How did demons get so evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What made them go from bad, to worse, to even worse?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They seem to be just like humans Friend. Examples in the Bible, and from those who have experienced them show that some are very wicked whereas some are very kind. All of them became demons however when they forsook their proper dwelling place and took on human form and had offspring with human women. satan appears to be so wicked he wants to take all he can with him, strangely the same thing my drill instructor taught us in boot camp. Some people simply hate, as they do not know God. All demons know God, but they also know their finale, which like humans, when you know you are going to die, you may have well get what you want while you can, by any means necessary.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, friend of,

This specific question pertaining to demons, is an interesting one. Sometimes people who were possessed by demons where known as demoniacs. Jesus would cast the demon out.

I believe God created the heavens and gave the angels there with him freedom of choice. I believe from this place they could see earth, and also the separation from light and darkness.

When reading Genesis, darkness is : misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness. I believe the Angel who desired the darkness over the light ended up becoming the adversary of God. There were others who followed along with Satan and I believe that ultimately however they have now been defeated by Christ and his victory over Satan and his demons.

Just thoughts doesn’t mean I’m right,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t see how people can look at others and say there is a demon inside of them now today… I simply cant wrap my mind around if I’m in a setting with others talking about others when they are not around like.

oh that man/woman got a demon in them we gotta get it out…

You aren’t gonna get anything out: like the disciples, however Jesus can purge the darkness in the person out. Darkness exist in us all. That is what one does is share, the good news and the darkness starts to be lifted.

How wonderful are those who sit in the shadow of death, get to know a wonderful light is shining, and that light being of the Word gives life too!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan was evil from the start, they are not like humans either @Robert Gwin.

John 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They seem to be just like humans Friend. Examples in the Bible, and from those who have experienced them show that some are very wicked whereas some are very kind. All of them became demons however when they forsook their proper dwelling place and took on human form and had offspring with human women. satan appears to be so wicked he wants to take all he can with him, strangely the same thing my drill instructor taught us in boot camp. Some people simply hate, as they do not know God. All demons know God, but they also know their finale, which like humans, when you know you are going to die, you may have well get what you want while you can, by any means necessary.
I've never met not heard of a kind demon. lol
I have known them to be very deceptive and pretend to be something they aren't because their goal is bringing people under bondage. Demons are and always have been very evil.

Also, fallen angels are not demons. Demons are the spirits of the nephilim who were offspring of fallen angels and human women.

Reactions: Nancy

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t see how people can look at others and say there is a demon inside of them now today… I simply cant wrap my mind around if I’m in a setting with others talking about others when they are not around like.

oh that man/woman got a demon in them we gotta get it out…

You aren’t gonna get anything out: like the disciples, however Jesus can purge the darkness in the person out. Darkness exist in us all. That is what one does is share, the good news and the darkness starts to be lifted.

How wonderful are those who sit in the shadow of death, get to know a wonderful light is shining, and that light being of the Word gives life too!
The Bible gives the blueprint in regards to how someone can tell because he used the same exact tactics in the OT and throughout the NT. While anyone can be susceptible to possession if they're not close to God, Satan usually begins with people in a position of leadership because they are able to influence other people's thoughts and beliefs.

There is perhaps no greater example of this than the Communist attempts at deliberately destroying the English-speaking countries by redefining the nuclear family, rewriting our countries' history, and turning our countries into totalitarian regimes.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s so important to share Jesus and live by the spirit, having mercy, love, peace, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness. Love your enemy, pray for those despise you and persecute you.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don’t see how people can look at others and say there is a demon inside of them now today… I
If you did see you would know how. You'll want to unsee it if you do.

Satan doesn't want you to think he's evil, so he is working on his image as an ancient fairy tale. His next gig is to get some worshipping happenin' round himself.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which begs the question, why did God create a being that was evil from the start?
And why did God create evil? I really don't know. I think that is a question only God can answer.

Isaiah 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Lambano, and Devin,

I would like to share my insights for the question. The question to me seems to be answered like this but maybe I am wrong.

why did God create a being that was evil from the start?

God created angels from the start, then also created a separation from light and darkness before the earth was formed.

Throughout scripture you can find how Angels had freewill. I believe that angels could see the darkness afterward, As the Angel known as Satan decided to go against God and desired for others to follow him as he followed after the darkness instead. Having come down as the “Ancient Serpent who lied to Eve, who she then made her own choice, as did Adam).

Eventually Satan who was able to go from heaven to earth, was cast out of heaven and down on earth, and Satan and demons ran amuck for years and years until Jesus finally showed up who had come to destroy the work of the devil, and eventually Satan and His Demons be done away with, as the Bible professed in itself.

I could be wrong this is just something that has evolved over time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the presence of God people who do not like light enjoy to do evil instead. That is How God is able to create evil, or calamity. Which comes from the other person and their decision. I believe Devin.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which begs the question, why did God create a being that was evil from the start?
Ezekiel 28:15
[15]Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some things about demons. Catholic exorcists have been encountering evil face to face for 2000 years. They document the exorcism to understand whatever happens. They are the experts and the odd things that I have seen are explained by their expertise.
They don't have free will. They can't will to be or do anything that they already don't do. It does get cold when they manifest. They use the energy where they manifest. They can contort the body and face. Entirely for show wanting to scare. The spinning head happens. It's not rotating all the way around

It has to be forced to tell the exorcist it's name. It tries to keep that secret because knowing it's name means it can be called and subjected to torment. May need it to find out how it got the rights over this person's body. Sin, a curse, a pact, an ancestor.
A person lifted up in prayer might attract their attention because they more resembles the image of God. Their hatred for God motivates everything they do.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe that it goes back to the garden of Eden. A rebel angel assigned as a guardian, began to envy the position of God and desired the worship that God would be given by the newly created humans. Up to that point in time, there were no lower creatures who could see him as a god. His fellow angels were his equal in power, so at best he could be their leader, but he wanted worship and gave himself away when he tempted Jesus to do one act of worship to him.

By abusing his free will, Satan was the first angel to rebel and he persuaded the humans to disobey God so that he could claim their worship for himself. He separated them from their Creator and God gave them over to satan for him to prove that he was the better ruler. (Luke 4:5-8; 1 John 5:19) As time went on, he also persuaded other angels to join him in rebellion, perhaps promising them freedom from slavery to God, but like the humans, conning them into another form of slavery that would never make them happy.

Romans 6:16....
“Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness?”

Because God allowed satan a free hand in his attempts to prove himself to be the better ruler, he has not interfered with the activities of the devil and his angels so that what is recorded in Ecclesiastes 8:11 proved true even of the angels who became demons....”Because sentence against a bad deed has not been executed speedily, the heart of men becomes emboldened to do bad.” They become hardened to sin and because they keep close company with equally bad individuals; there is no one to put on the brakes and we see in human behaviour that the influence of some bad individuals has a great bearing on the conduct and morality of others.

When humans and angels separate themselves from God by disobedience, they lose his spirit and any progress that they may have made in spiritual growth regresses and then disappears.
Perhaps we can liken it to an unblemished piece of fruit. We wait until it is ripe and enjoy the flavor of something at the peak of its perfection. But left without anyone to consume it at its best, that piece of fruit will just go rotten.....the longer it stays the more rotten it becomes. This is what humans and angels are like when God withdraws his spirit from them. There is nothing to prompt them to be better...or to do better. They then sink to lower and lower depths of depravity.

A knowledge of good and evil was the one thing that God wanted to withhold from his human family.
It wasn’t that they didn’t know good from bad, but that God never wanted them to decide that for themselves. Don’t we see today that many people do not know the difference, and so they make serious mistakes in judgment and suffer the consequences of their actions. If God had been left to make those decisions for us, no harm would ever have befallen us. Obeying God in all things would have saved us from a lot of heartache....

Reactions: JohnPaul

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan was evil from the start, they are not like humans either @Robert Gwin.

John 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Devin, I did not say that, satan was not evil from the start, in fact he did not become evil until he lied to Eve. If he was evil from the start, that would mean he was created imperfect, which would indicate God's creations were imperfect. In fact, that is one of the reasons Jesus was sent, as the accusation was made basically that man was created imperfect, and would not be able to live sinlessly, as seen in Job's account. Jesus went through much torture, but did not sin sir. God's creations are in fact perfect.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never met not heard of a kind demon. lol
I have known them to be very deceptive and pretend to be something they aren't because their goal is bringing people under bondage. Demons are and always have been very evil.

Also, fallen angels are not demons. Demons are the spirits of the nephilim who were offspring of fallen angels and human women.

I am sure that those who call on the demons would disagree. You and I disagree as well, the angels who forsook their proper dwelling place are actually the demons and are alive, their hybrid offspring all are dead maam.