I don't settle for systems and conventions. Maybe if I had been baptized in the Spirit at an altar...I would have been more ready to accept whatever religious ideology was preferred by them...maybe not. But I had to go to the very end of the road to discover what I did...since I had no other support system than the Holy Spirit. My disadvantage became an advantage to me.

Truly I had need that no one teach me. :) I am a product of the Spirit teaching me more than any teacher could.

I am humbled by this...but also militant against the present religion of death that has taken over much of evangelicalism.

On the subject of Catholicism....which I know your brain will go to when I said the above... to whom much is given MORE is required. We are not to judge the servant of another.

I do believe that many catholics....especially the poor in 3rd world countries ...will indeed inhabit the nations in the next age. Maybe even a few saints among them!

Have you heard of Madame Guyon, or Bishop Fenelon?

Fenelon calls the second blessing..."perfect love". A very apt description of something that is alive and cannot be limited to a religious slogan.

Last edited:

Fool4Jesus

Jun 7, 2022
oceanside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are quoting Isaiah 61 in the OT when the gospel was a hidden mystery in the OT.

Try quoting the N.T.

And are you aware that the N.T. interprets the OT when it is quoted in the N.T. ?

You failed once again.
Epi does not know who he is dealing with. I first read your posts 15 years ago at B.K. and could tell you knew what you were talking about then.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just trying to share with you something I think you are missing. Like I believe you are us.. I am not assuming the worse in anything and I pray you do not think this.

Believe it or not. I do care for you. You have been kind and social in our interactions.. And seem to be open..
I truly believe something is being missed. And I get frustrated probably same as you. To me He speaks about idols made the works of men’s hands. I was studying this the other day because it is important to me to ask what is the works of men’s hands. It isn’t only wood, hay and stubble but stone, silver and gold.
Deuteronomy 4:28 And there you shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.

Psalm 115:1-8 Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake. [2] Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God? [3] But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased. [4] Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. [5] They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not: [6] They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not: [7] They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat. [8] They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.

Psalm 135:15-18 The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. [16] They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not; [17] They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths. [18] They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trust in them.

2 Kings 19:18-19 And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them. [19] Now therefore, O Lord our God, I beseech thee, save thou us out of his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the Lord God, even thou only.

To me significant is “They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not: [7] They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat. [8] They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusts in them.”

Because “they who trust in idols are like unto idols.” Makes me think of proselytizing. but I am trying share with you about silver and gold and stone is there too. As the work of men’s hands. Sometimes it is assumed I don’t like warnings. To me He lays out what the idol does, and those made like unto their idols. But then New Testament giving the warning about the body where the hands say it has no need of the feet. And the eyes have no need of the ears. The warning to me is when the eye has no need of the ears and the hands no need of the feet…then how will you hear, how will you see, how will you taste, how will you walk? The warning being that you cut off your own parts and in return spite your own selves. Or at least that is the warning I hear. To me the warning is an idol that can’t speak, can’t hear, can’t see, can’t walk...can’t smell, and can’t taste.

See to me this truly has significance. I don’t see how it is accidental that His speaking of idols lines up perfectly with a body that says to its parts it has no need of one another.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That "amigo" guy has no understanding beyond a superficial religious ideology that makes him repeat the same endless rant over and over again.

Let's try to find any sense in his rantings...

He says something about ..."the dire need to believe on Christ"...as if that statement itself meant anything without any context. (Hint: that's how indoctrination works).

Why do people need to believe in Christ? Is that a religious formula we are to give lip service to as Amigo does? Or does his religious outbursts cover up the truth whereby we can see why we need to believe in Christ and how we are to do so?

Amigo is like a pupil in pre-school who raises up an issue that he doesn't understand. It's up to the teacher then to explain to the class what the pupil has raised up.

We need to believe INTO Christ in order to be set free from sin and walk as Jesus walked. Now the pupils will react to that because they are still in need of milk and nap time...and the subject is meant for grown men.

Now the children in the class don't understand what that level of power even consists of. They just want to be saved from hell.

Does believing in Jesus save people from hell? Yes, if the belief is genuine and the trust is maintained till the end.

But the class is still not convinced. They want to know who goes to hell...such is the morbid curiosity contained in their tiny little minds.

Well, going to hell is not by beliefs...but by what people do. No one believes themselves out of hell.

At this point there is whining and maybe a few diapers to change. OK...time for milk and a nap. :)
I aint trying to impress anyone . My desire is for the good of all people .
You on the other hand are filled so full of your self .
I watch you epi . But i come not to accuse you , but to POINT you to CHRIST .
I am not your judge epi , there is one that will judge you . THE WORDS OF CHRIST shall be your judge .
And you DENY HIM . You preach this social all inclusive god that has made void
the ONE THING REQUIRED FOR SALVATION ,TO BELIEVE IN CHRIST . You will wail on the day of CHRIST
IF you repent not of the lie epi . You , the buddists , the athiest , the other religoins who did all
to make their way to GOD will never find it on the path of unbelief . You say ye believe in GOD
SO why do you not believe in HIS CHRIST . You fall way short of the mark epi .
Your mark is this , we are gods and we have our own merits and works and path to GOD .
But you are on the wrong path epi . has is not been said , has it not been told ,
THERE IS BUT ONE WAY TO GOD , IN THE SON . BELIEVE YE IN HIM .
You would love it if i left . You want to LORD over the peoples as a prophet . Calling folks amature theologians and etc
as though you the great THING of GOD . SIMEON did this . IT wont bode well epi .
Your cross , your gospel , your knowlege , your wisdom FALLS SHORT of the ONE thing even mary by grace knew to TO DO .
ONE THING required epi . And SHE SAT AT HIS FEET . Your martha theology wont save you .
ONE thing is required epi . BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS , from that comes all else that is NEEDED to walk pleasing unto GOD .
FROM that cometh all that is needed . ONLY YE SAY that message is religoius dogma . not necessary .
YOU cast aside the dire need of CHRIST as though somehow we all have the DIRE NEED TO HEAR YOU who does CONTRADICT
CHRIST . NO lamb will ever head your way epi . My advice , HEAD OUR WAY , CAUSE WE POINT TO THE ONLY WAY , JESUS CHRIST

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More nonsense again. Its not even little league. There is no higher walk and lower walk which is another one of your fallacies. There is nothing in the bible which makes that false distinction. Its your man made ideas you are peddling that no one is buying.

You cannot/will not even tell us what the GOSPEL is and what it means.

So who is in the major/minor league ?

Who is projecting ?

oh the irony epi.................

hope this helps !!!
That man is full of his own self . major league . Yeah right .
We wont buy his fallacies . Notice he cant correct you with scrip , so all he can do is present himself
as the great thing of GOD and say things like major league and this or that .
Oh the irony , you mean oh the HYPROCRSIY of that man .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I aint trying to impress anyone . My desire is for the good of all people .

This sounds like inclusivism to me. When did you realize you had "tendencies" towards other men?
You will wail on the day of CHRIST

You will be reminded of this... as you wail.
IF you repent not of the lie epi . You , the buddists , the athiest , the other religoins who did all
to make their way to GOD will never find it on the path of unbelief . You say ye believe in GOD
SO why do you not believe in HIS CHRIST . You fall way short of the mark epi .

You are a judge...but a false one. You will be judged as you have judged. But you will find out that God doesn't respect lip service.
Your mark is this , we are gods and we have our own merits and works and path to GOD .
But you are on the wrong path epi . has is not been said , has it not been told ,
THERE IS BUT ONE WAY TO GOD , IN THE SON . BELIEVE YE IN HIM .
You would love it if i left . You want to LORD over the peoples as a prophet . Calling folks amature theologians and etc

Are you saying you are a professional theologian? Are you the kind that decided if a woman was a witch or not? That's how you portray yourself. A bigoted pretender who says things to be applauded by men. A man-pleaser.
as though you the great THING of GOD . SIMEON did this . IT wont bode well epi .
Your cross , your gospel , your knowlege , your wisdom FALLS SHORT of the ONE thing even mary by grace knew to TO DO .

All will fall short. Don't be conceited. Get over yourself.
ONE THING required epi . And SHE SAT AT HIS FEET . Your martha theology wont save you .

No theology can save you. You think there is a questionnaire to get into "heaven", as you call it? Guess again!
ONE thing is required epi . BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS , from that comes all else that is NEEDED to walk pleasing unto GOD .
FROM that cometh all that is needed . ONLY YE SAY that message is religoius dogma . not necessary .
YOU cast aside the dire need of CHRIST as though somehow we all have the DIRE NEED TO HEAR YOU who does CONTRADICT
CHRIST . NO lamb will ever head your way epi . My advice , HEAD OUR WAY , CAUSE WE POINT TO THE ONLY WAY , JESUS CHRIST
You are headed into eternal darkness Amigo. And all who follow you will turn on you and rip you to shreds. That's what it's like to hang out with the outer man...religious as he might pretend to be.

You whitewash your outside...but inside you are full of corruption.

keep playing the holier than thou role. Keep pontificating. keep virtue-signalling. I suppose it entertains some here.

I have you on ignore...i just peek every now and again how long your rantings are. I measure your ego needs by the lines your posts take up.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe not you personally...

Exactly! On this we agree.

Yes.

NO. Not the penalty of sin...the power of sin. The gospel is not in word but in power. You are missing the power. You deny the power. Admit it. You don't believe that through grace a regular man can walk as Jesus walked...without sin. Admit your unbelief.

That's not true. There are the saved of the nations that will thank God forever for His mercy. Unlike you...God is merciful. He looks after the poor... Read the story of Lazarus and the rich man. Now tell me what beliefs, or doctrinal theology, saved Lazarus.

Amen. My gospel is the gospel of both Christ AND Paul. Yours comes from Luther.

First...I don't have people and neither do you. You are imagining yourself to be a kind of cult leader of sorts. But I know that no one listens to you..Ok maybe the family pet.

And the people who hear the truth I teach change immeasurably. They go from being hypocrites...like yourself at the present time...to being honest, humble, and God-fearing people. I don't have the power to translate people into the kingdom realm. God does that. But that doesn't mean that being saved from a damnation of an eternal outer darkness into the saved nations is not a huge step forward.

Your truth can only confine people to the same religious bondage that you are in. Wait till judgment day and the fire of testing. Many will weep and gnash their teeth at you for leading them astray. And then you will have to spend an eternity with them in the wilderness of darkness. Not very pleasant. I counsel you to repent of your shallow religious aspirations and look to God who can give you power over sin, the devil and the world.
you preach no sort of gospel that paul or christ did . The gospel begins with THIS , YE MUST BELEIVE .
you dont teach that , you ATTACK THAT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds like inclusivism to me. When did you realize you had "tendencies" towards other men?

You will be reminded of this... as you wail.

You are a judge...but a false one. You will be judged as you have judged. But you will find out that God doesn't respect lip service.

Are you saying you are a professional theologian? Are you the kind that decided if a woman was a witch or not? That's how you portray yourself. A bigoted pretender who says things to be applauded by men. A man-pleaser.

All will fall short. Don't be conceited. Get over yourself.

No theology can save you. You think there is a questionnaire to get into "heaven", as you call it? Guess again!

You are headed into eternal darkness Amigo. And all who follow you will turn on you and rip you to shreds. That's what it's like to hang out with the outer man...religious as he might pretend to be.

You whitewash your outside...but inside you are full of corruption.

keep playing the holier than thou role. Keep pontificating. keep virtue-signalling. I suppose it entertains some here.

I have you on ignore...i just peek every now and again how long your rantings are. I measure your ego needs by the lines your posts take up.
i aint the one whitewashing my self epi . Thats you . you preach religoins and etc can do this by their own merits
ME i POINT TO CHRIST and then teach BY HIS POWER we can do this or that .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i aint the one whitewashing my self epi . Thats you . you preach religoins and etc can do this by their own merits
ME as i POINT TO CHRIST and then teach BY HIS POWER we can do this or that .
More self-righteous virtue-signalling. Always drawing attention to yourself . I call you Ego de Crispo.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They say that once you smell a dead body...you never forget it. Well, I smell a lot of dead religion here. People championing a religious belief over walking in resurrection life. Utterly ridiculous. It's the world upside down...making darkness light and lies to be truth.

Reactions: faithfulness

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Believe INTO Christ.." Is that the same thing as "grow up INTO the Head in all things, which is Christ...."?

But I have to ask, is this what a holy man sounds like? I don't think holiness involves disdaining and belittling the flock of Christ the way that is being done here, but would have a care and concern and a love for it.
2 Timothy 2:24-25 KJV
24) And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25) In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Titus 2:7-8 KJV
7) In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8) Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

These passages should describe those who are the Lord's appointed/annointed teachers.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They say that once you smell a dead body...you never forget it. Well, I smell a lot of dead religion here. People championing a religious belief over walking in resurrection life. Utterly ridiculous. It's the world upside down...making darkness light and lies to be truth.
Well close your mouth or wipe your upper lip , cause you the one preaching the dead religion . me and the lambs
are preaching LIFE . BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I truly believe something is being missed. And I get frustrated probably same as you. To me He speaks about idols made the works of men’s hands. I was studying this the other day because it is important to me to ask what is the works of men’s hands. It isn’t only wood, hay and stubble but stone, silver and gold.
Deuteronomy 4:28 And there you shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.

Psalm 115:1-8 Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake. [2] Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God? [3] But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased. [4] Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. [5] They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not: [6] They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not: [7] They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat. [8] They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.

Psalm 135:15-18 The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. [16] They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not; [17] They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths. [18] They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trust in them.

2 Kings 19:18-19 And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them. [19] Now therefore, O Lord our God, I beseech thee, save thou us out of his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the Lord God, even thou only.

To me significant is “They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not: [7] They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat. [8] They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusts in them.”

Because “they who trust in idols are like unto idols.” Makes me think of proselytizing. but I am trying share with you about silver and gold and stone is there too. As the work of men’s hands. Sometimes it is assumed I don’t like warnings. To me He lays out what the idol does, and those made like unto their idols. But then New Testament giving the warning about the body where the hands say it has no need of the feet. And the eyes have no need of the ears. The warning to me is when the eye has no need of the ears and the hands no need of the feet…then how will you hear, how will you see, how will you taste, how will you walk? The warning being that you cut off your own parts and in return spite your own selves. Or at least that is the warning I hear. To me the warning is an idol that can’t speak, can’t hear, can’t see, can’t walk...can’t smell, and can’t taste.

See to me this truly has significance. I don’t see how it is accidental that His speaking of idols lines up perfectly with a body that says to its parts it has no need of one another.
are you talking about the parts of the body, with Christ as the head?

Like here?

1 Corinthians 12:15
If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body?

I just want to make sure I understand..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your smelling yourself..

• Haha
Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Timothy 2:24-25 KJV
24) And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25) In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Titus 2:7-8 KJV
7) In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8) Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

These passages should describe those who are the Lord's appointed/annointed teachers.

Much love!
A shepherd must also guard the flock against the ravenous wolves that come among the flock to feed their egos...destroying the faith of the weak.

Mark, you are always looking for flesh comfort. But no wolf is allowed among the sheep. Once the wolves are gone...the shepherd can be as gentle as you like.

The problem with the modern church is that pretending got so many where they are. Do I have to play along? It's like the trans people. (who are an exact product of the name it claim it religious ones)

You can believe a man is a woman. But you can't make ME believe that.

The same goes for those who claim to be born again...but are just religiously deluded posturers.

If you think I'm hard...just wait till judgment day.

I warn people now...I resist the outer man...I take the vitriol to redirect...to protect... the weak inner man of those who would actually grow in Christ.

Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More self-righteous virtue-signalling. Always drawing attention to yourself . I call you Ego de Crispo.
so he points to Christ and you call him Ego

You point to self and we should call you what?

I seriously wonder sometimes if your just playing some game. sometimes I do not see how you can be serious..

Reactions: amigo de christo
Status
Not open for further replies.