How did demons get so evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said it is not only possible, but would happen again in the last days.

Matthew 24:37
[37]But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
I believe it was the the degraded way that people lived in the days of Noah that would be seen again when Jesus was due to come as judge.

Violence and immorality dominate this world, especially in its entertainment. Children are raised on a steady diet of these things in what they watch on their screens. Adults too can’t seem to get enough of it. Filthy reality TV shows and movies that are violent and feature graphic sex and demonic themes.....these are what we are seeing. The internet is streaming this filth into people’s homes so the demons are still very active but in a different way these days when they can no longer manifest in their own flesh.....they manifest in the flesh of others who allow them to.

God’s people had laws that forbade them to live immoral lives, or to have anything to do with spiritistic practices. Jesus taught us the value of being “no part of the world” which meant being no part of its corrupt politics and bloodshed. We were not to follow the world in their violent, immoral and greedy ways.

I think you are misunderstanding what God said in Genesis....
Genesis 6:1-8....
“When mankind began to multiply on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of mankind were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves. And the Lord said, “My Spirit will not remain with mankind forever, because they are corrupt. Their days will be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth both in those days and afterward, when the sons of God came to the daughters of mankind, who bore children to them. They were the powerful men of old, the famous men. When the Lord saw that man’s wickedness was widespread on the earth and that every scheme his mind thought of was nothing but evil all the time, the Lord regretted that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. Then the Lord said, “I will wipe off from the face of the earth mankind, whom I created, together with the animals, creatures that crawl, and birds of the sky—for I regret that I made them.” Noah, however, found favor in the sight of the Lord.” (HCSB)

“In those days and afterwards” was speaking about the time before the flood. Noah was instructed to build an enormous structure that would save both mankind and all the species of animals. It would have taken decades for Noah to construct this ark and, he was 500 years old before he fathered his children. (Genesis 5:32) God allotted 120 years until he would bring things to a finish. Noah had three sons who had to grow into adulthood and then take wives themselves.....I believe that this is the “afterward”......it didn’t mean after the flood, but after Noah had received his instructions.

The rebel angels could no longer manifest in the flesh after the flood. The only flesh they could control was other people’s....and they could only do that if people disobeyed God’s Law. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12) Since no other nation had those laws, demonism was rife in the world. The hallmark of false worship is seen in its spiritistic practices, especially was this true in the land of Canaan, which was to be gifted to Abraham’s descendants. (referred to in Deuteronomy.)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly what I said. For that reason, I do not believe there was nephilim DNA preserved on the Ark.

And yet ....
Genesis 6:4 says very clearly that there were nephilim in the land both before and after that time period. And that verse tells plainly how that happened.... "when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men."

When these beings procreated and branched out, they had different family names. It makes sense that the word would change to describe specific parentage ....many of these were descendants. But they were still giants.

And yet, the word translated "giants" in Genesis 6:4 is this...

Hebrew: נפל נפיל
Transliteration: nephîyl nephil
Pronunciation: {nef-eel'} nef-eel'
Definition: From H5307; {properly} a {feller} that {is} a bully or tyrant: - giant.
KJV Usage: giant (3x).
Occurs: 3

This very clearly calls the giants both before and after the flood "nephil" or "nephilim." And again ...that verse clearly explains exactly how they came about.

And then, consider that Numbers 13:32-33 states that Goliath of Gath (and his family) was a direct descendant of the nephilim. The reason I gather this is that the Anakim and Rephaim came from the nephilim. And Goliath came from the Anakim and Rephaim.

Numbers 13:32-33
[32]And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
[33]And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

The word translated "giants" in verse 33 is the same word we get "nephilim" from...

Hebrew: נפל נפיל
Transliteration: nephîyl nephil
Pronunciation: {nef-eel'} nef-eel'
Definition: From H5307; {properly} a {feller} that {is} a bully or tyrant: - giant.
KJV Usage: giant (3x).
Occurs: 3
In verses: 2

I will find more scripture, but we can already see that the giants in the land of Canaan were nephilim, the descendants of Anak.

Edit: More scripture reference related to Goliath.

Joshua 11:21-23
[21]And at that time came Joshua, and cut off the Anakims from the mountains, from Hebron, from Debir, from Anab, and from all the mountains of Judah, and from all the mountains of Israel: Joshua destroyed them utterly with their cities.
[22]There was none of the Anakims left in the land of the children of Israel: only in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod, there remained.
[23]So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the LORD said unto Moses; and Joshua gave it for an inheritance unto Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. And the land rested from war.

1 Samuel 17:3-7
[3]And the Philistines stood on a mountain on the one side, and Israel stood on a mountain on the other side: and there was a valley between them.
[4]And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
[5]And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass.
[6]And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders.
[7]And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him.

The difference here is our understanding. You have now established there were unusually large people after the flood, I agree. However, we most likely are in disagreement on what the nephilim are, they were half angel, human mothers, angelic fathers. Do you agree with that? After the flood, angels were not allowed to take on flesh and have offspring with human women.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There seems to be a certain enmity placed on humans so they are inclined to kill the Nephalim if they see one. Hence all the stories of smoking Nephalim out of their caves.

In this environment they wouldn't be able to become prolific again, unless we transform humans into something similar.

Hi Forrest, nice speaking to you sir. Yes sad but true, imperfect people are inherently bad, we have to struggle to be worthy of being judged as sheep in God's eyes. One of the best verses in the Bible to live by is the well known golden rule as it has been called: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Yes sir, if we treat others the way we desire to be treated, the world would be a much different place.