How do you read this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Mark 10:27
27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
KJV
Luke 1:37
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
KJV

Do you see it to say that, for men things are impossible, but for God all things are possible?
Or
Do you see it to say that with man's limited help we personally can't do anything, but WITH God's infinite help WE personally can do all things?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Suhar said:
[SIZE=medium]If it is with God’s help then it is not personally, is it?[/SIZE]
I am not saying that we personally as in our own ability.... I am saying it is a personal promise to all who can receive God's help by faith.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you really want to understand this verse, you really need to stop using the KJV and try something a little more user friendly. :huh:

Bless ya!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Angelina said:
If you really want to understand this verse, you really need to stop using the KJV and try something a little more user friendly. :huh:

Bless ya!
Do you mean one of the watered down versions of the Bible that sound more pleasing to the natural ear?

You do realize that when we make the Word of God easier to swallow by changing the meaning of the original Word that it meant in the Hebrew or Greek for a more modern socially acceptable one, you deceive the hearer??

Such as the word Doctor... in todays translations it mean a healer by man's hands and magic potions such as Pharmekea, Pharmacists, pills, medications. Which is really a Sorcerer that does fake healing as in Sorcery.

But the true meaning in the Bible in which it means Rabbi, Teacher of the law meaning the true healer which is the Word himself.

Acts 5:34
34 Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;
KJV
Luke 2:46
46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
KJV
Luke 5:17
17 And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them.
KJV

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
[SIZE=medium]KJ bible translation is very flawed in itself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]How many people died believing that it says “thou shall not kill?” while it actually means “thou shall not murder”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Compare many translations:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]http://biblehub.com/mark/10-27.htm[/SIZE]

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Suhar said:
[SIZE=medium]KJ bible translation is very flawed in itself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]How many people died believing that it says “thou shall not kill?” while it actually means “thou shall not murder”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Compare many translations:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]http://biblehub.com/mark/10-27.htm[/SIZE]
So you would like to believe that kill and murder are not the same, but they are. Dead is DEAD rather you accidentally killed someone or purposefully murdered them it does not matter they have been killed, murdered how ever you like to say it.

You do understand that when Cain who was the first man to KILL his brother Abel, that Adam did not take revenge and rightfully(IN MAN'S EYES) kill Cain, nor did Eve, and therefor since there was no man WILLING to kill, neither did God kill Cain for God only uses willing hearts to carry out His judgments and in fact... God put a mark upon Cain so that no man would kill Cain.
David was not allowed to build the temple for God for he was a man of war that killed in the name of God. Saul also killed in the name of God until Jesus who is restoring the holiness of Israel, STOPPED him from killing in the name of God any longer.

In fact we are told that all who are willing to kill with a sword/weapon/tongue shall die by the sword for we shall all reap what we have sown.
Matt 26:52
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
KJV
You do understand that we are to return no evil for evil RIGHT? So if someone evil comes up to you and says mean things or hits you, as a Christian, are you to take your own vengeance? Or defend yourself which is still returning evil for evil to escalate by throwing WOOD on the fire?
Or is your job to calm this person and help him to see the light of his actions to extinguish the flame before it ends in a BLAZE of killing?

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
afaithfulone4u said:
So you would like to believe that kill and murder are not the same, but they are. Dead is DEAD rather you accidentally killed someone or purposefully murdered them it does not matter they have been killed, murdered how ever you like to say it.

[SIZE=medium]Seems like people who believe in total infallibility of KJ translation are also very big into hair splitting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If you do not understand the difference between “kill” and “murder” then there is really no point in attempting to have an intelligent conversation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Same God that said do not murder also told Jews to go out there and do a whole lot of killing. Necessary and justifiable killing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]English maybe my third language but because I had to learn other languages I understand how impossible it is to have a direct word-to-word translation from one language into another. Some languages have entire linguistic concepts that do not exist in English. This is why it is very helpful to read multiple translations of same passage in order to understand true meaning of it.[/SIZE]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you mean one of the watered down versions of the Bible that sound more pleasing to the natural ear?
no...I mean the one's that YOU can actually understand as you seem to have more questions than answers...

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Suhar said:
[SIZE=medium]Seems like people who believe in total infallibility of KJ translation are also very big into hair splitting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If you do not understand the difference between “kill” and “murder” then there is really no point in attempting to have an intelligent conversation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Same God that said do not murder also told Jews to go out there and do a whole lot of killing. Necessary and justifiable killing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]English maybe my third language but because I had to learn other languages I understand how impossible it is to have a direct word-to-word translation from one language into another. Some languages have entire linguistic concepts that do not exist in English. This is why it is very helpful to read multiple translations of same passage in order to understand true meaning of it.[/SIZE]
Main Entry:1mur*der
Pronunciation:*m*r-d*r
Function:noun
1 : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought
2 : something unusually difficult or dangerous

You may want to split hairs, but I say killing anyone for any reason is WRONG.
Before Jesus' death man had no choice but to kill out of protection, for that was the way of the carnal flesh man and God allowed killing for governing purposes because otherwise the evil people will destroy the peace loving people off and then who will be left to PREACH the GOOD NEWS? But once the Spirit of God was available, then we are not to fight flesh and blood but the spirits of the wicked heavenlies is our enemy and our sword is the Word of God.... not a physical sword to kill souls before they have a chance to receive Christ and be saved as YOU are supposed to be.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
I heard Jews that speak Hebrew say that is says "murder"

You can choose to believe a lie, nothing unusual about that. People have been dying for and because of lies for a very long time.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Angelina said:
no...I mean the one's that YOU can actually understand as you seem to have more questions than answers...
Do you mean to say that I have more questions than answers or that readers of the KJV has more? If you are referring to me then I say.. I rarely have a question... My posts are not asking a question, they are asking as if to GIVE the answer. I do not study from man, but the Holy Spirit gives me my understanding as I eat in the UPPER Room at the table of God in my Father's house. I am not like the foolish virgins that buy their truth from men... I chew my own Bread the hidden manna which is ANGEL'S FOOD that God gives to me and then I share some as well with those who CAN receive it.

Ps 78:24 And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.
25 Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.
KJV
1 John 2:27
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
KJV
Matt 25:8-10
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
KJV

I do read an NIV rainbow that my mother gave to me when I first began to read the Bible out of respect for her. At that time I did not realize the difference, but there is a BIG difference and I always compare it with the KJV for accuracy. I choose to trust that God was well able to have one man be able to bring the Word of God to us in a translation that is complete so that ALL men could have a good resource to get confirmation of TRUTH together with what God is revealing to His people.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you mean to say that I have more questions than answers or that readers of the KJV has more? If you are referring to me then I say.. I rarely have a question... My posts are not asking a question, they are asking as if to GIVE the answer. I do not study from man, but the Holy Spirit gives me my understanding as I eat in the UPPER Room at the table of God in my Father's house. I am not like the foolish virgins that buy their truth from men... I chew my own Bread the hidden manna which is ANGEL'S FOOD that God gives to me and then I share some as well with those who CAN receive it.
Then please ask the Holy Spirit to help you write in a way that others are able to understand what you are meaning.... :huh:

Thank you!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Suhar said:
I heard Jews that speak Hebrew say that is says "murder"

You can choose to believe a lie, nothing unusual about that. People have been duying for and because of lies for a very long time.
And if you like to be deceived in thinking that man has the right to take another man's life for his own reason's then there is nothing I can do to reach you. But I would like to ask you when ever did you see any of the disciples return evil for evil?
Gen 4:13-15
13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
KJV
Matt 26:51-52
51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
KJV

And here is another form of murder that Paul warns us of:
1 John 3:14-15
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
KJV

Did you know that you can MURDER with your tongue? Yes, we can kill off a whole family with slander and lies against them that ruins their life, business, marriage, health due to stress and anxiety that comes from WAGGLING TONGUES that are an evil all to themselves.

Did you consider that Moses was a murderer or a killer when he killed the Egyptian?
Angelina said:
Then please ask the Holy Spirit to help you write in a way that others are able to understand what you are meaning.... :huh:

Thank you!
Are you talking about HOW I write.. or what I write ABOUT that you are having trouble?

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
afaithfulone4u said:
And if you like to be deceived in thinking that man has the right to take another man's life for his own reason's then there is nothing I can do to reach you. But I would like to ask you when ever did you see any of the disciples return evil for evil?
So, there is no possible reason for righteous killing? If you watch armed rapist raping child at front of you and you have a loaded gun in your hand you would just plea with rapist in nice "christian" tone?

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
[SIZE=medium]I see that you cannot answer the question but I have to tell you something:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]You turned KJ translation into an idol. Not the Bible but KJ translation of it. Idol to the point that you are willing to die for it. You can choose to understand Word of God by comparing other translations or even by studying languages it was written in but you do not.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]What if you die in self defense situation while not defending yourself and when you get to the other side you realize that ooops…. You just committed suicide by not defending yourself even though you could?[/SIZE]

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Suhar said:
[SIZE=medium]I see that you cannot answer the question but I have to tell you something:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]You turned KJ translation into an idol. Not the Bible but KJ translation of it. Idol to the point that you are willing to die for it. You can choose to understand Word of God by comparing other translations or even by studying languages it was written in but you do not.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]What if you die in self defense situation while not defending yourself and when you get to the other side you realize that ooops…. You just committed suicide by not defending yourself even though you could?[/SIZE]
First of all my OP is about having eyes to see a blessing in the scripture of how all things are possible for them who seek God's help, but you just want to turn it into an argument about which translation is the best and is easiest for our ears.
Are you a follower of Christ? If so then why don't you believe what is Written:
Acts 7:59-60
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
KJV
Luke 23:34
34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
KJV
Matt 10:16-23
16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
KJV

I see nothing about defending our self do you?
Luke 9:54-56
54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
KJV

As we learn from these verses, Jesus makes it clear that to return evil for evil is not of God's Spirit. We are not to help destroy men, but to save them from their sins meaning SO THEY DON'T DO THEM ANYMORE

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
[SIZE=medium]Few points I gathered from your replies:[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=medium]Your Radical Pacifism is totally FAKE! It does not connect from your “beliefs” to real life. This is why you could nor connect your beliefs with possible real life situation. You are trying to fool yourself (AND others). This is why you could not answer my question.[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=medium]You do not know a difference between martyrdom and suicide. Between “Convert or die” and “I will rape and kill your child, you just go over there and watch” there is a DIFFERENCE![/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=medium]You do not show any proof that KJV translation is the only true translation that is some how infallible. You are worshiping an idol of one translation to the point of dying for it without comparing it to discover true Word of God![/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=medium]All you do is you are shifting responsibility of protecting yourself to others who cannot be Christians. Christianity is not a suicide pact. You are saying that any soldier, policeman or judge cannot be Christian. This cannot possibly be a truth! Even after Jesus came this world it is still fallen and evil people are still very much with us. When soldiers (who were also police) asked Jesus what they should do He did not tell them “Quit you bloody job or go to hell” did He? [/SIZE]
http://biblehub.com/luke/3-14.htm

[SIZE=medium]Weird things happen when I paste text from Word into this site. Now 1.2.3. turned into 1.1.1. and I cannot even edit that. Oh well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]