How can a Christian have fellowship with an abortionist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed a lot of "Christians" that say they believe in Jesus but don't want to follow him, such as "Christians" that think it's fine to kill the unborn. So, how does one have fellowship with such lost people?

Reactions: JohnPaul and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, how does one have fellowship with such lost people?

Golly, what a question for a follower of Jesus to ask!

The answer is - Do what Jesus did , He had fellowship with publicans , sinners , and prostitutes…
Go and do thou likewise. :rolleyes:

The ‘world ‘ is lost …how will they know unless there is someone to show them!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed a lot of "Christians" that say they believe in Jesus but don't want to follow him, such as "Christians" that think it's fine to kill the unborn. So, how does one have fellowship with such lost people?

We can't, and should not yoke ourselves to them.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17

King James Version

14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?"

This is one reason it is so hard to live with unsaved family members, friends, roommates...
And, Jesus Himself said:

Matthew 10:34-36
34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."

Just yet another hard saying of His!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can't, and should not yoke ourselves to them.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17

King James Version

14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?"

This is one reason it is so hard to live with unsaved family members, friends, roommates...
And, Jesus Himself said:

Matthew 10:34-36

34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."

Just yet another hard saying of His!

Hmmm my friend , I don’t see ‘being yoked’ the same thing as having a friendly conversation. And ‘dripping Jesus’ everywhere we go in the world . x

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm my friend , I don’t see ‘being yoked’ the same thing as having a friendly conversation. And ‘dripping Jesus’ everywhere we go in the world . x

Oh Helen, neither do I "drip" Jesus everywhere I go, sure hope some of His characteristics are in display in me tho.
All I know is that if it were myself, - as I know myself - would fall right smack into the old man. Satan would have the perfect scenario that would surely bring back the old life I was so immersed in. Nothing wrong with a conversation! I have them with all manner of sinner out there but, not "fellowship".
xo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh Helen, neither do I "drip" Jesus everywhere I go, sure hope some of His characteristics are in display in me tho.
All I know is that if it were myself, - as I know myself - would fall right smack into the old man. Satan would have the perfect scenario that would surely bring back the old life I was so immersed in. Nothing wrong with a conversation! I have them with all manner of sinner out there but, not "fellowship".
xo

I’ve noticed this person that started the thread -hits at everyone …in his latest thread , being against members here and Moderators .
He stinks of self righteousness….everyone but him is a sinner , and /or , not a true Christian , according to him! :rolleyes: I smell no fragrance of Jesus about him….

Hence my post to him above…x

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I'm against abortionists and that's why I think people like Pelosi and Biden, Schummer just to name a few are Satanic, hiding under the guise of so called Christians and Jews, one cannot be a Catholic or Jew and be pro gay or LGBT or in favor of abortion.

Trump sought to stop all that and when he was President how many States where in the process of banning abortion, and some States are still attempting to stop it and make it illegal mostly Trump country States.

One thing I like about the Catholic Church and the Orthodox and Coptic churches is that they are holding firm against homosexuality and same sex marriages, at least they are still sticking to that rule in the Bible, one cannot be Christian and be pro abortion, Pro Gay, LGTB, I'm sorry. Do I hate gay people or abortionists or LGTB'S? No I don't hate them I feel sorry for them and their souls, unless they change their ways.

Last edited: