• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continue to have salvation

This phrase . . . continue to have salvation . . . your understanding of salvation and mine must be very different.

Those born again are fully reconciled by God in a reconciliation not based on us but on Him, and having received that reconciliation, we've been begotton from Him, now the spirit children of the Creator God. This life which we now have, eternal life, is not based on the vararies of our bodies of flesh, to live or die according as the flesh may live or die, or even to sin, as the bodies of flesh produce sin.

Our life as God's children is found in the Spirit of Christ inside us, to Whom we have been united, and by Whom we are kept. Our life is His life in us, and He has unending life, unfailing power, and is our Faithful Creator. This is what He wants.

On again off again salvation, to me, overlooks the most fundamental aspect of what justification is. We are separated from our flesh, and united to God.

Walking in the Light, we can look at that a lot of different ways, being transparent about sin, walking in righteous works, walking in love, at the end of it all, Jesus is the Light, and to walk in Christ is walking in the light.

But all of this comes as a result of our rebirth, born from God, filled with Chrsit.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just denied the Blood of Jesus again, by replacing it with your usual theology of "im saving myself by my faith in my faith".

No, I have not denied the blood of Jesus in saying that we are saved by grace through faith. If that is the case then Paul the apostle denied the blood of Jesus.

For the blood of Jesus is appropriated by faith.

On again off again salvation, to me, overlooks the most fundamental aspect of what justification is.

See Ezekiel 33:11-20; where it seems to me to clearly teach an on-again, off-again salvation. Also, 1 John 3:6.

And Romans 11:20-22.

I will say this: that our position in Christ does not change because of our behaviour if we continue to have faith in Jesus Christ.

But our standing in practical righteousness, and our koinoneia fellowship, is indeed affected by our behaviour (Hebrews 3:12-13; 1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6); for righteousness is not an impractical thing (1 John 3:17-18).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We continue to be righteous by continuing to have faith; just like we are made righteous by having initial faith.

We are not made righteous by faith.
We are made righteous by God.
Faith didn't die on The Cross.
God did.

So what you need to do, justbyfaith, is stop trusting in Faith, as faith is not your savior.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I will say this: that our position in Christ does not change because of our behaviour if we continue to have faith in Jesus Christ.

Christ is not bound by our behavior.
He's bound by His promise and by God's will.

"all that trust in me, i give unto you eternal life, and you shall never perish".

"noone is able to take you out of my hand"......and that includes you, justbyfaith.

"its God's will that i lose none that God has given to me".

So, i'll tell you again.
You are rebuking the Holy Spirit, with your obsessive need to be heard and to rant about water and self saving.
Time runs out on that patience.
Believe it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not made righteous by faith.

I beg to differ (Habakkuk 2:4, Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11, Hebrews 10:28).

The above verses are the foundation for the reformation which you apparently want to deny.

You just wrote that continuing in faith, is the savior.
Its not.
God is the Savior.

If we do not continue in His goodness, we will be cut off (Romans 11:20-22).

We continue in His goodness by faith.

Eph 2:8, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9, Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Please note, we are saved by grace through faith. Faith is the conduit by which we have access to grace, Romans 5:1-2.

Therefore, if we do not have faith, we do not have access to grace.

Since we are saved by grace, if we do not have access to grace (because we don't have faith), we don;t have access any more to salvation.

In Luke 8:13 it speaks of a type of person who believes for a while and in time of temptation falls away.

Such a person does not continue to have salvation;

And to deny this is to believe in and teach a heretical doctrine.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say this, that if someone has the right kind of faith, they have everlasting life (John 6:47); and this life can never come to an end; otherwise it would have been defined as temporal.

Such a faith is a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14).

The other kind of faith (Luke 8:13 faith) is nominal, lukewarm, shallow; and such a faith does not apprehend the sealing of the Holy Ghost.

But if anyone is sealed by the Holy Ghost, they have an everlasting faith.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I beg to differ

Eph 2:8, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Look CLOSELY, for the first time..

"by Grace you are saved...........through faith"........and that NOT OF YOURSELF.

Understand that self saver?

"not of yourself".........there is no.....>If i keep my faith, it saves me........

= NOT OF YOURSELF..........you can't do it.....by effort, of any kind.

This is why the verse teaches you that you are saved THROUGH faith, and not BY faith,

God is the Savior.
He saves THROUGH faith.... one time. = Born again......and that does not happen in a pool of water.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, under the Covenant of Law which God made with Israel.

Not the New Covenant.

Much love!

Look CLOSELY, for the first time..

"by Grace you are saved...........through faith"........and that NOT OF YOURSELF.

Understand that self saver?

"not of yourself".........there is no.....>If i keep my faith, it saves me........

= NOT OF YOURSELF..........you can't do it.....by effort, of any kind.

This is why the verse teaches you that you are saved THROUGH faith, and not BY faith,

God is the Savior.
He saves THROUGH faith.... one time. = Born again......and that does not happen in a pool of water.

I think that you are misrepresenting what I teach.

I am all for the idea that God is the one who saves us, totally.

If you have a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14), you are sealed by the Holy Spirit and the Lord will keep you in your faith; in that He will motivate you to seek Him when you are falling.

Here is also a reality.

1Jo 5:18, We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1Pe 1:5, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Also:

Unless you are born of water and the Spirit, you cannot enter into the kingdom of God (John 3:5).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which of those verses say that faith makes us righteous?

If you quote the verses, we would see that none do.

Much love!
They say that the righteous "shall live" by faith; each and every one.

That we are "made" righteous, is evident in other verses (such as 1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but you teach a salvation that can be lost, right? That you can be born again, to then spiritually die again? Is that so? Or am I mistaken?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They say that the righteous shall live by faith; each and every one.

That we are "made" righteous, is evident in other verses (such as 1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).
None of those verses say that faith makes us righteous, which is what you said.

God makes us righteous, not faith.

Now it sounds like you are trying to obfuscate this.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If you have a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end

Oh i would never misrepresent your theology.
Recently you have "gone catholic"....and thats not a misrepresentation.

Also, "enduring to the end"?

You have no idea what this is, and once again, you just post random verses, like Rap Musicians write lyrics.
No sense, just words crammed together.

Listen, let me show you...

"endure to the end"....Of what?

OF WHAT ????

You dont know and you'll now run to 20 commentaries then to some site online, to find an answer that is totally wrong, then you'll post it pretending you wrote it.
Thats your game.

So, see that phrase..."endure to the end"..

The END OF WHAT?
THe end of the time of the gentiles?
The end of the Great Tribulation?
The end of the world?
The end of the Age?

Let me give you a hint.
Its not the end of your life.... as your life is "eternal life" ALREADY, if you are born again, and that never ends.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but you teach a salvation that can be lost, right? That you can be born again, to then spiritually die again? Is that so? Or am I mistaken?

Much love!

Salvation cannot be lost if the faith that you have is a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14).

It is a quality of faith that gives everlasting life (John 6:47)..,life that can never come to an end; otherwise it would have been defined as temporal.

If you have a shallow, lukewarm, or nominal faith, then you can fall away (Luke 8:13).

If you fall away from the faith you do not continue to have salvation.

So, my exhortation is:

Phl 2:12, Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

which means:

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

None of those verses say that faith makes us righteous, which is what you said.

God makes us righteous, not faith.

Now it sounds like you are trying to obfuscate this.

Much love!

God makes us righteous through our faith, that should be obvious.

It really does appear to me that the devil is here attempting to contest a doctrine that should be accepted at face value as objective fact. It is something that really goes without saying, that we are made righteous, not apart from faith in Jesus Christ.

Do we not abide in Jesus through faith in Jesus (John 15:1-8)?

Therefore our righteousness is by faith (see 1 John 3:6) from beginning to end (Romans 1:17).

Oh i would never misrepresent your theology.
Recently you have "gone catholic"....and thats not a misrepresentation.

Actually, it is.

My doctrine is not based in Catholicism but in my leanings towards Oneness Pentecostalism.

"endure to the end"....Of what?

Whatever is meant by the end in Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, and Hebrews 3:14.

I will answer here with the answer of your physical, temporal life on this earth.

Let me give you a hint.
Its not the end of your life.... as your life is "eternal life" ALREADY, if you are born again, and that never ends.

We do have a physical life that will come to an end...after which we will receive glorified bodies through which the possibility of falling away will be for ever extinguished.

If our faith was nominal, shallow, or lukewarm...then we may not receive those glorified bodies.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then it doesn't seem like I'm misrepresenting you.

Much love!
I'm saying that if you have a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14), that you will continue to have faith everlastingly and therefore will continue to have salvation everlastingly.

Do you think that, because I take Luke 8:13 into account in my theology, that I am somehow teaching falsely?