How can any of you stand it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No really why won't you take help or advice when it is offered to you
Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. Depends on the advice. Depends on the person/people advising.

But if I'm not going to take someone's advice, I'm not going to refer to them as an "egomaniac" for giving me advice in the first place and ask the same group of people the same questions over and over again.

Anyway it's way past time we were all set free from this world
Speak for yourself. I still have things I want to accomplish while I'm here. I'm in no hurry to be set free from this world.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I thought, you can't. You don't want to help. You just want to satisfy your ego and act holier than thou
It's not that I can't explain it. I'm simply not convinced you want to know the answer.

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a better idea

Let us out

Because really I don't understand this notion that I or anyone else need to be thankful for supernatural death threats, telling them they are going to hell etc and all the associated anxiety that causes. I was perfectly happy before all that

Sorry if the above offends anyone before they jump in to tell me that it is somehow a good thing

What would actually be a good thing is returning me to the person I was before the above
It doesn't offend anyone. You're just wrong.
Your worldview is wrong.
If you trusted Jesus you would realize that everything you go through is for your good, God's glory *and* even for the good of others.
No one can really comodrt another in a particular situation unless they've walked the path themselves, SO be grateful that you go through hard things because they are tuning you up, will be used for God's glory or will help someone suffering as you are.
That is all nonsense if you don't trust Jesus.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't offend anyone. You're just wrong.
Your worldview is wrong.
If you trusted Jesus you would realize that everything you go through is for your good, God's glory *and* even for the good of others.
No one can really comodrt another in a particular situation unless they've walked the path themselves, SO be grateful that you go through hard things because they are tuning you up, will be used for God's glory or will help someone suffering as you are.
That is all nonsense if you don't trust Jesus.

Nah you're wrong and should troll elsewhere

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah vaping is a good way to stop smoking. Just have to be careful you don't get hooked on it.
I got hooked but the cool thing about vaping is that you can decrease the percentage of nicotine in the e juice you use over time. When I got to zero percent (and it still tasted just like a cigarette) I puffed a bit extra for a couple days, then threw the thing away because I was ready. It took quite some time to get to zero percent. I've been smoke free for I bet 10 years and vape free for over 5.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I got hooked but the cool thing about vaping is that you can decrease the percentage of nicotine in the e juice you use over time. When I got to zero percent (and it still tasted just like a cigarette) I puffed a bit extra for a couple days, then threw the thing away because I was ready. It took quite some time to get to zero percent. I've been smoke free for I bet 10 years and vape free for over 5.

Yeah I want to quit nicotine use. Problem is recovering from the anxiety caused by the stuff I mentioned. You don't get anyone to stop smoking by unleashing Satan upon them at the same time you have to deal with non stop barking

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
One day there came a heavy rain storm and the town began to flood. The waters became so deep that it flowed like a giant river. A young Christian woman was able to climb up to the roof to await the Lord to rescue her. As the flood waters grew higher, up to the tops of the windows, a boat came by her house. A young man called out to her, "Lady, hurry and get into the boat." She waved him off. "No, that's okay", she said. "I am waiting for the Lord to save me."

The rain continued and now the flood waters were lapping at her feet. As she began to climb up to the ridgeline of the roof, a helicopter came by. They let down a basket and asked the lady to get into the basket. She waved them off also. "No, that's okay", she said. "I am waiting for the Lord to save me." A young man came down to her to encourage her to get into the basket. And suddenly she slipped and fell into the river and she drowned.

When she got to heaven she met the Lord, and she complained tersely, "Lord, where were you? I waited for you to save me and you never came." The Lord answered, "What do you mean? I sent a boat and you refused to get in. I sent a helicopter and you refused that also. You are here, young one because you refused to accept the help I sent."
Good post @CadyandZoe
Various forms of that analogy have been around for a long time, and one has stayed with me since the first time I heard a preacher use it as an illustration of missing the move of God.

1Co 1:27-31
  • But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise,
  • and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; (28)
  • and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen,
  • and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, (29)
that no flesh should glory in His presence. (30) But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— (31) that, as it is written, "HE WHO GLORIES, LET HIM GLORY IN THE LORD."

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good post @CadyandZoe
Various forms of that analogy have been around for a long time, and one has stayed with me since the first time I heard a preacher use it as an illustration of missing the move of God.

1Co 1:27-31
  • But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise,
  • and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; (28)
  • and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen,
  • and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, (29)
that no flesh should glory in His presence. (30) But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— (31) that, as it is written, "HE WHO GLORIES, LET HIM GLORY IN THE LORD."
Nah terrible post. If you can't post anything helpful or relevant then please do something else than acting high and mighty

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In that case you should ask him to show how much he loves you by putting you through months of supernatural death threats etc

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah the Demon called I'm so sick and tired of this pointless circle of life let us already and I love introducing my extremely long name

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm so sick and tired of this pointless circle of life let us already and I love introducing my extremely long name

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! That is what I said! Oh dear, do my locutions confuse?
They don't 'confuse'. They're simply no longer relevant, since those alleged 'death threats' have ceased.

And if they HAVE in fact ceased, THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS, because satan spiritually 'attacks' ME and other Christians every single day. Several times a day.

You're not as unique as you think you are. Not by a long shot.

Since I rejoined the Christian faith, I have had my faults pointed out to me a number of times. By God. Things I had forgotten about...things I didn't even think of as 'faults'.

And I THANK GOD for forums such as this. Even though I don't always post, I still RUN TO THEM as a source of comfort when I feel like I'm being 'attacked'. Satan has tried more than once to get me to commit suicide...for all my 'transgressions', and my transgressions are FAR BEYOND smoking...

Ain't.
Gonna.
Happen.

I don't sit there and BLAME GOD for bringing this upon me. There's a time when you gotta take responsibility for yourself.

To all those here who have been following this thread, I ask Our Father to bless you all for trying to help.

You may not feel that you've helped the OP, but you've certainly helped me...

• Love
Reactions: Nancy