How could the Messiah be sinless?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would encourage the reader to be a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) and study the scriptures to see whether what I am saying is so; beginning with the scriptures that I have referenced.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The scriptures teach that all the fulness of the Godhead dwelt in Jesus Christ, in bodily form (Colossians 2:9).
And nobody denies that. But that does not however mean that Jesus Christ is the Father nor does it mean that He is the Holy Spirit.

There is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5)...Do you deny that the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth? (see Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). No one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3). Now we know that there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5) and that this Lord is the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). So, the next thing you are going to have to do is to accuse the Holy Ghost (the Spirit of truth) of lying when He says through a believer that Jesus is the Lord. And that is practically the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
The problem is not with the scriptures you repeatedly cite, which does not teach what you teach that the Son is the Father. The problem is taking the revelations in those verses and using human wisdom and reasoning, crafting out a conclusion and teaching it as though it is a revelation of God in scriptures, which is clearly not. Clearly not, for there isn't a single passage in scriptures that teach that the Son is the Father or that the Father is the Son.

You asked "Do you deny that the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth?" And you can't stop asking such questions even while I have already answered it. Do you want me to deny by doing that? So, let me tell you directly and plainly, I do not deny that the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth.

Scriptures tell us who the Son of man is. May I ask a couple of questions, who do you say He is? Is the Son of man, Deity (God)?

Do you believe that two Spirits dwell in the Person of Jesus Christ? For it is written that there is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4). Yet both the Father and the Holy Ghost are identified in scripture as being a Spirit (John 4:23-24, John 7:39).

I do agree with you that in a certain sense, Jesus is not the Father or the Holy Ghost. He is distinct from them because of the hypostatic union. But there is another sense in which He is the Father and the Holy Ghost. For the Spirit dwelling in Jesus Christ is that one Spirit.
Why do you keep dwelling in human wisdom, reasoning, and thinking regarding this matter about God, when you have not done that when you started off with accepting the truth of the gospel, in and through the spirit (or spiritually)? Had you not believed with all your heart, that Jesus, the Christ, the Lord, suffered, died, and resurrected, for our salvation, without you having a problem with human wisdom, reason, and thinking? So, do not keep counting spirits and gods, when scriptures says there is but one God, who is spirit, and who revealed Himself in three distinct persons of Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Believe as you did in the beginning. As God is one, the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, are not three separate Gods, but are the three distinct persons of the one God.

Tong
R1011

Reactions: Enoch111

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And nobody denies that. But that does not however mean that Jesus Christ is the Father nor does it mean that He is the Holy Spirit.

That the fulness of the Godhead dwells in Jesus Christ in bodily form means that the Father and the Holy Ghost dwell in the Person of Jesus Christ as a singular Spirit.

Clearly not, for there isn't a single passage in scriptures that teach that the Son is the Father or that the Father is the Son.

I beg to differ. Isaiah 9:6 is clear that the son that was given shall have among other names the name of "the everlasting Father". In order to come to your understanding of things, you have to change the wording of this scripture, twice. How much better to take it simply at face value?

You asked "Do you deny that the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth?" And you can't stop asking such questions even while I have already answered it.

No, you had not yet answered it, while I know that in the post that I am responding to, you are about to answer it.

Do you want me to deny by doing that? So, let me tell you directly and plainly, I do not deny that the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth.

Do you deny that there is one Lord? or do you deny that Jesus is the Lord?

Because now, you would have to deny one or the other (or both) in order not to believe that Jesus is the Father.

May I ask a couple of questions, who do you say He is? Is the Son of man, Deity (God)?

Yes. His Spirit is the Father (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11).

As God is one, the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, are not three separate Gods, but are the three distinct persons of the one God.

Then you must realize that they are absolutely ONE (being one God).

What this means is that they are the same Spirit, the same Lord, and the same God (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).

I know you'll get it eventually. I'm going to pray for you.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that you have simply not come to the revelation of what is revealed in holy scripture.
On the contrary Tong has given you the correct and biblical understanding of the Godhead -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- three divine persons yet one God.

It is you who has somehow gone off the rails, and are confusing and confounding the truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary Tong has given you the correct and biblical understanding of the Godhead -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- three divine persons yet one God.

It is you who has somehow gone off the rails, and are confusing and confounding the truth.
That is merely what you think.

I know that my view of the Godhead is accurate. I have studied it out and have asked the Lord for revelation on the subject; and have studied the holy scriptures diligently with the doctrine of the Trinity always in the back of my mind for years until I came to the proper conclusion.

I say to you verily that the Trinity can be understood as a doctrine.

I also do not deny that the members of the Trinity are distinctly three different Persons.

For I say that Jesus is the Father come in human flesh. Jesus is here in the flesh; while the Father inhabiteth eternity. But they are the same Spirit.

We have one God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For I say that Jesus is the Father come in human flesh.
That is absurd. Jesus is the "only begotten Son of God" therefore He cannot be the Father. Just like you cannot be your father. There is another person here who claims that Jesus is the Holy Spirit. Another erroneous belief.

1. God the Father is neither the Son nor the Holy Spirit.
2. God the Son is neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit.
3. God the Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is absurd.

See 1 Corinthians 1:18-21.

Jesus is the "only begotten Son of God" therefore He cannot be the Father.

He can be and is. You would see this if you took Isaiah 9:6 at face value instead of changing the wording of that scripture twice in order to come up with what you deem to be "sound doctrine".

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
That the fulness of the Godhead dwells in Jesus Christ in bodily form means that the Father and the Holy Ghost dwell in the Person of Jesus Christ as a singular Spirit.
What the verse speaks about is the the fulness of the Godhead dwelling in Jesus Christ. That does not mean that when the Father and the Holy Spirit dwells in Jesus Christ, that Jesus Christ is the Father and is the Holy Spirit sir.

I beg to differ. Isaiah 9:6 is clear that the son that was given shall have among other names the name of "the everlasting Father". In order to come to your understanding of things, you have to change the wording of this scripture, twice. How much better to take it simply at face value?
I've already taken this up with you in our past exchanges, so I will not go into that again here.

Do you deny that there is one Lord? or do you deny that Jesus is the Lord?

Because now, you would have to deny one or the other (or both) in order not to believe that Jesus is the Father.
It's because you are using your human wisdom, reasoning, and thinking, that you see it to be like that.

I can see how when one really gets confused. I'll try to make it as plain and clear for you, and perhaps you might stop asking such questions.

Scriptures says there is one Lord. He is God. God revealed Himself in scriptures in the persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Is the Father the one Lord? Yes. Is the Son (Jesus Christ) the one Lord? Yes. Is the Holy Spirit the one Lord? Yes. Now, there are not three Lords, but one Lord. You can understand that either by faith or by human wisdom. That's up to you. But let me say this, if the Christian try to understand that using their human wisdom, reasoning, and thinking, (as you here do), they will surely fall short and fail.

Tong
R1012

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
May I ask a couple of questions, who do you say He is? Is the Son of man, Deity (God)?
Yes. His Spirit is the Father (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11).
Now, you say the Son of man is Deity and that His Spirit is the Father. You cited a couple of passages. But any Christian will see that said scriptures does not say what you say there, but that, what you say is your own conclusion coming from your human wisdom, reasoning, and thinking.

The title Son of man is a title that scriptures used of Jesus. Son of "man", the title says. That alone tells us that the title Son of man, pertains to the man, not to the Deity.

Tong
R1013

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible clearly says that every human will sin someday:

There is no human who does not sin. (1 Kings 8:46)

But then how could the Messiah be sinless?

I would say that the spirit in the Messiah was not a human spirit but the spirit of God. The Spirit of God in the flesh, therefore John 1:1 and 14. But then one asks oneself the question, did the incarnation of the Spirit create another person separated from the father? Should one think that God has begotten a real son? That God has begotten a real son sounds illogical to me, since this would then be a second God, but if the Messiah is the Father, one would have to ask oneself why the Bible constantly separates the Son from the Father.
About ten years ago, I asked this very same question. The Holy Spirit gave me the answer to it. Because Jesus had a perfect relationship with the Father.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Father the one Lord? Yes. Is the Son (Jesus Christ) the one Lord? Yes. Is the Holy Spirit the one Lord? Yes. Now, there are not three Lords, but one Lord. You can understand that either by faith or by human wisdom. That's up to you. But let me say this, if the Christian try to understand that using their human wisdom, reasoning, and thinking, (as you here do), they will surely fall short and fail.

Why does the doctrine of the Trinity have to be so hard to understand that no one can understand it?

I believe that I do understand it; and if you don't that is fine: you merely have to accept it on faith. As for me, "my faith has become my eyes"...I understand the Trinity and my reasoning, thinking , and wisdom do not fail me.

I accept what the word of God says about the Trinity on faith. But my understanding is more concise than yours is. You ought to pray that you might understand the Trinity better and then begin to search the scriptures for information that will help you to understand the Trinity better. You can be sure that concepts of the relationship between time and eternity will be a factor in your coming to a true understanding of these concepts.

Now, you say the Son of man is Deity and that His Spirit is the Father. You cited a couple of passages. But any Christian will see that said scriptures does not say what you say there, but that, what you say is your own conclusion coming from your human wisdom, reasoning, and thinking.

Any Christian who is honest with themselves will see that the passages in question (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11) say what I say they say. Do you think that you can deter people from reading them by saying that they don't say what they do say? That people will just take your word for it and not study it out for themselves? You need to understand that those who are elected by God are going to be Bereans in the matter (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11).

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible clearly says that every human will sin someday:

There is no human who does not sin. (1 Kings 8:46)

But then how could the Messiah be sinless?

I would say that the spirit in the Messiah was not a human spirit but the spirit of God. The Spirit of God in the flesh, therefore John 1:1 and 14. But then one asks oneself the question, did the incarnation of the Spirit create another person separated from the father? Should one think that God has begotten a real son? That God has begotten a real son sounds illogical to me, since this would then be a second God, but if the Messiah is the Father, one would have to ask oneself why the Bible constantly separates the Son from the Father.

Sinning comes natural because of the sin nature. Sinning is not what makes you a sinner persay, it is the sin nature that makes a sinner! Human beings are born sinner's by nature. Babies as cute as they are have a sin nature. You do not learn sin you are born with it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. God the Father is neither the Son nor the Holy Spirit.
2. God the Son is neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit.
3. God the Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son.
Can you cite scripture to back up 1, 2, and 3?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15) and as such, in the descending He could not cease to dwell in eternity; for whatever is dwelling in eternity is there eternally.

So, Jesus both went forward and stayed behind in eternity when He incarnated as the Son.

The voice of the Father, therefore, that spoke at Jesus' baptism, was the preincarnate Jesus.

Now, when Jesus died on the Cross, see Luke 23:46 for what He said.

He released His Spirit back to the Father.

And His Spirit was the Father (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11).

When He gave up the Ghost, the Holy Ghost became the title of the Father as He had lived a human life. The same Spirit, different experience. And also, the Holy Ghost does indeed proceed from the Father. But they are the same Spirit (Ephesians 4:4, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6).

So then, the Holy Ghost who descended at Jesus' baptism like a dove was the Father and the Spirit of Jesus.

For the Holy Ghost, from Luke 23:46, also ascended to exist outside of time (Ephesians 4:10) and also reserves the right to enter into any place in time to dwell in Old Testament prophets (1 Peter 1:11) and New Testament saints (2 timothy 1:14), in all of His fulness (1 Corinthians 6:17, Ephesians 3:19).

And He is able also to descend very easily to the time and place of Jesus' baptism.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scriptures speaks of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, as distinct persons. And so, I take them accordingly. Jesus is not a separate Lord from the Father and there are not two Lords but one Lord.
Mat 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
Mat 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
Mat 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Mat 22:45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Reactions: soul man

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Why does the doctrine of the Trinity have to be so hard to understand that no one can understand it?

I believe that I do understand it; and if you don't that is fine: you merely have to accept it on faith. As for me, "my faith has become my eyes"...I understand the Trinity and my reasoning, thinking , and wisdom do not fail me.

I accept what the word of God says about the Trinity on faith. But my understanding is more concise than yours is. You ought to pray that you might understand the Trinity better and then begin to search the scriptures for information that will help you to understand the Trinity better. You can be sure that concepts of the relationship between time and eternity will be a factor in your coming to a true understanding of these concepts.
By faith, one understands the revelations of God concerning His being. Those who relies on their human wisdom, reasoning, thinking, and understanding, in determining the truth, finds the things of the Spirit of God, to be foolishness. Not that the things of the Spirit of God are foolishness, but that, they are not understood by the natural senses of the man, but are spiritually discerned. The wisdom of God far far greater surpasses all of human wisdom. That is why it is written "Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?".

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;

Any Christian who is honest with themselves will see that the passages in question (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11) say what I say they say. Do you think that you can deter people from reading them by saying that they don't say what they do say? That people will just take your word for it and not study it out for themselves? You need to understand that those who are elected by God are going to be Bereans in the matter (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11).
Nobody here is deterring people from reading scriptures. To the contrary, the Christian is encouraged to be as the Bereans of Acts 17:11. Do not take a single word from me, except it be found and in keeping with scriptures.

Tong
R1014