How should the church service be structured

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if he's a "chameleon" - but he would have had to confess that if he were Catholic.
Idolatry is a grave sin.
....says the Catholic whose church bldg and house is wall to wall graven images of heavenly saints.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah good thing no mud in my face that way. But its good to know you think we are all smart just like Einstein, Thanks

Oh, don't worry. I don't.
That was just sarcasm that went waaaaaayyyy over your head.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not in the graven image business, but I will leave that to the RCC statuary-ists.
Your Driver's license is a graven image, sparky.

Every picture of your kids and your family, every statue or print or painting on the walls of your home, every every little birdie in your garden, every yard gnome, every game piece in your monopoly set, etc. Those are ALL graven images, my hypocritical friend . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....says the Catholic whose church bldg and house is wall to wall graven images of heavenly saints.

Besides a depiction of Christ, there is a statue of Mary and of Joseph.
Ummmmmmm, HARDLY a "wall-to-wall" display, my dishonest friend . . .

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Translation:
"I stuck my foot in my mouth again - and I can't get it out."

Next time, try to present some actual evidence, sparky . . .

People like him or not able to produce real evidence, Their inbuilt bias and prejudice won't allow them.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides a depiction of Christ, there is a statue of Mary and of Joseph.
Ummmmmmm, HARDLY a "wall-to-wall" display, my dishonest friend . . .
How about that scapular graven image hanging around your neck?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Driver's license is a graven image, sparky.

Every picture of your kids and your family, every statue or print or painting on the walls of your home, every every little birdie in your garden, every yard gnome, every game piece in your monopoly set, etc. Those are ALL graven images, my hypocritical friend . . .
Prayer/devotions towards ANY image makes it idolatry.....you know that....as you kneel before the statue of Mary, begging for her help, and the infant son that she commands...

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above..

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reference was not about Truther!
Hmmmm, maybe you would like to explain how I am an "idolator", then?
Or, is it just another case of an ignorant anti-Catholic spouting off?

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer/devotions towards ANY image makes it idolatry.....you know that....as you kneel before the statue of Mary, begging for her help, and the infant son that she commands...
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above..
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them....
Just like you to cherry-pick the Word of God. Most Scripturally-ignorant people do..
Now - let’s read the ENTIRE Commandment:

Exod. 20:2-6
“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to THEM or serve THEM, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

You see, sparky – this commandment is about the WORSHIP of images as gods – not the making of images.

As I schooled you earlier – if MAKING images was wrong – then God Himself was wrong for commanding Moses to make 2 GOLDEN CHERUBIM to place atop the Ark and a BRONZE SERPENT to place on a pole so that when the people gazed upon it, they would be healed.

Unlike YOU – God is not a hypocrite.
Dude – you REALLY need to study your Bible . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like you to cherry-pick the Word of God. Most Scripturally-ignorant people do..
Now - let’s read the ENTIRE Commandment:

Exod. 20:2-6
“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to THEM or serve THEM, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

You see, sparky – this commandment is about the WORSHIP of images as gods – not the making of images.

As I schooled you earlier – if MAKING images was wrong – then God Himself was wrong for commanding Moses to make 2 GOLDEN CHERUBIM to place atop the Ark and a BRONZE SERPENT to place on a pole so that when the people gazed upon it, they would be healed.

Unlike YOU – God is not a hypocrite.
Dude – you REALLY need to study your Bible . . .
...as the Roman Catholic bows down to the carved statue Mary, the "queen of heaven", this morning, saying..."Mary, please tell your son to do this and that today"...

Then quotes the RCC version of Timothy...."for there is one God in three persons, and one mediator between the Trinity and Jesus, Mary, the mother of God the son....."

LOL

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...as the Roman Catholic bows down to the carved statue Mary, the "queen of heaven", this morning, saying..."Mary, please tell your son to do this and that today"...
Then quotes the RCC version of Timothy...."for there is one God in three persons, and one mediator between the Trinity and Jesus, Mary, the mother of God the son....."
LOL
Yup - asking Mary to pray for me is no different than asking any other member of the Body of Christ to pray for m.
Ummmmm, when did she get kicked OUT of the Body of Christ?

Do you have a copy of that memo, because I never got it . . .